Welcome to Gaia! ::

You just did the gateway and now this? I'm sorry but people can't just keep freely giving their gold away and donating to these events all the time! It's hard enough to earn enough told just to complete our wishlists let alone keep donating trillions of gold to event after event! Give it a rest gaia! You have to give the community members breaks in between events. Some of us still have items we want very badly and it's hard enough to earn enough gold for even one item in the marketplace. How are we suppose to afford it if we keep throwing our gold to these events? Should we start doing nothing but begging in the gaia exchange? Yeah yeah I know. We don't have to partake in these events but I still think it's pretty rediculous that you don't give people a break in between. I feel sorry for those who keep donating to them because that's where I bet over half of your gold goes on those and less on items you want...

Perfect Saint

I've been posting in other threads about kickstarters. The users will need to stop supporting the kickstarters if they want Gaia to stop or, at least, take it easy with them. I think this might not even be for the official Halloween event so I'll be expecting another one once this one finishes.

Like all other kickstarters, I just ignore them. This one doesn't even have worthwhile grants and achievements are not really an incentive for me. Pass. Pass. Pass.
Myrielle
I've been posting in other threads about kickstarters. The users will need to stop supporting the kickstarters if they want Gaia to stop or, at least, take it easy with them. I think this might not even be for the official Halloween event so I'll be expecting another one once this one finishes.

Like all other kickstarters, I just ignore them. This one doesn't even have worthwhile grants and achievements are not really an incentive for me. Pass. Pass. Pass.

I couldn't agree more! 3nodding
The update just indicated that nearly 300 trillion gold was sunk with the last two kickstarters and yet the inflation remains a bottomless well. Are we wasting our time or do those things really help in the long run? Maybe if they didn't release gold generators at the same time, we'd see better effects, but noooo.

Generous Hunter

8,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
Not sure how long some of you have been around (ignore this avi's age it's not my first haha)

Gaia has always had an issue with Inflation. It occurs every couple year and right now we are in a pretty serious one. Gaia has always organized events to help sink gold back into the game to balance out the marketplace again and bring peace back to gaia. These kickstarters are just their way of sinking gold and rewarding us for doing it still....though I will be honest they ******** up every time they put old achievements into one so you can "Catch up"

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
UNSUB
The update just indicated that nearly 300 trillion gold was sunk with the last two kickstarters and yet the inflation remains a bottomless well. Are we wasting our time or do those things really help in the long run? Maybe if they didn't release gold generators at the same time, we'd see better effects, but noooo.

All gold sinks are doing these days is keeping inflation in equilibrium. Without them, the inflation isn't necessarily getting worth, but inflation isn't necessarily getting much better either. $5 items can still go for upwards of 60 billion gold.

I think Gaia started to crap themselves in June when they realized that if they didn't stop the marketplace from inflating somehow, then eventually they'd keep having to increase their gold generator grants to the point where nobody would buy them. No gold generator in the last two months has surpassed 1T is evidence of how Gaia stopping further inflation with these gold sinks allows them to not bloat gold generators.

Anyways, I've never liked the principles of these gold sinks. Users believe the gold sinks will cause deflation and dump their gold. Their buying power remains the same since they have less gold to buy with and prices go down proportionally for only a short period of time. But then gold generator buyers can swoop in and relish in the reduced prices which consequentially cause prices to go up. Therefore we have gold generator buyers getting the most benefit from gold sinks, and gold sink donators throwing away their gold to make gold generators more profitable to gold generator buyers. Meanwhile Gaia is sitting on a stack of cash and there's a whole mob of angry users who want to see deflation. *le sigh*

Dainty Demigod

17,865 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Meh, another gold sink. confused confused confused
Sure, I like those Achievements, but the max amount of gold I donate per event is 2-5 b...

Adventuring Cat

UNSUB

I'm thinking they hope the gold from the generators just gets poured back into the kickstarter. But I am doubtful that it will work well. I don't have enough pure to do this kickstarter anyway. sweatdrop
Tiana Luscinia
UNSUB

I'm thinking they hope the gold from the generators just gets poured back into the kickstarter. But I am doubtful that it will work well. I don't have enough pure to do this kickstarter anyway. sweatdrop

And I don't want to waste any. The previous ones were clearly not worth it to me.
Looks like it's something like that equilibrium Zandykins mentioned. I hope nothing happens that shifts it towards a gain.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Sadly there are people who will just go and buy a gold gen to replace the gold that they've lost in the gold sinks (kickstaters).

This is not only their way of trying to get more people to buy gold gens but it also makes it look like they're trying to fix the inflation problem they've caused with the gold gens.

And don't for get the rule that "all new features must pay for themselves or they won't be made." This is Gaia's way of making users pay for things.

Loyal Exhibitionist

I'm just stunned at the 750 billion personal tier.

NO ONE in their right mind would want to pour 750 billion gold towards something that they only have a CHANCE of obtaining.

I... what? Really, Gaia?

O.G. Knight

5,550 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
They never aim to cure the inflation at all, open kictstarters for gold sink meanwhile keep releasing the GG, as they oni want you to buy more to dump the gold inside meaningless dumpers as i think donating to newbies seem better. confused Is that they are so uncreative or being lazy these day, i dun ever like the idea of kicstarters, it very really bad to ask u customer to pay free gold for free event mad

Firebreathing Kitten

I've donated as much as I could in the last couple of kickstarters but this has no incentive for me to go past the first tier whatsoever. It hardly feels like it's doing anything anymore. We're just stuck at this point, or it gets worse and gets stuck there. It's kind of hopeless. emotion_eyebrow

I don't I'll be donating to this one.Dump 250M for the achievement I already have? No thanks.

Swashbuckling Sentai

eh, there wasn't any less time between this one and the last one then there has been since the first kickstarter. Actually I was surprised by the time between this time.

I just ignore them now and never do anything beyond the first tier

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Another Kickstarter ... another Gold Gen (up to ONE TRILLION).

Sure ... why not?? /sarcasm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces