Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Raider

Someone dresses up in gold shop items and claim to be new, begging for items then once you say no they're worth more than you and obviously not that new? confused

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Rimyu
Someone dresses up in gold shop items and claim to be new, begging for items then once you say no they're worth more than you and obviously not that new? confused
I believe it can be considered a form of scamming
If a contest is up and you need x requirements and you fake them, it's scamming
It might be a gray area so I suggest PMing a mod c:

Newbie Raider

Angels Alibi
Rimyu
I believe it can be considered a form of scamming
If a contest is up and you need x requirements and you fake them, it's scamming
It might be a gray area so I suggest PMing a mod c:

Okay, thank you! n .n

Kindly Gaian

Although it is a rather low behaviour, it is technically not scamming.

A scam refers to a deal between two people, and one of the people does not uphold their end of said deal, scamming the other.
        A donation is a one-sided deal, so the is no 'other end of the deal' to be scammed out of.

Donating is a voluntary act, and you have no obligation to give a person anything, even if they specifically ask.
        It is always good to be at least a little bit skeptical, and not donate unless/until you feel certain that said person deserves your donation.

The contest analogy from Rimyu doesn't exactly hold up, again since there is no actual deal or agreement between two parties. It's only one-sided.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff