Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well My Account TheREAL B-tch Got Hacked A Week Ago, So I Filed A Report Right Away. Today I Got A PM From User " MDC Maria Account scanner " And Here Was Her PM..

" [NPC] Gaia Staff
Attention User,
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we don’t normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. . If you were offline when you received this message, you have been given 45 minutes to reply to this message as of the time you logged in or this report will not beable to pass the maintenance.

ATTENTION!
We are very careful and want to make sure you are safe, this is the reason this message pops up. BUT, your case is very rare, and in these cases we have no choice but for you to fill the form, It is very important you understand this.

We understand that it does not let you give out your personal information. (password etc.) So we have to ask you to put a score ( - ) between every letter. Thank your obliging.

Example:
User name: G-a-i-a-o-n-l-i-n-e
Password: p-a-s-s-w-o-r-d-1-2-3

User name:

Password:

Email:

NOTICE!
After scanning your account, if all is good and the reports are proven wrong, you will receive 5,000g from us. We would really appreciate it if you could cooperate. We have had to ban a lot of people for not complying.
Thank You.

Yours sincerely,
-Gaia Administrator & Help & Support Team-"

I Am Confused Wether This Is True Or Not. Please Help?

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Gaia staff will never ask for your password. Report the PM.

Retro TV's Husbando

Garbage Animal

User Image

<< It asks for your password, so yeah. It's a scam
Report, delete, never fill things like that out
Oh God I Already Replied Giving Out My Password.....................

Retro TV's Husbando

Garbage Animal

User Image

<< Then change your password, then go to your outbox to see if it's not too late to delete that PM
Quickly, if you can.

Athella's Fangirl

Lunatic

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Change your password now. There are warning panels all over Gaia saying real staffs never ask for your password.

User Image

User Image
it is NEVER true. Change your password ASAP and play around. When I get those I send "pass: G-O-D-I-E
Star Obsession
Oh God I Already Replied Giving Out My Password.....................
CHANGE IT NOW.
Still report the PM though.
Thank You Guys.... I Changed It Lol... They Almost Took It Away ( Seeing Some Of My Things Unequipped.) But I Changed It Woo. sweatdrop How Did They Find Out I Was Hacked Though?
Simple, you gave them your password. the ONLY place you EVER need to enter your password is in the top right corner.
Sorry I Still Dont Understand. How Were They Able To Know I Got Hacked, For The Hacker To Send A PM To Me.
Star Obsession
Thank You Guys.... I Changed It Lol... They Almost Took It Away ( Seeing Some Of My Things Unequipped.) But I Changed It Woo. sweatdrop How Did They Find Out I Was Hacked Though?
User Image
User Image

The Password Phishing pm was not sent to you because they knew you're other account had been hacked. It's just a common scam pm that is sent to everyone.

I've received them before. If they see you in the forums, you're a target.

Just report, delete, ignore.

User Image
Dlen Isolde
Star Obsession
User Image
User Image

The Password Phishing pm was not sent to you because they knew you're other account had been hacked. It's just a common scam pm that is sent to everyone.

I've received them before. If they see you in the forums, you're a target.

Just report, delete, ignore.

User Image

Oooh I Get It. Thanks =]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out