Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Champion

-1 for all of you who thought "oh great another thing the government does" Shame on you.

The obama administration has released blueprints for a privacy bill of rights to protect users online. The bill will be based off of the Consumers bill of rights and will promote user control on internet tracking (cookies, history, etc).

Within the next couple weeks, the Commerce Department’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration will talk with companies, privacy and consumer advocates, technical experts, international partners, and academics to establish specific rules to protect your rights.

This bit of news looks promising to protect our freedoms. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Source

Dapper Explorer

I wish Gaia would change the name of this forum to "Internet Censorship" or something that describes the issue in it's entirety because it is only encouraging people to beat on bills that have legs left hanging from tendons, and some people don't even know what this "Soap" problem is.

ACTA will be taken to ECJ and most likely re-thought-out.

The proposal looks good, looking forward to seeing more progress on it. Obama would be smart to make additional points for fair-use and sharing.

Now if we could only get the NDAA tweaked a bit more...

Durem Champion

Son Of Primus
I wish Gaia would change the name of this forum to "Internet Censorship" or something that describes the issue in it's entirety because it is only encouraging people to beat on bills that have legs left hanging from tendons, and some people don't even know what this "Soap" problem is.

ACTA will be taken to ECJ and most likely re-thought-out.

The proposal looks good, looking forward to seeing more progress on it. Obama would be smart to make additional points for fair-use and sharing.

Now if we could only get the NDAA tweaked a bit more...

Definitely agree with that. I've been questioning whether or not we're even allowed to discuss bills other than SOPA here. The sticky says only SOPA, but I think even gaia realizes the problems with all these other bills. I'm finding this forum to post less and less in intelligent topics and more in I HATE SOPAAAA!!!! threads. This topic lost its hot :l

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff