ASPD, sociopathy, and psychopathy are all very different things

ASPD, while very similar to the other two, is a developed disorder,
typically due to an exceptional amount of trauma

As for sociopathy and psychopathy, don't be misled into thinking
that these are interchangeable terms for the same thing

From what I have been brought to understand,
psychopathy is essentially the more severe version of sociopathy,
the appropriate diagnosis being based on the patient's Hare scale results

Nope, sociopathy and psychopathy are just the old terms used back when Freud and Jung's personality theories were still used in clinical contexts.

Fanatical Zealot

Being a sociopath doesn't mean having no emotions, it means having no empathy. You don't understand the emotions of others intuitively. It doesn't necessarily mean you lack sympathy when you do understand, it just means you're less likely to, given the circumstances.

20-40% of those in prison fall into the same category of pyschopathy of some form, yet they make up just 1% of the population. While they're not all violent and criminally mind, because they don't really feel for others, it's much easier for them to commit crimes. It's also easier for them to project on to others, and make up things about other people, which is why racism, superiority complexes, general bigotry and other things are very commonly associated traits. It's easy for them to hate someone and hurt them for practically nothing, usually they seek an excuse or organization to do so.

Being a sociopath is generally speaking a less severe outcome, not really a change in the disorder itself. Sociopaths might be bullies, annoying managers, or social outcasts, someone who is generally not a good person, but might not break any major laws. Psychopaths tend to hurt people, kill people, have less restricted behavior. Functionally, it's the same disorder, it's just a different kind of behavior. The term is old and rarely used anymore, but essentially that's what it applies to.
Suicidesoldier#1
Being a sociopath doesn't mean having no emotions, it means having no empathy. You don't understand the emotions of others intuitively. It doesn't necessarily mean you lack sympathy when you do understand, it just means you're less likely to, given the circumstances.

20-40% of those in prison fall into the same category of pyschopathy of some form, yet they make up just 1% of the population. While they're not all violent and criminally mind, because they don't really feel for others, it's much easier for them to commit crimes. It's also easier for them to project on to others, and make up things about other people, which is why racism, superiority complexes, general bigotry and other things are very commonly associated traits. It's easy for them to hate someone and hurt them for practically nothing, usually they seek an excuse or organization to do so.

Being a sociopath is generally speaking a less severe outcome, not really a change in the disorder itself. Sociopaths might be bullies, annoying managers, or social outcasts, someone who is generally not a good person, but might not break any major laws. Psychopaths tend to hurt people, kill people, have less restricted behavior. Functionally, it's the same disorder, it's just a different kind of behavior. The term is old and rarely used anymore, but essentially that's what it applies to.
I kind of EMPATHISE with this. I am myself someone whom rarely cares for your opinion because I am the right one (AKA I am that annoying picky right manager, mom, dad, brother, etc.) Like you say, I am definitely not criminally minded, but I am definitely superior-minded. I believe most high functioning socios are this way

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
If you don't want to harm anyone than you're just a logical emotionally unavailable person, right? You're a narcissist, I don't think that's always the same as a sociopath.

Do you ever feel admiration for others of any kind?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff