Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well my account, II squabs -- M C G E E, was banned today.

And I believe it considering I still can't log in and the email's sitting in the inbox.
Honestly I'm just trying to figure out why or has anyone else had this happen lately.

I regularly have a hard time logging in (my username isn't exactly easy and my password bank has it entered wrong) and once in a blue moon I'll reset my password when it's seven tries in and I still haven't entered it right.

It makes sense to me that it would look like a hacker trying to get into my account just guessing passwords then reseting it to something they would use, but it's a bit odd to me.

Any ideas or experiences with a similar situation?

ps. yes I have indeed submitted a hacking report.
The e-mail that you received should tell you why you're banned. You can also contact a moderator via PM for more clarification on it.

I'm not sure if what you described would result in a ban, to be honest. It's a common statement that mods don't have the time or resources to monitor things like trades for suspicious activity, so I don't know that there'd be monitoring of login attempts for that, or an auto-ban process related to failing your attempted login a certain number of times/resetting the password a certain number of times. And, as far as I know, being banned due to the actions of a hacker is more of a preventative measure you can put on yourself--Account A gets hacked, so when you file a report with Account B you ask for Account A to be banned so that hacker can't continue damage.

Anyways, yeah, PM a mod for more information on the exact reason for the ban, if the e-mail is unclear.
Nocturnal Melodies__ix
And, as far as I know, being banned due to the actions of a hacker is more of a preventative measure you can put on yourself

Hackers can do things on the account to get it hacked (inappropriate posting, for example)
Honestly I've just done what the email told me to and that was file a hacking report to see if they can un-ban the original account.

They didn't say anything about the cause for suspicion, hence my personal assumption.

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Squabbel
Honestly I've just done what the email told me to and that was file a hacking report to see if they can un-ban the original account.

They didn't say anything about the cause for suspicion, hence my personal assumption.
Hacking doesn't equal a ban
If you were hacked they likely locked the account when they thought someone was doing something wrong on it (ie; hacking it)

If you were banned you would probably know
What does it say when you try to log in to the account?

Self-sustaining Simp

Your account was banned because there was reason to believe it was hacked, forgetting your password now and again would not cause that. It hasn't been banned as a punishment, it was done to protect your account and will be lifted when Gaia's hacking team return the account to you, so try not to worry about the ban part of things.

I understand it's frustrating, but as long as you've filed the hacking report, you're on the way to getting it back. There isn't anything else you can do for the moment except to be patient and keep logging into the account you filed the hacking report from as that's where you'll be contacted with any updates/requests for information. Hacking reports can take a while to be resolved as they're handled in order and are all investigated fully, so don't be concerned if it's a while before you get a response.
Well honestly I'm not upset. So everyone's kinda not answering my question.

As for the questions about me trying to log in. I can't period because the password could have been changed and thus I get no "this account is banned" message

Like I said I received an email from gaia telling me my account was banned.
Squabbel

As for the questions about me trying to log in. I can't period because the password could have been changed and thus I get no "this account is banned" message

What exactly did the email say?

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Squabbel

You're still crossing wires
If you got a PM about your account being BANNED then you need to file a ticket to lift the ban for whatever it's saying you did if you're innocent
If your account was hacked you'd need to file a report

Hacked does not equal ban.
----------------------------------------
Gaia Online

You have a message from the Gaia Online administrator:

Your account ll squabs -- M C G E E is permanently banned because of the following reason:

Hello!

We wanted to contact you today about your Gaia Online account.

Unfortunately, it appears that your account may have been compromised. In order to prevent your account from being used in a malicious manner, and to protect your reputation on Gaia, we needed to temporarily block your account to ensure that any third-parties that might have had access to the account are completely out. We know this has to be frustrating for you, and are sorry for any inconvenience this situation causes you, but hope you understand why this block is necessary.

Not to worry though, we can easily get this issue sorted out for you! You'll need to file a hacking report to have the matter investigated and have your account recovered. You can file a hacking report by going to: http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking You are free to use a secondary (aka mule) account to file the report on behalf of your hacked account.

Please know that we handle hacking reports in the order in which they are received.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and hope to receive your hacking report soon so we can continue to assist you.

If you have any questions please use this form to contact Gaia:
https://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5694&task=knowledge&questionID=380

And Yes I have filed my report
Squabbel
Gaia Online

You have a message from the Gaia Online administrator:

Your account ll squabs -- M C G E E is permanently banned because of the following reason:

Hello!

We wanted to contact you today about your Gaia Online account.

Unfortunately, it appears that your account may have been compromised. In order to prevent your account from being used in a malicious manner, and to protect your reputation on Gaia, we needed to temporarily block your account to ensure that any third-parties that might have had access to the account are completely out. We know this has to be frustrating for you, and are sorry for any inconvenience this situation causes you, but hope you understand why this block is necessary.

Not to worry though, we can easily get this issue sorted out for you! You'll need to file a hacking report to have the matter investigated and have your account recovered. You can file a hacking report by going to: http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking You are free to use a secondary (aka mule) account to file the report on behalf of your hacked account.

Please know that we handle hacking reports in the order in which they are received.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and hope to receive your hacking report soon so we can continue to assist you.

If you have any questions please use this form to contact Gaia:
https://www.gaiaonlinehelp.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5694&task=knowledge&questionID=380

And Yes I have filed my report
Thanks. Looks pretty clear. Since you've sent a report, then all that's left is to wait for the mods to get to it in the queue and address it.

Self-sustaining Simp

Angels Alibi
Squabbel

You're still crossing wires
If you got a PM about your account being BANNED then you need to file a ticket to lift the ban for whatever it's saying you did if you're innocent
If your account was hacked you'd need to file a report

Hacked does not equal ban.

As I stated above, hacked accounts are sometimes banned. This person is not crossing wires at all, they received an email telling them their account was banned for their own security and were instructed to file a hacking report about it.

---

Squabbel: Again, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do except wait. As long as you've filed the report, you've done all you can for the time being. If you have questions that you feel went unanswered, please feel free to reply with those, but I don't see anything you asked originally that I've missed in my first reply to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff