Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gaia, let me explain something to you.

I'm going to explain this clearly, and in short, bullet point style detail so that you won't lose concentration and try and get through to you.

I will never, EVER, again buy GC from you and here are some reasons why:

*It does not matter how many flash sales you throw in my face. I will not buy GC. It doesn't matter if you spam me with one every hour of the day, throw one in my inbox. Intersperse them between forum posts. Pop them up when I browse your site. I will not spend a god damn penny on this site for the simple reason that I don't like the way this site does business. I find it's pushy sales tactics for what is basically virtual pixels shady as hell and insulting.

*It's just not worth the money. At the end of the day, these items are virtual, and intangible. Yes, that item looks hells cute, yes, its adorbs. Yes, its versatile. But it is VIRTUAL. It's not real, tomorrow I could log on and find that this site could be gone, and then where is my $49 item? Gone.

*Quantity=/= Quality. You're pumping out items that look exactly like every other item only a shade lighter or darker or with a different name, or a slightly different style. Back in the day, when we had EI (evolving items for the newer folks) you'd put say, three a month out, and they'd evolve until they ended and then bam, they'd leave the cash shop for good and new items would come out. Now, you can't move for new items that are dull and lifeless. It's not appealing.

*You just don't care about your consumers. I work in a shop as a cashier. I have years of experience of retail. Offers get your customers interested. Good customer service KEEPS them loyal. We don't know who you are any more. All of the faces we are accustomed to seeing have left, and we're left with the faceless admin account and those god awful NPC's you keep forcing on us. We don't even have our NPC updates anymore!

*You think we're idiots. You keep releasing these Gold Generators, even though we told you we wanted them gone for good, and then have the audacity to think we'll fall for your monthly gold sinks with 'kickstarters'. It's appalling that you think so little of us that you expect us to part with real money to buy fake money to pour into a fake event to get cheap, tacky little trinkets. WE DON'T EVEN GET TO EARN OUR ACHIEVEMENTS ANYMORE.

*We can't trust you. You just don't keep your promises anymore and once a business (and lets face it, that is what Gaia is now) reneges on promises like that, it can't be trusted. You consistently break promises to limit sales of a certain item therefore cutting its value for those who bought it in good faith

I could go on, but I have decided not to pour my money, or even my soul into this place anymore.
I'm worried. For users like yourself that have stated their terms and conditions regarding GC innumerable times that they are now written in stone, would Gaia even bother listening even more? It's like threatening them with something impotent. I think they'd got the point some time ago and now just take any further ramblings as just that, ramblings. They have already lost you as a customer and need no more effort to win you over. They'll just take the loss and move on.

I appreciate your steadfast and single-minded efforts to get the message across because it tells me that you still truly care about the site despite what you have said, but it may be a hand that's been overplayed. sweatdrop

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
UNSUB
I'm worried. For users like yourself that have stated their terms and conditions regarding GC innumerable times that they are now written in stone, would Gaia even bother listening even more? It's like threatening them with something impotent. I think they'd got the point some time ago and now just take any further ramblings as just that, ramblings. They have already lost you as a customer and need no more effort to win you over. They'll just take the loss and move on.

I appreciate your steadfast and single-minded efforts to get the message across because it tells me that you still truly care about the site despite what you have said, but it may be a hand that's been overplayed. sweatdrop

Me? I just want a seat to watch the place burn now. I've been here too long to leave. I just want the end to come.
Black-Widow-Romanoff
UNSUB

Me? I just want a seat to watch the place burn now. I've been here too long to leave. I just want the end to come.
Oh. So what are you doing? Throwing more kindling and sticks into the flame? I'm afraid there is a term for that. sweatdrop

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
UNSUB
Black-Widow-Romanoff
UNSUB

Oh. So what are you doing? Throwing more kindling and sticks into the flame? I'm afraid there is a term for that. sweatdrop

Trying in vain to outline the problems in case someone up top gets off their hills of cash and comes to their senses.

I do it around once a month...you know, try and revive old Gaia...

Springtime Werewolf

honestly, there isn't much to do now but watch gaia go on as it is. really, SF is mostly just an unopened complaints box at this point. yes, many of the users here care deeply about the site, but i don't think gaia takes much interest in anything that isn't relating to new items to sell. confused

Prophet

I think the third is my biggest issue.
They have the resources to do a much better job with their items.

Experiment with different themes, colors, and art styles. Please.

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Black-Widow-Romanoff
User Image
User Image
                                  Accurate.

Juniper Mead's Husband

Gaia doesn't care.

They will always have enough money to get by without you.

Always.

I really don't see the point of people declaring their pure and righteous abstinence a year into the dilemma.

It doesn't make a difference, and the economy won't go down any time soon, not for years.

Just facts.

Demonic Prophet

19,665 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Can I get an amen!

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Black-Widow-Romanoff
UNSUB
Black-Widow-Romanoff
UNSUB

Trying in vain to outline the problems in case someone up top gets off their hills of cash and comes to their senses.

I do it around once a month...you know, try and revive old Gaia...

omg if you look at the middle of your gown and the bottom it literally looks like a clown smiling D:

i agree with you though!

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Beautifully written post emotion_bigheart . I agree full-heartedly, especially with your first point. I don't like how the Gaia as a business is running. They're using short-term sales tactics that focus around earning as much money as they can with the least amount of effort. They're sacrificing benefitting the community for their bottom dollar business satisfaction... time and time again.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Gaia has made it clear that as long as there are people who are willing to buy gold gens, then Gaia will keep releasing them. And sadly there are people who keep buying them.

I've once again stopped looking at the announcements. I just like it sit at 10. I already know that they're most likely all about the Cash Shop in one way or another and I'm not willing to waste money on a site that won't be around in 2 years.

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Corps Cadere
Gaia doesn't care.

They will always have enough money to get by without you.

Always.

I really don't see the point of people declaring their pure and righteous abstinence a year into the dilemma.

It doesn't make a difference, and the economy won't go down any time soon, not for years.

Just facts.

A year into it?

I've been arguing against this from the start of the Gold Generator crisis. EVERY month I protest here, and every month I hear people telling me to sit down, be quiet, deal with it.

WHY SHOULD I?

I'm a consumer, or i was a gaian, had been since 2005 and happily donated, to see this place fall to s**t is painful to me.
MY FRIENDS HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF ******** GREED.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff