Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I cleared my browser history/cache/cookies and all that jazz, and now it would seem I have an "incorrect password" any time I try to log into my main account.
Actually, it seems like every time I log out of my main account, whether by my choosing or from clearing, I get this problem.
It's getting rather frustrating.

I looked up my account, it says it's logged off and all my items seem to still be on my avatar, so I'm gonna assume I wasn't hacked.
And last time it happened, it ended up EVENTUALLY letting me back on like an hour later.

Anyway, any known fixes? I've tried logging in on Firefox as well as Chrome. No luck on either.
Should I turn off the autofill password and username stuff?

Also, the email it's linked to, I no longer have access to due to change of internet providers, so I can't do forgot password.
I know, I know. I need to update that.

I should probably also mention that it is ONLY my main account I get this problem with.User Image

Shameless Ladykiller

12,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Well, it finally let me back on. As I said, I wasn't hacked.
I'd still like to know why this keeps happening and what there is that I can do about it.
You know, besides never log off or clear.User Image

Questing: User Image

O.G. Gaian

[A N G R Y] gumball

Aha... it's all in the name, believe it or not. I see you've been around six years; maybe a year or two after you joined, the system was changed slightly. See, users with non-alphanumeric characters in their handles were having problems using some of the features, like chatting in flash areas (Towns, for example) and, in some cases, even with logging in. The developers figured out that it had to do with the unusual characters causing some kind of parsing error, I think. Anyway, new users and users changing their handles actually can't use characters such as brackets and things anymore, and users who do still have them might run into snags now and then. For logging in, though, you don't have to use the user name -- you can log in with your user number (3532264 -- the number string at the end of your profile URL) or your email address instead. wink

Shameless Ladykiller

12,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

faolan
Ah. I knew they got rid of being able to make names with special characters like brackets and what not, but I didn't know it was causing problems.
I know a bit ago they had the whole deal where people couldn't quote me without it messing up, because of said brackets. lol

Well, thanks. I figured it had something to do with my name (since it's my only account with special characters) and I forgot all about logging in using my userID. lol
Haven't been really active in a long while.
I'll have to remember that for next time.User Image

Questing: User Image

O.G. Gaian

[A N G R Y] gumball
Ah. I knew they got rid of being able to make names with special characters like brackets and what not, but I didn't know it was causing problems.
I know a bit ago they had the whole deal where people couldn't quote me without it messing up, because of said brackets. lol

Yup -- they were able to fix the quoting thing, of course, but if others still have trouble PMing you from time to time, they can send them to your number, instead. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff