Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ive been on Gaia for a while, but Ive just stared to get involved with the market place. I have a question, more on etiquette than anything else. If I see an item in a person's wishlist that Id be willing to sell, is it alright to PM them and ask if they'd like to by it? I dont want to bother people, but if someone offered me something I wanted cheaper than the stores, I guess I might like it. I just dont want to get in trouble for spamming. Thanks for the help
Of course its ok. If the user is of any worth to Gaia, then the worst you'll get in reply is, "Sorry, I don't have the funds for that now."
I say go for it, a lot of users would probably be glad for it. And it sure beats begging PMs xd
I think it's alright, since they do want that specific item after all 3nodding

If they don't have enough gold it's alright, there are plenty of fish in the sea (or lake, port or reclamation facility)
agreed. I'm sure it's fine. besides, if they really don't want random PMs, they can disable recieving them anyhow.. I say go for it.
I consider wishlists to be solicitations. As long as you're not going to taunt them by going "I have the coon tail you're looking for, only 150k! And a bargain at the price!", there's really nothing wrong with it. It's not like you're trying to buy anything.

The times it's generally prohibited are...
-Bidding (unless invited to do so)
-N00b begging (I'm poor, gimme golds)
-Oooh, sparkly! begging (I see you have an Angelic Sash, would you sell it to me for 500g?)
-Begging for items in bids (I see that you put your OMG in the bid for a Devil's Tail, would you be willing to sell to me if you lose?)

And, I think we can see the pattern from there...If they don't indicate they want the item, of course it's considered rude to solicit, but otherwise it's generally things where you're intending to receive from the other person that it's considered prohibited (read: begging).

Dangerous Dabbler

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Personally, I'd be pleased if someone offered to sell me the item in my quest.
Alright, thanks guys ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces