Welcome to Gaia! ::

CH1YO
jamirna
Of course not. Because you fight with everyone.

That is an exaggeration but, even if true, you shouldn't be held back by the fact.

jamirna
Gifted is subjective.

I don't mind either way.

jamirna
I mean, even my psychology class taught me that there were different types of intelligence.

You were treading tenebrous ground with that one.

jamirna
If I dropped you off in the middle of the arctic, would you survive?

Although summer it might be just a little too cold for my human form.

jamirna
Are you persuasive enough to succeed in sales job, like selling cars, or mattresses?

Probably but I find no pleasure in such work.

jamirna
Do you have the social skills where you can start conversations with random people on the street and not seem creepy?

Most people do but it is again something which I do not relish.

jamirna
Also, your language is weird. It is not normal. I know you're from Britain, but even so, it's not normal. I know Canadians who speak similarly to your writing, and they're really weird.

I indulge myself in text, in person I'm conspicuously different.

well, you pretty much proved my point.
jamirna

I'm glad you've come around to seeing things my way.
CH1YO
jamirna

What part of Britain are you from?
I'm trying to imagine your accent in my head.
So far I'm getting London. I can't imagine you as Yorkshire or Leeds.
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

I'm from Nottingham but my accent is commonly mistaken for South Yorkshire (Doncaster).

Shirtless Receiver

One fine day
GunsmithKitten
If you're taking a psychology course, learn the following phrase. It will be the only one that will help you get a job with a degree in psych.

"Would you like fries with that?"

That's clever, as a psych major I can tell your deep resentment for the practitioners of behavioral science comes from childhood conflicts with your father and suppressed urges towards your mother.

^ this is so great.

I am a psych major as well. (:
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

I'm from Nottingham but my accent is commonly mistaken for South Yorkshire (Doncaster).

oh s**t. You the ones who say the TH's like F's?
Do your coda L's turn to U's as well?
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

I, at the very least, can pronounce a th sound. I don't know what you mean by the other thing.
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

I, at the very least, can pronounce a th sound. I don't know what you mean by the other thing.

Is your word Thin pronounced the same as Fin?
The other thing is when L's turn to Us in codas. So the word Feel is pronounced Fee-uu; Else is pronounced Eus. Some Canadian dialects do that too actually. Thought the OU in Mouse, would be pronounced the same as the EL in Else. Our accents are more conservative here. Our vowels are closer to what they used to be than the British and American accents.
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

The other thing is when L's turn to Us in codas. So the word Feel is pronounced Fee-uu; Else is pronounced Eus. Some Canadian dialects do that too actually. Thought the OU in Mouse, would be pronounced the same as the EL in Else. Our accents are more conservative here. Our vowels are closer to what they used to be than the British and American accents.

There are lots of people who pronounce a th wrongly, I am not one of them.
It's more of a w than a u sound but yes I do that somewhat.
I haven't the faintest what that last thing is supposed to mean.
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

North American English is more like the English from the 1500s than any British English is.
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

North American English is more like the English from the 1500s than any British English is.

Probably not, no.
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

Probably not, no.

It is. You can tell from the vowels, specifically Canadian English. That weird way they say "About" is closer to the original "about" than what Brits say, aside from some areas of Scotland. You haven't studied the evolution of the English language. You studied psychology, which is now a joke subject. Freud is probably rolling in his grave right now at what has become of our world.
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

Probably not, no.

It is. You can tell from the vowels, specifically Canadian English. That weird way they say "About" is closer to the original "about" than what Brits say, aside from some areas of Scotland. You haven't studied the evolution of the English language. You studied psychology, which is now a joke subject. Freud is probably rolling in his grave right now at what has become of our world.

I was aware of the bit in bold. I still maintain that it is nonsense though.
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

Probably not, no.

It is not nonsense. You're just being ethnocentric again.
You Brits don't even pronounce your Rs Ls and Thetas anymore. North Americans do.
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna
CH1YO
jamirna

Probably not, no.

It is not nonsense. You're just being ethnocentric again.
You Brits don't even pronounce your Rs Ls and Thetas anymore. North Americans do.

Your evidence that in the sixteenth century British people pronounced words the way which you like being what exactly?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff