Ever had one of *those* days?

All the time! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 6 ]
What days?! 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Naw, my life is perfect. Always. ALWAYS! ;) 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
SPOON!! 0.38888888888889 38.9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]

Feline Elder

I. AM. SUCH. A. FAIL. emotion_facepalm

So, I thought I'd give the new Inventory Organizer a go, and within a few minutes, I managed to accidentally donate one of my fave items because my touch screen is screwy emo

I was trying to move my "La Belle D'Opera", I hit the "Donate" button. When I tried to hit the "Cancel" button, my screen thought I was hitting the "Go" button (I don't even remember what that one was labeled sad ). I just stared at my phone for a few minutes, wanting to chuck it out the window!

So, I did the usual... try to find any info on what to do when you've accidentally donated to the Dumpster Dive. I'm not very sharp right now, and having had my pretty pink Belle vanish so easily, I'm shaken and not focusing right. I haven't found any info on what to do, or of there even is anything that can be done sad

I was just going to write it off as someone else's good fortune... and I would just suck it up and purchase a new one in the MP. Well, the MP is dried up. The only one for sale is up for bid, and I rarely win bids, even when I'm right on top of them in the last few minutes.

So, with my last option to get back (actually, replace) my item shot to hell, I decided that I need to reach out to the knowledgeable people of the Q&A.

Does anyone know what to do in this case? Is it possible to get my item back? I changed my status for the Dumpster Dive that it now does show my name.. so if the recipient sends me a PM to thank me, I am more than willing to pay them market price for it; but no one has PM'd me.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!!
Also, 50 mil to the first person to correctly identify the significance and origin of the last poll option

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
I'm pretty sure you just have to, unfortunately, eat the loss of the item. It sucks, especially when you are working on your phone, but it happens. I know if I get it I'll send you a message. I already tried to see if i would randomly get it but alas, I did not.

Also, have you tried the exchange instead of the market place? Might find it there.

Feline Elder

MikiSohma
I'm pretty sure you just have to, unfortunately, eat the loss of the item. It sucks, especially when you are working on your phone, but it happens. I know if I get it I'll send you a message. I already tried to see if i would randomly get it but alas, I did not.

Also, have you tried the exchange instead of the market place? Might find it there.

Thank you for your response emotion_yatta I figured that it would be lost cause, but a girl's gotta try, right? :headdesk:

I'll check the Exchange, and most likely will end up starting a Wanted thread. *shrug* Poop happens rofl

Again, thanks! emotion_hug
Kiddiss the Kat >^..^<

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
Well when I get something expensive on the dumpster I usually pm the person, so You can only hope to get the pm, I don't know how much time it pass since you donate it until someone get it :S Anyway I'll try to check on the market cause probably whoever get it just will think it's a good oportunity to get some gold and if you see someone selling it just ask, and tell them that you want to buy it back :S

sorry for it anyway, it really sucks.
aw man, while i don't think that there's much you can do about it, you could try to pm a mod? if the item has already been given out, though, i don't think there's a way to get it back unless the person who gets it shoots you a pm. i frequent the dumpster dive, so if i get it, i'll send it back... :/ sorry man.

dilweedz's Partner

3,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
That's awful. That's such an expensive item. I hope you're able to get another.

Spoon comes from The Tick. biggrin

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Lady Pallas Athena

II assume the same with trashing? I was confused, trying to donate something but delted it insted. When I tired to doante another one, i was told it was a rare item and i was like OH $$$$...

Feline Elder

OMGWTFBBQ?!?! Some SUPER AWESOME ANON GIFTED ME THE La Belle D'Opera!!!
Oh, Anon, I would so very much love to thank you for your kindness and generosity!! If you are ever in need of anything, whether it be an item here on Gaia, or votes in the Area, or just someone to talk to without judgement, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM ME!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! heart emotion_hug heart
I am very grateful to this overly generous Anon, and to all the people who replied to my Q&A post... you guys... heart

And, we have a winner for the question of what the last poll option's origin is:

Lady Pallas Athena

*DING DING DING* Correct!!! Check your trades biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas