Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elocutionist

StephenQS3
LoverOfMusicals
StephenQS3
I just saw After Midnight, on Saturday, for my 21st birthday. The music, the dancing, the singing, it was all amazing. I was a little heartbroken to find out they hadn't recorded the soundtrack yet

I've heard SO SO SO much about this show. Not one I would see, but I hope they make a cast recording soon!

I highly recommend it, but if jazz or tap dancing isn't something your into definitely pass. Do you know about tkts?

Yes! I'm an avid theatre goer (but I live in VA, so my friend and I usually do 3-4 binge theatre weekends a year with 5 shows a weekend). We are going up again in May and I'm trying to make her try to do a rush with me for a show. TKTS has just gotten RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I remember when my sister used to go and they used to only be $60-70 a ticket.

I keep hearing mixed reviews for After Midnight, especially with all of the guest people coming in and out. We shall see!

Hilarious Autobiographer

The last One I saw was Jekyll and Hype (On Broadway litterally) and I just Saw Wicked in Providence. I need to see Jekyll and Hype againnnnnn
the first and last broadway show i saw was the phantom of the opera and that was for my senior trip back in 2009. i really didn't think i would like it, but now i love it.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Going to see the NY Philharmonic orchestra perform Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson as Mrs. Lovett on Saturday! We are also seeing Matilda and we are going to try to rush on Sunday for Beautiful.

EDIT: So they didn't do the rush for Beautiful on Sunday. We decided to see The Bridges of Madison County during the Saturday matinee and Waiting for Godot on Sunday! Both extraordinary. And Sweeney Todd was just… I can't even explain it to you guys. Stephen Sondheim was there and I freaked out. The concert I went to and the matinee were filmed so it will be televised on PBS!

Beloved Fairy

9,375 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Gonderalf
Wicked!!! It was absolutely amazing!

Same and I completely agree!

Liberal Genius

6,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
On Broadway, Matilda.
On tour, Once.
Next month, American Idiot.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Our show lineup for the first week in May:
Kristin Chenoweth at Carnegie Hall
Aladin
Of Mice and Men
Lady Day at the Emerson Bar and Grill
Beautiful

And then Into the Woods in DC towards the middle of May and West Side Story touring in DC in June!

Demonic Teenager

Well, none because I live in Hong Kong, and musicals don't come that often. On top of that, they normally don't come anywere near me for years. . I think the last time a really famous musical came here was the Phantom of the Opera in 2006, and even then I didn't get to see it. gonk crying Still, Mamma Mia! is in Hong Kong right now, so I'm hoping that my parents will let me see it....fingers crossed....... ninja

Eloquent Elocutionist

Misty Sunwing
Well, none because I live in Hong Kong, and musicals don't come that often. On top of that, they normally don't come anywere near me for years. . I think the last time a really famous musical came here was the Phantom of the Opera in 2006, and even then I didn't get to see it. gonk crying Still, Mamma Mia! is in Hong Kong right now, so I'm hoping that my parents will let me see it....fingers crossed....... ninja

Good luck, I hope you get to go! Do you not have any regional theatre?

So my NYC trip went a little wry (aka always a bad idea to go to the city after Tony noms), but we ended up seeing Aladdin (thank you scalpers), Of Mice and Men, The Cripple of Inishmaan, and Kristin Chenoweth at Carnegie Hall.

Newbie Member

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
A year ago, I saw a broadway musical based on 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' playing in Melbourne, which was during the holidays. I thought it was just 'meh'. It wasn't bad, it was just mediocre at best.

Feline Autobiographer

The last show I saw on Broadway was "Mamma Mia" in 2008. It was for a school trip and that would not have been my first choice, especially since so many great productions were closing that year. I wanted to see what I could before I couldn't.

The last touring show I had the opportunity to see was "Bring it On: The Musical" earlier this year. I had seen it once before in 2009 for its first run in the Alliance Theatre pre-Broadway and I noticed just how many changes had been made since its debut. I disagreed with such choices. What was once spectacular no longer did a thing for me.

Questionable Entrepreneur

15,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Tycoon 200
Last I saw was a local production of Ghost the Musical.
Before that, Wicked.
Les Miz in Toronto starring Ramin Karimloo. biggrin

Demonic Teenager

PurpleXRing
Gonderalf
Wicked!!! It was absolutely amazing!

Same and I completely agree!

The only chance to hear someone sing Wicked songs live here is through a concert around once every two years. Still, love it smile

Eloquent Elocutionist

Just saw Into the Woods at a regional theatre nearby. It was fricken FANTASTIC. My second favorite Sondheim show and I have never seen it live before this (although I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Bernadette Peters one on Netflix).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff