Welcome to Gaia! ::

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
How can Hypnopompic and hypnagogic be defined and classified with differences and what might cause the physical pain that comes along with it?

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Hypnogogic is transitioning from wakefulness into sleep and hypnopompic is transitioning from sleeping into wakefulness. The fact that the person is transitioning between waking and sleeping might have something to do with the sensations that one might feel during either of them. During the transitions to and from wakefulness the brain wave patterns are changing greatly and can be rather dream-like despite the fact you are semi-conscious.

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
AliKat1988
Hypnogogic is transitioning from wakefulness into sleep and hypnopompic is transitioning from sleeping into wakefulness. The fact that the person is transitioning between waking and sleeping might have something to do with the sensations that one might feel during either of them. During the transitions to and from wakefulness the brain wave patterns are changing greatly and can be rather dream-like despite the fact you are semi-conscious.

This doesn't answer the question about physical pain in relation these disorders and the causes.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
AliKat1988

This doesn't answer the question about physical pain in relation these disorders and the causes.
I actually did hint at the answer though it was not completely clear. The brain wave patterns can be so erratic that they misfire and can affect the senses-this includes pain. I know the parietal lobe is involved in experiencing pain and is also quite active in dreams.

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
AliKat1988
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
AliKat1988

I actually did hint at the answer though it was not completely clear. The brain wave patterns can be so erratic that they misfire and can affect the senses-this includes pain. I know the parietal lobe is involved in experiencing pain and is also quite active in dreams.

I got the hint but it didn't satisfy the answer.
So in other words- the person most likely can fall into sleep paralysis if they remain supine?
I'm aware that narcoleptic sleepers have more sleep attacks and this might be caused from which.
This also might include why so many people believe they are being "attacked" by an unseen force when they wake up and are helpless to move.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff