Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Abductee

So, how come you can't take a username of a person who hasn't been on since like 2005 or something ? I don't mean just snatch it up, but like ask a mod for it or something ?

Retro TV's Husbando

Garbage Animal

Simply because Gaia has no way and no immediate plans to take the name of seemingly abandoned accounts. The closest theyve come to doing so is going through accounts that had never been activated. But other than that, they operate on the belief that username ownership is first come first serve and that users can come back even after years of not logging on

Athella's Fangirl

Lunatic

A staff member did mention in the previous Ask the Staff session that you can feel free to file a ticket and ask, but there's no guarantee they will let you have the name. (Years ago they did mention about a cleaning up of usernames on accounts that were never activated/verified)

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
Also some people snatch the names in hope to use it eventually like for cosplay accounts. I had an account name by Generous Rarity and I gave it up and it was snatched up in a second. So...yeah

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Because it is still possible - abet faintly - for someone to return after 9 years.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I have a few old mule accounts with good names (that haven't been logged into in about 5+ years), and I keep some rare items on those accounts for safe-keeping if this one gets banned.
              You could file a ticket about it, but it's unlikely you'll be granted the name because you want it. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff