Welcome to Gaia! ::

I must apologize for lack of title clarity, but I ran across a shop that has the things that show images of your avatar wearing exactly what it has on currently or other items. I was under the impression that these were against the rules for leeching bandwidth, excuse me if I'm worng. The only problem is that there appears to be a lack of mods online to report it to. The link to the shop is here though, so should anyone see a mod, I'd think it best to report it as I'm headed to bed. sweatdrop
WTF! They posted my avi in there!
Its called hot linking and must be reported asap. It uses up bandwith like you wouldn't believe.
Ok I have it on my list to report
sweatdrop I can't believe someone made a shop out of something that's illegal... and they didn't even make it themselves.

Silver, they didn't put your avi in it. They hotlinked a Gaia store preview URL. It will show the avatar in the picture of whoever views it. If I look, for instance, it shows me.

Dapper Inquisitor

[Silver_Gun]
WTF! They posted my avi in there!

No, they didn't. sweatdrop

This code is taken from Gaia's dressing room. It just takes whoever's looking at it's ava and puts stuff on it. It's a mildly amusing trick that does bad things to Gaia's bandwidth.

Could I ask the thread owner to please take down the link, just so more people don't wander in?

There are currently two purple mods online (can be found at the bottom of the forum index) - PM one and wait to see if they can take care of it.
siskataya
[Silver_Gun]
Hey I was just curious about something odd....

I was looking in a mini shop and they had samples of what they could make your avatar look like using the dressing rooms....and the samples were my avatar...I know it's possibly for people to have the same avatar, but I had tried on those exact same items at one time, I was just curious about what that is....

Here is the Thread Link

Oh]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4700614&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Oh that pesky thing! hehe, its script which shows your avi in the dressing room with different clothes on. I will tell them to remove it as its against Gaia rule

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff