Welcome to Gaia! ::

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
I wanted my other account to close and I was given a system response referring the FAQ section stating my account cannot be deleted, but can be closed. I replied "close my account" in more ways than one just as the FAQ stated, but again greeted with same system response. My last reply was on the 20th stating again to close my account. It's been 9 days and nothing has happened. I think I am now being ignored....

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
just change the username and password to gibberish and log out. basically closing an account just means it's made unacceptable anyway, nothing is changed or removed by the staff, it's just kind of like a voluntary permaban. so if you just change it so you can't log in by changing the password to a bunch of random stuff you'll never remember it pretty much does the same thing.

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
The problem is the email account associated with the other account is one I want to associate with this one and I can't unless I make a third email account just switch around. But I did get a reply a few hours after I opened a new ticket. I guess the original ticket was left in "reopened" status and was really being ignored. There is no way to actually contact anyone directly so...

I mean I could do what you suggested, but now it's the principle of the matter. My latest ticket I was sent another System response linking to that stupid FAQ of "How do I delete my account. The point of this is this part:

"Thanks for your message about the deletion (closure) of your Gaia account.
We cannot completely delete an account given how Gaia is coded and a minimum amount of information is kept on file for record-keeping (........)

If you simply want the account to be closed, we can do that - just reply and confirm that you have removed any information you no longer want on file, and are ready for your account to be closed. Please remember to change the e-mail if you wish to use it in the future (......)"

So I have replied back for a total of three times already to get account closed. The last time I just simply copied and pasted into the additional comments section exactly what they said just referring to "I" instead of "you". Now it's gotten to the point of "Seriously. You won't do what you promise or have posted to the public..."

If they cannot close an account, don't have it posted you can, and if people need support or need to contact help, don't make people make a new account just to contact support because this was how it all started, as every time I would try to open a ticket to get my account back, I would go to the log in page. Redundant, right?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
closing your account won't change the email associated with it. when an account is closed it basically gets frozen with all the information associated with it, including the email address, still there. if they close your account that email will basically be permanently associated only with that closed account and will remain so as long as Gaia is active. you'll then NEVER be able to have it associated with another Gaia account then.

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Necrolytesoul
The problem is the email account associated with the other account is one I want to associate with this one and I can't unless I make a third email account just switch around. But I did get a reply a few hours after I opened a new ticket. I guess the original ticket was left in "reopened" status and was really being ignored. There is no way to actually contact anyone directly so...

I mean I could do what you suggested, but now it's the principle of the matter. My latest ticket I was sent another System response linking to that stupid FAQ of "How do I delete my account. The point of this is this part:

"Thanks for your message about the deletion (closure) of your Gaia account.
We cannot completely delete an account given how Gaia is coded and a minimum amount of information is kept on file for record-keeping (........)

If you simply want the account to be closed, we can do that - just reply and confirm that you have removed any information you no longer want on file, and are ready for your account to be closed. Please remember to change the e-mail if you wish to use it in the future (......)"

So I have replied back for a total of three times already to get account closed. The last time I just simply copied and pasted into the additional comments section exactly what they said just referring to "I" instead of "you". Now it's gotten to the point of "Seriously. You won't do what you promise or have posted to the public..."

If they cannot close an account, don't have it posted you can, and if people need support or need to contact help, don't make people make a new account just to contact support because this was how it all started, as every time I would try to open a ticket to get my account back, I would go to the log in page. Redundant, right?
You can ask for them to switch the email accounts on your account and the extra one

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Well, this really sucks. I guess I might as well give up getting any resolution to the current problem and just see if they'll respond to getting my email switched. I think I already tried asking whomever if I can get my primary email associated with this account and I think the answer was the email was account-bound or something.

I've never had such a situation like this where support just ignored me or just gave me BS. Is this common here?

Thanks again the help.

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Quote:
You can ask for them to switch the email accounts on your account and the extra one

Just sent them a ticket and got a suggested solution (below) from someone named Kiri, who has been "helping" me this whole time:

Quote:
You'll only need a third email in order to do that; it's not possible to simply switch two emails without using a third.

...and that was it. Nothing else. Okay.... Why? I get a simple suggestion and if I wanted a more intelligent one and then some, I would come here and ask you awesome people who actually explain it to me and I learn things. I think the Help Center just provides Self Help...suggestions.

But yeah, so far I've learned:
01) That an account can be closed, but apparently not mine because they keep thinking I want it deleted instead and two ignored tickets later I give up all hope with no explanation other than a System Response of a copied text of the FAQ. Mind you, I requested account closure on the 20th (first ticket), second ticket on the 28th (Work in Progress). I am closing both tickets....

02) I cannot get my emails switched as it is "not possible", but I am suggested to make a third one and switch all of them like musical chairs.

So, with the lack of explanation from the response I got from the ticket, correct if I am wrong -----> I am to make a BS email address. Assign that to my secondary Gaia account which frees up my primary email address. Then assign my now free primary email address to my primary Gaia account, freeing my business email address previously associated with it. Assign my now free business gmail address with my secondary Gaia account, freeing my BS email address, thus allowing me to delete it.... ANyone CrazEd yeT??? eek

What I don't get is, if they don't want to close an account (being as how they already state they cannot delete it), why don't they remove it from the FAQ that your account is permanent and will no away. Ever. rofl

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Necrolytesoul
Quote:

Just sent them a ticket and got a suggested solution (below) from someone named Kiri, who has been "helping" me this whole time:

Quote:
You'll only need a third email in order to do that; it's not possible to simply switch two emails without using a third.

...and that was it. Nothing else. Okay.... Why? I get a simple suggestion and if I wanted a more intelligent one and then some, I would come here and ask you awesome people who actually explain it to me and I learn things. I think the Help Center just provides Self Help...suggestions.

But yeah, so far I've learned:
01) That an account can be closed, but apparently not mine because they keep thinking I want it deleted instead and two ignored tickets later I give up all hope with no explanation other than a System Response of a copied text of the FAQ. Mind you, I requested account closure on the 20th (first ticket), second ticket on the 28th (Work in Progress). I am closing both tickets....

02) I cannot get my emails switched as it is "not possible", but I am suggested to make a third one and switch all of them like musical chairs.

So, with the lack of explanation from the response I got from the ticket, correct if I am wrong -----& I am to make a BS email address. Assign that to my secondary Gaia account which frees up my primary email address. Then assign my now free primary email address to my primary Gaia account, freeing my business email address previously associated with it. Assign my now free business gmail address with my secondary Gaia account, freeing my BS email address, thus allowing me to delete it.... ANyone CrazEd yeT??? eek

What I don't get is, if they don't want to close an account (being as how they already state they cannot delete it), why don't they remove it from the FAQ that your account is permanent and will no away. Ever. rofl
I've seen before where someone stated they were able to ask Gaia to switch emails for them, no need for making a third. Maybe they've since changed it but that seems insane to have to swap around emails like that

Though, you CAN close an account (close like locking it, not deleting)
I'm unsure why it won't let you close it, but it is 100% possible

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Quote:
I've seen before where someone stated they were able to ask Gaia to switch emails for them, no need for making a third. Maybe they've since changed it but that seems insane to have to swap around emails like that

Though, you CAN close an account (close like locking it, not deleting)
I'm unsure why it won't let you close it, but it is 100% possible

Yeah, this is what I am being put through by them. No one will do anything. I am surprised that -after all this crap-they even helped me get my account back online after I forgot all my log in information, but then again I had to make a new account to do it. I am surprised I wasn't just given a suggestion to make a new account period.

I went ahead and just changed my secondary Gaia account's email address to my fiance's extra email address, leaving my primary email address free. I then went ahead and made that my main Gaia email address. That is done now. Mission accomplished! YAY

Next mission: To switch my fiance's email out with my secondary email address I have for business to my secondary Gaia account. Here is what I got when I tried;
Quote:
This email address is already registered. Please try another email address.

OMG seriously. I just did it immediately with my primary email address that was already registered with my secondary Gaia account and linked it to my Primary. Now WTF. lol

I feel like I am being screwed with by them. Fiance is not happy that he has a Gaia account linked to his email now and I cannot change it to mine for some stupid reason....

UPDATE: Just went on secondary account and submitted an address change ticket....Cross your fingers....

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
All email address are now assigned to their proper accounts. Now I am just with an extra account I'll never use...
Could anyone imagine I have been trying to get this fixed since Oct. 20th? I got no help from the help center at all about switching emails or even closing my other account. The only help was helping me log into my other account because I forgot my information, but all they did was assign that account my primary email address so I can recieve the "forgot password" email to change my email.
I went ahead and just changed my secondary Gaia account's email address to my fiance's extra email address, leaving my primary email address free. I then went ahead and made that my main Gaia email address. That is done now. Mission accomplished! YAY

Next mission: To switch my fiance's email out with my secondary email address I have for business to my secondary Gaia account. Here is what I got when I tried;Buy Fifa 15 coins

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff