Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Shapeshifter

16,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
i agree. a lot more items that u can find in towns & etc. should be more implimented in the site. hell the game i'm making right now uses every single item u can pick up to make stuff with. gl, though, i really don't see it happening soon.

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
A few notes:

Gold generators are essentially people spending real money on the site's primary currency, just with an additional step. The only reason it's a two-step process is because they did not originally intend to release gold generators when they created the Gaia cash system. As GGs are swiftly becoming (due to lack of game updates) practically the only way to make gold, the day will probably come when the primary currency (gold) will only be available through buying GC.

You're right about the items being lackluster. Somehow, despite all the site feedback to the contrary, Gaia doesn't seem to understand that the users don't want so many item releases so quickly. New colors does not a new item make. Also (as you mentioned), the "new" items seem to look very similar to other recent items. I used to know, either by name or by specific poses, most of the items on Gaia. If someone mentioned an item, I knew what it looked like and what poses it had. (And I was always pleasantly surprised to come across an item on Tektek that I hadn't discovered before.) Now, things go by like a fast-moving river, and I don't care about most of them.

Your ink idea is rather interesting (though difficult to implement, I think, due to the colors needing to be actual items in their systems). I've had several similar ideas that Gaia could use to offer GC services to users without spamming them with all these GGs. (For example, the implementation of a color wheel in the dress-up area. For a small GC fee, you could temporarily change the color of any item you wanted. It'd stay till you changed it again. Sort of like salon hair.) Anyway, I often feel like Gaia is working hard, but in all the wrong directions.

Last thing: if you're still stuck on level 3 in alchemy, my advice is to craft Griffin's Fiery Feather. It's not especially resellable, and you'll lose the costs of crafting and the formula, but I think it's much less than trying to craft anything that takes non-component items. Go dumpster diving for Caches (or just ask for freebies somewhere; people have loads. I have loads, if you want them!) Due to the extreme depreciation of caches, your best bet on any level will be to use as many cache components as possible.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Hope Legacy
i agree. a lot more items that u can find in towns & etc. should be more implimented in the site. hell the game i'm making right now uses every single item u can pick up to make stuff with. gl, though, i really don't see it happening soon.

Believe in the dream ninja lol

Invisible Codger

15,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
RageHelios
Ianzer jr
One word: Profit. That's what pretty much dictates the direction of the website right now; they aim to milk the cow dry. Likely, unlike cows, we humans have brains and can easily see their deception. Unfortunately there's still a few shills left to still take the bait xp

I understand that gaia is trying to make profit, but they could just as easily make the same amount of profit by selling gaia gold instead of gaia cash. They'd just have to come up with how much gaia gold would be worth actual price value (for example $10.00 - 10 billion gold?).

and its no surprise to me I got 3 dislikes on this post, because there are idiots out there that do buy gaia cash, and enjoy the stupid amounts of the same stuff being released. Thats fine with me, because I didnt leave this status for the community to like or dislike, I wrote this and left it in the site feedback forum so that the admins could know my feedback and what believe is wrong with the site.

Gold sinks are a needed at the moment, but releasing gold generating items along side gold sinks is like taking one step forward and 5 steps back. If they could release a gold sink where they would announce changes they'd like to make to the site, and have the community vote using gold on things they agree need to be changed, and things the community disagrees with (things that dont need to change or be a main focus), that would be great.

Yeh, the gaia gold selling thing. Already happening, and that's half of the reason why the mp is broken as hell.

The gaia gold generators. It's gaia gold being sold for cash.
It's a "nice" idea to have gold bundles with a set amount. But gaia wants to "prevent" more inflation by having generators have low payouts (less than advertised).

Let's just...not suggest more gold selling ideas to the gaia marketing team.

Edit: the gambling factor encourages people to buy more.
Gaia likes to play the cards that are in their favor, in the users.

I am sorry about alchemy. I'd rather it not be nerfed by charms, but at this point charms are more "accessible". Then again, there is dumpster dive.

Hallowed Astronomer

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
I'm sick of them pushing GC. I'm thinking about stopping playing especially after they just took the achievements away on the top bar. And there aren't cool events like there used to be sad

Shameless Sex Symbol

15,725 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
RageHelios
Gold sinks are a needed at the moment, but releasing gold generating items along side gold sinks is like taking one step forward and 5 steps back. If they could release a gold sink where they would announce changes they'd like to make to the site, and have the community vote using gold on things they agree need to be changed, and things the community disagrees with (things that dont need to change or be a main focus), that would be great.

This is the best idea I've heard for a gold sink in ages. I would GLADLY throw a couple hundred mil or even a few bil at this idea, you know, assuming they actually bother to change things afterwards razz

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
nikiera
RageHelios
Ianzer jr
One word: Profit. That's what pretty much dictates the direction of the website right now; they aim to milk the cow dry. Likely, unlike cows, we humans have brains and can easily see their deception. Unfortunately there's still a few shills left to still take the bait xp

I understand that gaia is trying to make profit, but they could just as easily make the same amount of profit by selling gaia gold instead of gaia cash. They'd just have to come up with how much gaia gold would be worth actual price value (for example $10.00 - 10 billion gold?).

and its no surprise to me I got 3 dislikes on this post, because there are idiots out there that do buy gaia cash, and enjoy the stupid amounts of the same stuff being released. Thats fine with me, because I didnt leave this status for the community to like or dislike, I wrote this and left it in the site feedback forum so that the admins could know my feedback and what believe is wrong with the site.

Yeh, the gaia gold selling thing. Already happening, and that's half of the reason why the mp is broken as hell.

The gaia gold generators. It's gaia gold being sold for cash.
It's a "nice" idea to have gold bundles with a set amount. But gaia wants to "prevent" more inflation by having generators have low payouts (less than advertised).

Let's just...not suggest more gold selling ideas to the gaia marketing team.

Edit: the gambling factor encourages people to buy more.
Gaia likes to play the cards that are in their favor, in the users.

I am sorry about alchemy. I'd rather it not be nerfed by charms, but at this point charms are more "accessible". Then again, there is dumpster dive.

The fact that people actually fall for the Gaia Cash "sale" is almost as bad as people falling for Black Friday sales.

If there is a gaia cash sale every day, and the sale is always the same discount, that means there is no discount, you're actually paying full price, you're just paying less than you would if you buy it at times when the sale isnt on.

Its the same concept with Black Friday. There arent really "deals" on anything, stores just Reinstate sales that they had on said items earlier in the year, and try to pass it off like its a cheaper price. You're more likely to buy a new TV closer to Christmas because you see its on sale, then say half way through summer when theres no special reason to buy a new TV thats on sale.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
GoodnightYou
I'm sick of them pushing GC. I'm thinking about stopping playing especially after they just took the achievements away on the top bar. And there aren't cool events like there used to be sad

I believe their excuse was " It costs money to run servers".....well, thats true, but if they scare all of their users away by pushing Gaia cash on them, who will be left on the servers? ninja

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Washu_Takahashi
RageHelios

This is the best idea I've heard for a gold sink in ages. I would GLADLY throw a couple hundred mil or even a few bil at this idea, you know, assuming they actually bother to change things afterwards razz

I just thought of this idea after they took away the achievement points from the header actually. There was no reason to move the Achievements to just the my gaia tab. Now they're out of the way, and you have to search for them. And why? So they can push more Gaia Cash crap into the header? SERIOUSLY? They must think that everyone on gaia actually buys gaia cash to develop both a Tab and a reward system for those who actively buy Gcash.

Dapper Noob

RageHelios
Erynne
With Gaia's mindset, we'll soon look into ink inflation and they'll start selling them in bundles like charms.

That would be a problem, if ink wasnt created by squishing bugs that you collect in towns. With the current economy ink is already inflated, ive been selling all my ink and bugs ive collected on this profile over on a mule account and have already made 80 mill in 2 short weeks.

Red ink alone is selling for an average of 10 mill a pop.

You make it sound like Gaia still has enough integrity to not just poof some inks (or anything else) out of thin air, so they can sell it for real money. They already did it with Halos and the other older MCs. I'm sure they aren't above doing it to game items as well, if they see a way to milk it.
I remember when they first started the evolving items, and would only release 1 at a time, then release another a few weeks later. There was not too much overlap and it was so much easier to follow. Also, I got so much more enjoyment out of those items and actively looked forward to their evolutions. Now there are multiple cash shop updates every day and it is hard as hell to keep track of things, let alone get excited for items.

Suntail Wolf's Queen

Loyal Guardian

10,975 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
A SHIP IS SAFE IN HARBOR,
BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE FOR.

You're totally right Rage sad It's gone down hill, and a lot of people were pissed about the recolors and how HR is now, I didn't fish too much in there, but it jumped like, 200k for each item if I remember right, or maybe it was like, 20k ish, I forget...but it still was a hike. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff