Religion 0.095652173913043 9.6% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 115 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny

Yes, and I also know that there are thousands of them - we don't know what all of them do.
They are in random sequences the majority of the time. The known sequences of DNA are for physical traits - hair, skin color, freckles, height.
But we have a lot to learn.

I just happen to have a hypothesis about the ones we don't know about yet.

Genes cannot evolve throughout our lives. A person's genotype is fixed at around the point in development in which they most closely resemble a ball.

Perhaps evolve was the wrong choice of words. And yes, that is true. (Keep in mind my main point is that sexuality is not a choice, so it has to be predetermined. I was running on maybe three hours sleep at the time I posted my first comment.)

So, I guess to fit with the rest of my theory (hypothesis was also the wrong word - currently we have no way of testing this!), the genes that determine sexuality include fluidity.

I've found the problem with your argument, if you'd like to hear it?

Which argument?
That sexuality is not a choice (because I will fight for this until my dying day - no way in hell do people choose to live a life where they will be discriminated against daily in various degrees of hatred), or that it's genetic?

They are the same argument.

It relies upon a false dichotomy of choice-predetermination. Lots of things are neither elective nor definite.
CH1YO
HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny

Yes, and I also know that there are thousands of them - we don't know what all of them do.
They are in random sequences the majority of the time. The known sequences of DNA are for physical traits - hair, skin color, freckles, height.
But we have a lot to learn.

I just happen to have a hypothesis about the ones we don't know about yet.

Genes cannot evolve throughout our lives. A person's genotype is fixed at around the point in development in which they most closely resemble a ball.

Perhaps evolve was the wrong choice of words. And yes, that is true. (Keep in mind my main point is that sexuality is not a choice, so it has to be predetermined. I was running on maybe three hours sleep at the time I posted my first comment.)

So, I guess to fit with the rest of my theory (hypothesis was also the wrong word - currently we have no way of testing this!), the genes that determine sexuality include fluidity.

Which argument?
That sexuality is not a choice (because I will fight for this until my dying day - no way in hell do people choose to live a life where they will be discriminated against daily in various degrees of hatred), or that it's genetic?

It relies upon a false dichotomy of choice-predetermination. Lots of things are neither elective nor definite.

Well, I agree that many things are not definite or elective.
But sexuality is not a choice.
I did not choose to be bisexual.
I am not choosing to be ridiculed and judged by my peers.
So no, I do not want to hear your argument.

Thank you for having this discussion civilly with me, but it is now over. Have a good day.
HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny
CH1YO
HQuinny

Which argument?

Well, I agree that many things are not definite or elective.
But sexuality is not a choice.
I am not choosing to be ridiculed and judged by my peers.
So no, I do not want to hear your argument.

Thank you for having this discussion civilly with me, but it is now over. Have a good day.

I thought the discussion was only about 60% over so you've surprised me there. I already know all about my argument so it would not interest me to discuss it anyway.

Aged Lunatic

CHYO is a bigot who thinks you can just decide to be aroused by the opposite sex at will. Don't bother with her on this one if you value your lack of a headache.
Katamari Kitten
The reason why there is no definitive answer is because of how difficult it is to determine why it happens, just like the age old debate of nature vs nurture. For homosexuality it is scientifically proven that some parts of the brain are a bit different in homosexuals in comparison to heterosexuals. This can be influenced during the neo-natal stages depending on the environment. Society also plays a role in how people are shaped to behave, and depending on the individual and the environment they are immersed in, certain things about them will either be enhanced or diminished.

Two things are sure. Sexuality can be developed and determined in less than 6 years. From conception until the child claims he/she is a girl/boy in fact. And that sexuality cannot be changed again in the adulthood.
It's actually brought about by your first toy, although no relation has been found between phallic resemblance and attraction to men. However, those having toys with such shape during teething are said to have a specific oral fixation.
Jackilyn Hyde
It's actually brought about by your first toy, although no relation has been found between phallic resemblance and attraction to men. However, those having toys with such shape during teething are said to have a specific oral fixation.

That sounds like nonsense.
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde

That's because it is.
Jackilyn Hyde
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde

That's because it is.

Then why present it?
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde

That's because it is.

Then why present it?

Entertainment value
Jackilyn Hyde
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde
CH1YO
Jackilyn Hyde

That's because it is.

Then why present it?

Entertainment value

These threads are not silly enough as is?

Dapper Reveler

HQuinny
This seems ironic. Maybe not if you're also polygamous.
Avgvsto
HQuinny

I'm not poly, though.
I'm just sexually attracted to both genders.
Not a conscious choice, but a physical reaction to stimuli.
I didn't wake up one day and say to myself, "As of today, I like girls and boys!"

Dapper Reveler

HQuinny
Avgvsto
HQuinny

I'm not poly, though.
I didn't wake up one day and say to myself, "As of today, I like girls and boys!"
Does that mean it's okay to cheat?
Avgvsto
HQuinny
Avgvsto
HQuinny

I'm not poly, though.
Does that mean it's okay to cheat?

Hell the ******** no.
Finding someone attractive isn't cheating. Acting on that attraction is.
I have never once cheated on my fiance, though I have found a few women (and a few other men) physically appealing.
I've never flirted with another person after I started my current relationship.

Being bi doesn't make you a cheater.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces