Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Loiterer

5,950 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Man, I am so obsessed with the Newsies soundtrack right now.
Anyone else digging it?

Fashionable Entrepreneur

5,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Always! Just saw it in New York; if you ever get the chance, grab it. Ugh, it's nice to go on a new website and see other Newsies fans here. biggrin

Liberal Genius

6,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
I'm so excited that Newsies is back.
I fell in love with it eight years ago, and now I'm loving it all over again.
I LOVE NEWSIES!!! It was my favorite when I was little and just recently I started listening to it again! Its so awesome!
I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. Whoever dreamt up Kara Lindsey's character was a genius! I think I've listened to "Watch What Happens" 100 times. I can't wait for the Tonies, I really hope they win Best Musical!

Fashionable Entrepreneur

5,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
The 1914 Generation
I'm so excited that Newsies is back.
I fell in love with it eight years ago, and now I'm loving it all over again.

Amen. Same for me— I was such a big fan of the movie, and have been for years. It's great to see it get the recognition that it deserves, you know?
Got introduced to Newsies back a youngin in school and when I found out they were takin it to broadway, I almost wet myself! 3nodding
Newsies is and always will be my favorite musical... in any of its forms! biggrin
The Newsies is one of my favorite musicals. I've never seen it on Broadway, unfortunately, but I do own the DVD, which counts for something ^.^ And I totally agree that the soundtrack is phenomenal. My favorite song is "King of New York," but they are all good. (Except for "Santa Fe;" I'm not a fan of that one, sadly.)

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Newsies did not do very well when it first came out, but I thought it was a good movie. I have a feeling the Broadway play will fare better. My reason for thinking this is that some might feel that song and dance in a movie about the newsboys strike of 1899 is not very fitting. But song and dance in a Broadway play - that's very common.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff