Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I received a mail from [NPC] P.U.G. telling me to look in my inventory for a gift box, for my birthday.
When I checked my inventory there was no gift box.
Instead of the gift box there was another one of these, Club Verge July 2013 Birthday Crown, which I received last year.
Are they really just giving duplicates of last years birthday item, or is this a mistake?
If this is a mistake, I would like the gift box that the mail told me about.

This is the mail I received:

Dearest Verge member,

We heard a wild rumor that it's your birthday! To celebrate this momentous day and thank you for your generous patronage, we've sent you a small birthday gift. Enjoy!

To open your gift, look for the Club Verge gift box in your inventory.

Undead Enchantress

From what I remember others mentioning, they got the crown straight even last year. There was no box to open. It's just sad they are rehashing the same gift.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Should I make a ticket about the duplicate item, or does anyone know who is in charge of the birthday items so I can ask them?

Saxy Coder

Lazuli Kitten
Should I make a ticket about the duplicate item, or does anyone know who is in charge of the birthday items so I can ask them?
You could try posting in the Verge support forum or PM-ing one of the Vice Captains or Crew members there.
It's just an extra crown though for celebrating another birthday -- you don't need to request for it to be removed ^^;

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Lady Saxophone
Lazuli Kitten
You could try posting in the Verge support forum or PM-ing one of the Vice Captains or Crew members there.
It's just an extra crown though for celebrating another birthday -- you don't need to request for it to be removed ^^;

Thank you.
I don't want it removed, I would sell it if that were the case.
Am I the only one who's sees something inherently wrong in receiving a 2013 item for a 2014 birthday?
I want to know if receiving a 2013 is a mistake, and whether or not the 2014 birthdays should be receiving a 2014 item.

Saxy Coder

Lazuli Kitten
Thank you.
Am I the only one who's sees something inherently wrong in receiving a 2013 item for a 2014 birthday?
I want to know if receiving a 2013 is a mistake, and whether or not the 2014 birthdays should be receiving a 2014 item.
Like Erynne said, everyone's just assuming that Gaia is re-releasing the crowns this year.
It kind of makes sense, since some people who had their birthdays in July but weren't members will now get their crown ... but at the same time, it does seem to be a bit redundant. xp

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Lady Saxophone
Lazuli Kitten
Thank you.
Like Erynne said, everyone's just assuming that Gaia is re-releasing the crowns this year.
It kind of makes sense, since some people who had their birthdays in July but weren't members will now get their crown ... but at the same time, it does seem to be a bit redundant. xp

I'm not seeing the sense of thinking someone who wasn't a member in July of 2013 is owed a 2013 Birthday Crown.
If they weren't a member then why would they expect to receive that crown?
They, and everyone else, should be receiving a 2014 item.
Should I be expecting to receive items I wasn't here for?
Is Club Verge still salient and not abandoned? I won't be surprised if the scripts are the only things running at this point. I think it's best to contact one of the staff who belongs to the CV crew regarding their plans.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
UNSUB
Is Club Verge still salient and not abandoned? I won't be surprised if the scripts are the only things running at this point. I think it's best to contact one of the staff who belongs to the CV crew regarding their plans.

Thank you, I'll try that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces