Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I have always had very vivid and and fantastical dreams. None of this showing up naked to school stuff. More like long involved scifi/mystery/horror plots.
Over the last couple years, I almost never have good dreams. They range from about neutral to really bad. Usually they involve near death experiences. I wouldn't call them nightmares, cause they aren't causing me to like wake up in a panic or anything.

Anyway. I was wondering what other people's dreams are like for comparison. Is this normal? Does it happen for anyone else? What would you say your ratio of good to bad dreams is?

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
There is no such thing as a "normal" dream.

Seeker

boring ones where u ride buses and have pet pokemons
pick up lucid dreaming and trance

Seeker

props to ur dr who avi btw its cute
david tennant was better tho

Rainbow Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Carna VII
props to ur dr who avi btw its cute
david tennant was better tho

I've totally had dreams about pokemon. But we were in a suburban neighbourhood under the see, and this guy had like a post-apocalyiptic looking armour made out of pokemon skins…..
Everything turns bad.

And thanks smile
I like david tenant too, but 11 is my first doctor has a special place in my heart

I have thought about trying to figure out how to lucid dream, seems like a good idea.

Rainbow Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dog Groper
Either nothing (at least I have no recollection of anything) or half-hazed, barely visible images with light direction in plot.

Not since childhood have I really had a dream. In the past 5 years, maybe like 3 or 4? That I recall anyways.

Likely due to my decline in sleep hours over time. Around 12, i sorta called off sleep. Too much time.

Your profile states you are 19, so perhaps the recent bad dreams could be in relation to the underlying thought of the oncoming adult world you are going to begin embracing?

I've heard a lot of people say that they dream less now than as a child. Maybe its a common thing?

And ya, the bad dreams could be from general school related stress and fearing the future and stuff. Maybe a bit of overactive imagination thrown in for good measure. Also, thanks for reminding me I needed to update my profile.
K i n g X u m o t - XVI

Yeah, some people hardly dream at all and some have vivid dreams every night. People who are able to lucid dream have the most amazing ability ever imo, I want to attempt it but since I had my first sleep paralysis not too long ago I'm afraid that attempting it might cause another sleep paralysis. I'd also like to add that certain medication and diets can make your dreams more vivid.
Ones you don't remember. What happens in them is irrelevant.

Dapper Citizen

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I will change you like a remix

Flis
I have always had very vivid and and fantastical dreams. None of this showing up naked to school stuff. More like long involved scifi/mystery/horror plots.
Over the last couple years, I almost never have good dreams. They range from about neutral to really bad. Usually they involve near death experiences. I wouldn't call them nightmares, cause they aren't causing me to like wake up in a panic or anything.

Anyway. I was wondering what other people's dreams are like for comparison. Is this normal? Does it happen for anyone else? What would you say your ratio of good to bad dreams is?
User Image

Most the dreams I remember in the morning are post-apocalyptic. All dreams are normal. Dreams are dreams. Just a collection of things you may have thought of during the day mashed together in some sort of awkward yet beautiful thing.User Image

Then I'll raise you like phoenix

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Citizen

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I will change you like a remix

Moronical
K i n g X u m o t - XVI

Yeah, some people hardly dream at all and some have vivid dreams every night. People who are able to lucid dream have the most amazing ability ever imo, I want to attempt it but since I had my first sleep paralysis not too long ago I'm afraid that attempting it might cause another sleep paralysis. I'd also like to add that certain medication and diets can make your dreams more vivid.
User Image

The sleep medication over the counter, melatonin really really makes vivid dreams. I'm a lucid dreamer myself. For me, it was always that way.User Image

Then I'll raise you like phoenix

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Cat

8,665 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Flis

My dreams are very similar to yours, in that they're usually long and involved and plotty, even if the plot makes no sense--in one of my all-time favorite dreams, I robbed a jewelry store, stole a car, and led the police on a chase into a wooded area. Then I jumped out of the car and started...well, walking, not running for some reason. I got shot in the face by a cop, immediately rose from the dead as a vampire, killed the cop, ran to an abandoned cabin and telepathically kept the door shut all night, and the next morning I dashed outside where the police and news reporters were, took a reporter hostage, and dragged him back into the house. ...Then I woke up. And that's not even mentioning the random pet fox I had who disappeared after I got shot, or the rooms I explored in the cabin, or the dozens of times I crashed the car into random objects (apparently I can't drive in my dreams; that always happens).

And the phrase 'sweet dreams' makes me want to go bah humbug xd Almost none of my dreams are what you'd call 'sweet', and the few that are aren't worth remembering. I like my creepy, demented dreams. Two nights ago, I made friends with a talking zombie rat. He was about as gross as you'd imagine (just beginning to decompose), though quite friendly. A few years ago, I fell in love with a total psychopath, but even in the dream I knew it wouldn't have a happy ending. (Pretty sure he ended up being dragged away by...some group of people, don't know who. I think a magic portal was involved.) Also a few years ago, some guy massacred an entire airport lobby, then just sat in a chair and waited. I was a bounty hunter, and when I went in after him, we ended up in a...conversation, I guess. I don't remember what we talked about, but when I shot him, I was crying. (...Then I went to go collect the bounty.)

As far as nightmares go, I have a very simple criteria for whether it's a nightmare or just a scary dream: if it's black-and-white, it's a nightmare, even if nothing is happening yet. (The keyword is 'yet'.) I've trained myself to wake up if a dream fades into greyscale by opening my eyes--the world fading to grey shocks me into lucidity. It has only ever failed once, when I woke up in my bed and didn't realize until it was too late that I'd merely 'woken' into another nightmare. -shudder-
If You have a dream.
Your Brain are active while you sleep.
Memories are twisted together, sometimes it end up as revelation....

or nightmare.

Rainbow Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Corrupted Kestrel
Flis

My dreams are very similar to yours, in that they're usually long and involved and plotty, even if the plot makes no sense--in one of my all-time favorite dreams, I robbed a jewelry store, stole a car, and led the police on a chase into a wooded area. Then I jumped out of the car and started...well, walking, not running for some reason. I got shot in the face by a cop, immediately rose from the dead as a vampire, killed the cop, ran to an abandoned cabin and telepathically kept the door shut all night, and the next morning I dashed outside where the police and news reporters were, took a reporter hostage, and dragged him back into the house. ...Then I woke up. And that's not even mentioning the random pet fox I had who disappeared after I got shot, or the rooms I explored in the cabin, or the dozens of times I crashed the car into random objects (apparently I can't drive in my dreams; that always happens).

And the phrase 'sweet dreams' makes me want to go bah humbug xd Almost none of my dreams are what you'd call 'sweet', and the few that are aren't worth remembering. I like my creepy, demented dreams. Two nights ago, I made friends with a talking zombie rat. He was about as gross as you'd imagine (just beginning to decompose), though quite friendly. A few years ago, I fell in love with a total psychopath, but even in the dream I knew it wouldn't have a happy ending. (Pretty sure he ended up being dragged away by...some group of people, don't know who. I think a magic portal was involved.) Also a few years ago, some guy massacred an entire airport lobby, then just sat in a chair and waited. I was a bounty hunter, and when I went in after him, we ended up in a...conversation, I guess. I don't remember what we talked about, but when I shot him, I was crying. (...Then I went to go collect the bounty.)

As far as nightmares go, I have a very simple criteria for whether it's a nightmare or just a scary dream: if it's black-and-white, it's a nightmare, even if nothing is happening yet. (The keyword is 'yet'.) I've trained myself to wake up if a dream fades into greyscale by opening my eyes--the world fading to grey shocks me into lucidity. It has only ever failed once, when I woke up in my bed and didn't realize until it was too late that I'd merely 'woken' into another nightmare. -shudder-

Yep, that pretty much sounds exactly like the kinds of dream I have! Except for the black and white thing, and I've never been able to wake myself up.
Actually I had a dream a couple nights ago that wasn't particularly bad, where a bunch of people got massacred, and I had to go figure out who was doing it and why (turned out to be angels).
And usually the feeling that my dream was bad doesn't start until I wake up. Once I dreamt that I was being chased by these bad guys in the jungle because I knew some secret about an evil plot. Then I stumbled into a village and the tribe that lived there protected me, brutally killed the people chasing me and took me in. After a little while, I found out that they intended to sacrifice me. I knew I wouldn't be able to escape so I just accepted it. They treated me really nicely, and made friends with a bunch of them, and I was fine with being killed which is what happened at the end. The dream felt mostly calm, but I was deeply disturbed by it when I woke up.

IRL Healer

19,525 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
You only dream what you allow yourself to dream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers