Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not nearly as good as Phantom, but music is very catchy. If not a bit cheesy. I got hooked on the soundtrack for a week or 2 and than got sick of most of it.
In my honest opinion, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever at first, but I guess it's grown on me. heart However, "Bathing Beauty" is comparable to Rebecca Black's "Friday".

I'll see it if it comes to my area, I can only judge from the OST right now. confused

Can anyone fill me in on what they changed? xp

7,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Although I do enjoy the soundtrack, Love Never Dies will never compare to The Phantom Of the Opera. Not to me, anyways. XD

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
I. MUST. SEE. THE. SHOW. NOW. ninja
Cadbury Creme Egg
Love Never Dies is INCREDIBLE!
Beautifully staged, great music.
The lyrics are cliche in some places on the Soundtrack, but since Webber reworked the show it runs very smoothly and the lyrics have been changed. I hope they release an updated soundtrack with the new lyrics at some point, but that is unlikely.

Ramin Korimloo is a fantastic Phantom. and when I saw it on stage Celia Graham was Christine, and she was even better than Sierra Boggess (Soundtrack Christine).

Beneath a Moonless Sky, Devil Takes the Hindmost and The Beauty Underneath are all incredible songs, and Beneath a Moonless Sky gave me goosebumps when I saw it. <3

If you ever get a chance to see it, GO SEE IT!

I agree. LND is amazing! I saw the Australian version in theaters on Tuesday and it was spectacular! I definitely prefer Anna O'Byrne to Sierra, though, and Ben Lewis almost tops Ramin. Ben Lewis made the Phantom kind of socially awkward, but it was endearing. All of the changes they did made it even better. You definitely have to see it!
iHarlow
I am currently listening to and am hooked on the soundtrack.

What do you guys think of it? if you've listened to it.

I love it.

Admittedly, when I first I bought it the day the CD was released, I was a little taken off guard. It felt alien, the Vaudeville music I didn't like, and the storyline was a bit unexpected.

Despite the first impression, the more I listened to it, the more I feel head over heels in love with it.

I just had the pleasure of getting to see the Melbourne performance in theaters for the US release (both showings - I couldn't resist), and I loved it even more the second time around. The music is fresh, and powerful. I know most people's complaint is the way the characters were played out and changed, but I think ALW did a brilliant job depicting the changes and troubles the characters went through over the ten year gap between LND and PotO.

And, as much as I adore Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom, I must admit I am quite smitten with the dark twist that Ben Lewis gave him in the Melbourne performance. I really wish they would release that to CD, as well.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Love Never Dies is garbage, pure and simple. Even if I'm not the biggest Phantom of the Opera fan, I can recognize its place in Broadway musical history.

This show...this show just sucks.
I actually like the music, I was a bit hesitant at first but it grew on me. And the show was okay but it became really really great after the reworking of the plot and lyrics. I'm a bit sad that they didn't film the London production but atleast they gave us the Melbourne production which was amazing.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Elanoe
but it became really really great after the reworking of the plot and lyrics

No it didn't.

Quit being a goddamn Webber apologist.
At first when I had only heard the music I wasn't so sure. I only liked Till I Hear You Sing and Beneath a Moonless Sky. After I finally watched the production I liked it as a whole SO much more. I still think Phantom of the Opera is better, but Love Never Dies definitely grew on me a lot. I only wish it was Ramin Karimloo I saw as the Phantom.

Anxious Friend

You know how movie theatres sometimes do live recordings of met operas or stuff like that? I saw a movie theatre do a filmed stage production that was wonderfully done. And holy s**t! Honestly, not sure I'm hooked on the music overall. It's wonderful, but a lot more complicated and the melodies it plays off from origional phantom are a bit obscure. But the entire time I watched it, I was having a tech orgasm. The set and lights and everything! HOLY s**t! It was awesome! See if you can find the recording on youtube or something. THAT SET! <3

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF3FCCF02ACD21401

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces