Welcome to Gaia! ::

summer1412
Well, here's how I feel about it.

I've been attracted to both women and men for as long as I can remember. Not talking, you know, 6 or 7, either - more like 2 or 3. The women that consider themselves bisexual (I've noticed it's more common in women than men) because it's trendy annoy the bloody hell out of be because for people like me who consider themselves born that way, similar to a lot of homosexuals, it's a slap in the face. Similarly, you're either bisexual or you aren't. And being bisexual doesn't make you any more likely to cheat or feel as though you need both in order to be satisfied emotionally or sexually, that's a HUGE misconception. I'm engaged and perfectly happy spending my life with a man. The only reason I am not currently with a woman is because the one woman that I loved deeply passed away. And it just so happened that the next person I had feelings for, was my fiance.
If you let your heart guide you, there's really no going wrong.

And that's my opinion. =)

that is such a great way of putting it! go you!!!

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
wolfygirl1000
summer1412

I've been attracted to both women and men for as long as I can remember. Not talking, you know, 6 or 7, either - more like 2 or 3. The women that consider themselves bisexual (I've noticed it's more common in women than men) because it's trendy annoy the bloody hell out of be because for people like me who consider themselves born that way, similar to a lot of homosexuals, it's a slap in the face. Similarly, you're either bisexual or you aren't. And being bisexual doesn't make you any more likely to cheat or feel as though you need both in order to be satisfied emotionally or sexually, that's a HUGE misconception. I'm engaged and perfectly happy spending my life with a man. The only reason I am not currently with a woman is because the one woman that I loved deeply passed away. And it just so happened that the next person I had feelings for, was my fiance.

Thank you! biggrin

Blessed Waffles

13,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
summer1412
wolfygirl1000
summer1412

Thank you! biggrin

Pretty much summaries the post I was going to place in this thread. xd

Virtuous Prophet

I believe that bisexuality exist, it is possible to be attracted to both genders, but I do also think that more and more people are claiming to be when they aren't for attention, or to 'stand out' or whatever.

Beloved Sweetheart

Personally?

I can't say it's real or not, but I do know this. I love a boy, and I love SEVERAL girls. Or at least, I'm sexually attracked to one, while the other, I'm sexually attracked to and love. One is lust, one is love, and the boy is love too.

Maybe not bi, but deffinatly in love with more than one sex. Not BECAUSE of their sex, but because of their PERSON.
Blakaize
Personally?

I can't say it's real or not, but I do know this. I love a boy, and I love SEVERAL girls. Or at least, I'm sexually attracked to one, while the other, I'm sexually attracked to and love. One is lust, one is love, and the boy is love too.

Maybe not bi, but deffinatly in love with more than one sex. Not BECAUSE of their sex, but because of their PERSON.

Being attracted to someone just because of their personality would mean pansexuality.

However, you did say you were sexually attracted to another girl, like lusting after her, so...
Bisexuals merely find both binary sexes attractive. Like heterosexuality, and homosexuality however it is still only compatible with an absolutely binary gender spectrum. Some people believe it's a phase or denial, though I think a few individuals are generally genuine.

Pansexuals are almost the same thing as bisexuals only they aren't only open to binary relationships. There's however no word for someone only attracted to people in between the binary spectrums extremes, I guess they're too rare. The one other thing bisexuals share is they are... Non monosexual. Monosexual is what heterosexuals and gays are. And it's also not related to multiple partners.

error-dot-tar

So what of those that are in no way attracted to the sexual characteristics of the opposite sex, or those that are in no way attracted to the sexual characteristics of the same sex, or both?

People with such opinions are so rare I guess they don't have a name. The vast majority of people are so fixated on their binary system of attraction, they couldn't comprehend such. Most people find binary genders so sexy pretty much every orientation label is made for them. Aside from pansexuals which is almost a more extreme bisexuality.

error-dot-tar

They exist. In an activist guild I used to be a part of a few years ago we had a huge problem with GLBT people degrading heterosexual people and calling them "breeders". It was a mess.

They probably wanted some form of revenge, thought every heterosexual there was were the ones behind their torment.

Tipsy Camper

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Deal Me In 50
I think it's becoming increasingly popular because of its convenience. I mean, theoretically, you'd have no sexual limitations.
Shuphiritun
error-dot-tar

So what of those that are in no way attracted to the sexual characteristics of the opposite sex, or those that are in no way attracted to the sexual characteristics of the same sex, or both?

People with such opinions are so rare I guess they don't have a name. The vast majority of people are so fixated on their binary system of attraction, they couldn't comprehend such. Most people find binary genders so sexy pretty much every orientation label is made for them. Aside from pansexuals which is almost a more extreme bisexuality.

The terms exist.

They're called homosexuality, heterosexuality and asexuality, in the order I described them in my quote.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Read through it again, because your response to me makes no sense in context.

And I wouldn't call pansexuality a more extreme bisexuality, the major difference is that pansexuality isn't limited by sexual characteristics of who they're attracted to. They can become attracted to pretty much anyone. Bisexuality fixates on the sex of the person.

Quote:
error-dot-tar

They exist. In an activist guild I used to be a part of a few years ago we had a huge problem with GLBT people degrading heterosexual people and calling them "breeders". It was a mess.

They probably wanted some form of revenge, thought every heterosexual there was were the ones behind their torment.

Prejudice and/or hatred does not necessarily mean they wanted revenge. Just that they became blinded by the same prejudice that was shown to them by society, just reversed.
Belvedere X
I think it's becoming increasingly popular because of its convenience. I mean, theoretically, you'd have no sexual limitations.

Transgender people, especially if they're transsexual and in the middle of transitioning, can be a limitation in bisexuality. Mixed traits in intersexed individuals can also be a limitation.
i dont believe love has a gender
giocar

I'd be pretty surprised if an abstract concept had a gender identity.
giocar
. I agree with him!!!! I'm Ryry, and I truely believe that some good portion of me is a gay boy. And therefore I end up attracted to bisexual males. Its not the gender, its whether or not they make you happy. (Btw I haven't been on in forrrrrever so I need friends pwease o.o?)
I am bisexual, but quiet about it for two big reasons.

1.) I'm happily married and people don't seem to think bisexual women are capable of being in long term committed relationship and I hate the ensuing argument that generally follows.
2.) People always say, "You're confused." That is so insulting. How dare people tell me how I feel?
no one can rock me...

This has probably been said before but I believe that everyone is at least a little gay. Even the people who are devout Christians and are married with three kids, I believe that deep down somewhere they fantasize about being with someone of the same sex.
So when the term "bisexual" comes to mind, a lot of people are probably like, "Oh, well, since I think about both boys and girls, I'm bi." Which, to me, still makes a degree of sense.
Unless you're in junior high and it becomes a fad among all of your peers.

As for me, I'm sexually confused and since I'm still a teenager I think it might just be a phase so I'm waiting until I decide for sure.

But I can tell you - I've had sex dreams about both boys and girls.

So I don't know.

your turn to sleep, okay?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas