16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk

Okay. Let's go about this in another way. Would you say a topic about the z!F that isn't about zOMG! be considered invalid?

And I'm not even gonna dignify the museum analogy with a response. You should leave the analogies to me. emotion_facepalm

But you guys didn't even do a topic about z!F! that's the whole point! You saying you love someone then start bitching about them leaving and then coming back, is not a thing about z!f. You not talking about z!f but about your PERSONAL feelings about a person that you ONLY MET in zOMG! or z!f has nothing more to do with z!f than the whole museum point.

And I love to see how you don't like analogies when they don't fit you.

The z!f isn't the forum. It's the people. So any topic with regards to the people is perfectly valid. 3nodding

You're comparing irl with an online website. great job. emotion_yatta

Nope. Z!f CONTAINS of the people. It's NOT the people. People come and go, z!f stays. So having someone come to z!f and leave and other crying about them, and saying they love them without saying "I will miss her runs ' for example, IS a spam topic here. That's exactly why Gaia created Chatterbox. If we didn't have THAT? Yeah, MAYBE it would belong here.

Without the people there would be no forum.

Also, this is the reason why that Gaia needs to update and set stricter mod views in here. Anything that seems like spam, could be perfectly fine. I'm sure that someone has reported this topic, I'm patiently waiting for a message saying it's been moved, but nothing so far.

All in all, gaia doesn't care what goes on in here. They don't care what goes on in zomg, that's why they milked it for all it's worth and trashed it like an old hooker on the side of the corner. The people are keeping the community of zomg alive, lets say, all of us wanted to quit? So everyone who used the zforum quit, guess what? Gaia will take down the zforum, and eventually zomg.

Rainbow Nerd

Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk

Okay. Let's go about this in another way. Would you say a topic about the z!F that isn't about zOMG! be considered invalid?

And I'm not even gonna dignify the museum analogy with a response. You should leave the analogies to me. emotion_facepalm

But you guys didn't even do a topic about z!F! that's the whole point! You saying you love someone then start bitching about them leaving and then coming back, is not a thing about z!f. You not talking about z!f but about your PERSONAL feelings about a person that you ONLY MET in zOMG! or z!f has nothing more to do with z!f than the whole museum point.

The z!f isn't the forum. It's the people. So any topic with regards to the people is perfectly valid. 3nodding

Nope. Z!f CONTAINS of the people. It's NOT the people. People come and go, z!f stays. So having someone come to z!f and leave and other crying about them, and saying they love them without saying "I will miss her runs ' for example, IS a spam topic here. That's exactly why Gaia created Chatterbox. If we didn't have THAT? Yeah, MAYBE it would belong here.

Also, this is the reason why that Gaia needs to update and set stricter mod views in here. Anything that seems like spam, could be perfectly fine. I'm sure that someone has reported this topic, I'm patiently waiting for a message saying it's been moved, but nothing so far.

All in all, gaia doesn't care what goes on in here. They don't care what goes on in zomg, that's why they milked it for all it's worth and trashed it like an old hooker on the side of the corner. The people are keeping the community of zomg alive, lets say, all of us wanted to quit? So everyone who used the zforum quit, guess what? Gaia will take down the zforum, and eventually zomg.

No, they shouldn't change the strict view, or the rules. That's what brings order to this place.

Unfortunately, z!f doesn't have a mod, the threads take VERY long time to get removed, sometimes months, but that doesn't matter all of this should be fine, because WE are from z!f and WE decided that what if I post what I had for breakfast in z!f would be okay because I'm from z!f.

You're doing exactly the same thing, with this. And any other thread.

Unforgiving Aggressor

5,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 1 Win 50
people still have hope for this game?

well, s**t.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk

No, they shouldn't change the strict view, or the rules. That's what brings order to this place.

Unfortunately, z!f doesn't have a mod, the threads take VERY long time to get removed, sometimes months, but that doesn't matter all of this should be fine, because WE are from z!f and WE decided that what if I post what I had for breakfast in z!f would be okay because I'm from z!f.

What I'm saying is that if you want to post about a player from the zforum and in game, you should. We are zOMG. zOMG is so fragile at this point, do you really think "spam" as you call, is gonna make this forum go in the dump? Really?

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jakyr The Fang

well, s**t.

I don't have hope for the game, but the Community is still strong unless people keep trying to kick the community down. No Community, no game. Simple as that.

Unforgiving Aggressor

5,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 1 Win 50
Miyaka Hana
Jakyr The Fang

well, s**t.

I don't have hope for the game, but the Community is still strong unless people keep trying to kick the community down. No Community, no game. Simple as that.

well, if you want to keep the community alive, here's a tip: every day that Common Sense thread is kept off of the first page, the z!F gets closer to becoming another Chatterbox forum.

Rainbow Nerd

Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk

What I'm saying is that if you want to post about a player from the zforum and in game, you should. We are zOMG. zOMG is so fragile at this point, do you really think "spam" as you call, is gonna make this forum go in the dump? Really?

I believe there's a huge difference between 'posting about z!f player' and what people are doing these days. See, we post about zOMG! players daily, whether it's runs, or congrats to BL, or helping with little things like how to get out of null.

On the other hand, posting about your personal feelings regarding a person, without you mentioning that they had anything to do with zOMG! on more than twenty pages? Yes, that's spam.

zOMG! isn't fragile RIGHT NOW. We all know zOMG! is fragile for some time and not having topics like that, didn't kill it. On the other hand having topics like that won't SAVE it and I would go as far as to say that perhaps, this reads discourage new players from posting.

Why? You're closing the z!f community from them. They do feel excluded, and I'm building that on few conversations I had.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Silk Kanishk

I believe there's a huge difference between 'posting about z!f player' and what people are doing these days. See, we post about zOMG! players daily, whether it's runs, or congrats to BL, or helping with little things like how to get out of null.

On the other hand, posting about your personal feelings regarding a person, without you mentioning that they had anything to do with zOMG! on more than twenty pages? Yes, that's spam.

zOMG! isn't fragile RIGHT NOW. We all know zOMG! is fragile for some time and not having topics like that, didn't kill it. On the other hand having topics like that won't SAVE it and I would go as far as to say that perhaps, this reads discourage new players from posting.

Why? You're closing the z!f community from them. They do feel excluded, and I'm building that on few conversations I had.

You're in Denial, zOMG has been fragile for a very long time now, everyone except the newer players knows it. How long have we been in indefinite maintenance mode? six months? Yeah, I don't think zomg is fragile at all. (sarcasm).

How would expressing our love to fellow long term players discourage new players? Secondly, I have never excluded anyone intentionally if at all. I've been excluded so I know how that feels and I"m not a hypocritical b***h like that. I apologize for my language, I'm going through a bit of an emotional moment.

Secondly, there have been many times where threads about like runs, or completed BL or whatever, have been hated on, with dislikes or actual posts. Do those threads belong in the zForum because one person doesn't like it? We're all different people in this community, so we all have our own opinions on what is and is not acceptable.

I've agreed before that no relevance to zomg (whether it be you just did kam or you were gonna start a crew or w/e) are borderline spam, however, the people posting are talking about community members of zOMG, and I think that Gaia should have a subforum for those types of threads. Like earlier noted, no one at the Chatterbox really gives a crap about zOMG.

Rainbow Nerd

Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana
Gemenice
Miyaka Hana

You're in Denial, zOMG has been fragile for a very long time now, everyone except the newer players knows it. How long have we been in indefinite maintenance mode? six months? Yeah, I don't think zomg is fragile at all. (sarcasm).

How would expressing our love to fellow long term players discourage new players? Secondly, I have never excluded anyone intentionally if at all. I've been excluded so I know how that feels and I"m not a hypocritical b***h like that. I apologize for my language, I'm going through a bit of an emotional moment.

Secondly, there have been many times where threads about like runs, or completed BL or whatever, have been hated on, with dislikes or actual posts. Do those threads belong in the zForum because one person doesn't like it? We're all different people in this community, so we all have our own opinions on what is and is not acceptable.

I've agreed before that no relevance to zomg (whether it be you just did kam or you were gonna start a crew or w/e) are borderline spam, however, the people posting are talking about community members of zOMG, and I think that Gaia should have a subforum for those types of threads. Like earlier noted, no one at the Chatterbox really gives a crap about zOMG.

Did you even READ my post? Because I'm getting tired of correcting you guys because you missed something the person wrote. Okay... let me sum it up for you.

Your quote:

Quote:
zOMG is so fragile at this point,

MY quote:

Quote:
zOMG! isn't fragile RIGHT NOW. We all know zOMG! is fragile for some time

your quote again:

Quote:
You're in Denial, zOMG has been fragile for a very long time now, everyone except the newer players knows it.

next time, please read. I'm really growing tired of people trying to correct me when they read wrong.

Quote:
How would expressing our love to fellow long term players discourage new players?

I didn't know bitching about someone leaving is expressing their love. I didn't know trying to make the person stay by posting, especially since the PERSON DIDN'T READ FORUM ANYMORE, was expressing your love. Not it's not. It's attention seeking, it's being selfish, and it has NOTHING to do with respecting the person or their achievements in zOMG! or z!f.

Quote:
Secondly, I have never excluded anyone intentionally if at all.

Intentionally, is the key word. There are some players that I met lately, and they asked some things. I said to come to the z!f and ask, and people will be more than happy to help them. Their answer was too much drama, and that there are some weird threads here lately. After longer talk, we figured out it was because people are CLOSING the forum UNINTENTIONALLY to new players like that.

Quote:
Secondly, there have been many times where threads about like runs, or completed BL or whatever, have been hated on, with dislikes or actual posts. Do those threads belong in the zForum because one person doesn't like it?

You can't stop trolls, or people who have different veiwpoint on how the game should be played but those belong, because they are about zOMG!

Quote:
ve agreed before that no relevance to zomg (whether it be you just did kam or you were gonna start a crew or w/e) are borderline spam,

Wait, I don't want to say something stupid, so I'm gonna ask.. are you saying that people posting about how they did Kam or people posting about making a crew is borderline of spam?!

Quote:
however, the people posting are talking about community members of zOMG, and I think that Gaia should have a subforum for those types of threads.

If you mean posting about people like it was done recently, they have forum for that. let me help you.

zOMG! forum - News and discussions about Gaia's new MMO RPG GAME!

Chatterbox - Post whatever nonsense you wish here!

Quote:
ike earlier noted, no one at the Chatterbox really gives a crap about zOMG

But what the threads were posting about lately is not about zOMG! and I can tell you, bunch of people don't give crap about it either, and those are people from zOMG! either ones posting daily or ones that are lurking or new ones.

The threads made recently - I'm not going to specify, which regarded nothing else but playing Sherlock, and then bitching about how someone could decide to leave not only z!f but Gaia is not a z!f only matter. He/She is not only leaving a game (and once again, I'm going to mention that on 20 pages it was failed to mention what would you guys miss so much about her/him related to zOMG!) She/he is also leaving GAIA community. Chatterbox is a nice place for threads like that.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'll retract some of my statements that I made while under an emotional influence where it caused me not to think as clearly as I normally would.

Gemenice

Did you even READ my post? Because I'm getting tired of correcting you guys because you missed something the person wrote. Okay... let me sum it up for you.

Your quote:

Quote:

MY quote:

Quote:

So, it sounds like you're saying it's not fragile right now but it's been fragile for some time. That sounds like you're contradicting yourself, sorry. Im exhausted so I may not be reading things correctly.

Quote:
How would expressing our love to fellow long term players discourage new players?

I didn't know bitching about someone leaving is expressing their love. I didn't know trying to make the person stay by posting, especially since the PERSON DIDN'T READ FORUM ANYMORE, was expressing your love. Not it's not. It's attention seeking, it's being selfish, and it has NOTHING to do with respecting the person or their achievements in zOMG! or z!f.

The people bitching about someone leaving are people posting on the farewell threads. Who cares if the person leaving doesnt read the forum? People that that person knew do read the forum. If they do make a point as to what they did in zOMG and whatnot, would it be a problem or would you still consider it selfish for the person leaving who had absolutely no control over the matter?

Quote:

Intentionally, is the key word. There are some players that I met lately, and they asked some things. I said to come to the z!f and ask, and people will be more than happy to help them. Their answer was too much drama, and that there are some weird threads here lately. After longer talk, we figured out it was because people are CLOSING the forum UNINTENTIONALLY to new players like that.

I don't support drama. Enough said.

Quote:
ve agreed before that no relevance to zomg (whether it be you just did kam or you were gonna start a crew or w/e) are borderline spam,

Wait, I don't want to say something stupid, so I'm gonna ask.. are you saying that people posting about how they did Kam or people posting about making a crew is borderline of spam?!

Mistype, I was out of the loop when I typed that and meant to type that in another part of the sentence.

Quote:
however, the people posting are talking about community members of zOMG, and I think that Gaia should have a subforum for those types of threads.

If you mean posting about people like it was done recently, they have forum for that. let me help you.

Quote:

But what the threads were posting about lately is not about zOMG! and I can tell you, bunch of people don't give crap about it either, and those are people from zOMG! either ones posting daily or ones that are lurking or new ones.

The threads made recently - I'm not going to specify, which regarded nothing else but playing Sherlock, and then bitching about how someone could decide to leave not only z!f but Gaia is not a z!f only matter. He/She is not only leaving a game (and once again, I'm going to mention that on 20 pages it was failed to mention what would you guys miss so much about her/him related to zOMG!) She/he is also leaving GAIA community. Chatterbox is a nice place for threads like that.
The Chatterbox isn't going to know who the frick you are if you randomly quit Gaia. They'll hate on you even more than what the hate is in here, trust me, I was on the Chatterbox for a long time.All in all, this discussion has gotten a tad boring for me. o3o; You have your opinion and I have mine, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Friendly Friend

12,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Z!F is for people who want to know something about game. Topics are for people who come here to find help or useful information about game.

My boyfriend who is lvl...I don't know...9 and he came here to learn something and maybe join the community.

But he could not. Because this forum is full of topics about people he doesn't know instead of topics about game.

Well I don't know that one girl who left so there is a half of active topics which are completely irrelevant for me.

But topics about BL and what people DO IN zomg are...well...relevant to me because I can learn from them. But you guys talk about what you DO OUT of zomg so it does not belong to Z!F.

Maybe you should make topic like "Awesome players in zomg" or something. So people will know them and will want to crew with them, and there you can write about that girl, why she was awesome player, why did you love her because she could do (insert her abilities here)

You will help a lot of people and you can talk about her without spamming. I think.

If it's about people who play or played zomg then don't concentrate only one person.

It would be nice.

Gemenice
Miyaka Hana

Rainbow Nerd

Miyaka Hana
I'll retract some of my statements that I made while under an emotional influence where it caused me not to think as clearly as I normally would.

Gemenice

Your quote:

Quote:

MY quote:

Quote:

So, it sounds like you're saying it's not fragile right now but it's been fragile for some time. That sounds like you're contradicting yourself, sorry. Im exhausted so I may not be reading things correctly.

I can't really continue with this, and I'm not sure whether it's my lack of language knowledge or something else but I'm going to write it like this: zOMG! didn't become fragile now. It was fragile for a long time now and it keeps on being fragile and spamming z!f won't help either community, nor the game. It keeps new players out from joining the z!f

Quote:

The people bitching about someone leaving are people posting on the farewell threads. Who cares if the person leaving doesnt read the forum? People that that person knew do read the forum. If they do make a point as to what they did in zOMG and whatnot, would it be a problem or would you still consider it selfish for the person leaving who had absolutely no control over the matter?

No, I consider it selfish of the players posting into that forum in the first place. Person leaving or not, being your friend or not, it has NOTHING to do with you. it's their personal matter, And you guys have no right deciding and making her change her mind, especially not in public.

if you guys just want to hang out and patch each others wounds up, without it being relevant for z!f other than the old and much too used 'we met in zOMG!' which is not relevant, unless the topic of the discussion has something with zOMG! too, which butthurting doesn't, once again, Chatterbox's not far away. You can quote summon people since you do it anyway.

Quote:

I don't support drama. Enough said.

Actually you did. A lot of drama started because of the goodbye threads. You support those in your first post.

Quote:

Mistype, I was out of the loop when I typed that and meant to type that in another part of the sentence.

Okay so at least we know what is and what's not spam, more or less.

Quote:

Quote:

The Chatterbox isn't going to know who the frick you are if you randomly quit Gaia. They'll hate on you even more than what the hate is in here, trust me, I was on the Chatterbox for a long time.All in all, this discussion has gotten a tad boring for me. o3o; You have your opinion and I have mine, and there's nothing you can do about it.

So, what, you're intentionally spamming z!f and saying it's okay, because in CHatterbox you'd have to face trolls? Good work trolling your own home forum.

I spend a lot of time in Chatterbox too. Funnily enough, I find that after first three troll posts people cut it out and only the ones that care remain. Once again, you can summon people.

Btw. I love rules:

Off-topic/low content posts
When starting new threads, please start topics that are zOMG related and spur discussion. When posting within the topics (replies), stay on topic for the discussions and try to avoid any unnecessary chatter that could derail the topic. Continuous off-topic chatter can result in topics being redirected to the Chatterbox. Please try to make your posts substantial, as this is a discussion forum.

zOMG! Discussion
All ideas and concepts concerning zOMG! are acceptable within zOMG! forum. If you want to talk about how the monsters look, how artwork looks, how the game will play, or any topic dealing within zOMG! and it's features, this is the place to talk about it.

People licking each other's pixel injuries isn't one of the topics.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm tired of this discussion nao o3o It's been like a week already. I'm bored.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Miyaka Hana
I'm tired of this discussion nao o3o It's been like a week already. I'm bored.

ikr? xd

Beloved Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
The z!F is getting cluttered with threads about cool people, cool people leaving, cool people coming back, how do i unsoulbind pl0x, and BL cherry popping. And a scattering of guides that old players made because they're bored.

The z!F is dying because we're scrambling to make any sorts of thread to keep it going. Whereas most of these threads would be be pushed aside in favor of more relevant stuff, the first page doesn't move and keeps the same crap that it had for the past week.

And now we have SH freakout threads to boot.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It makes me sad that this is what happens because of lack of new content or updates. Sometimes I think that the z!F should just be wiped clean except for the Stickies and some of the (better) guides.

This was a great community. Now it's just...

Bleh. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces