Welcome to Gaia! ::

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Maybe im just nostalgic, but new items these days sure seem lack luster. Maybe its the lack of creativity that comes with the recolors, maybe its the fact that you can only have so many different poses of legs for your avi, maybe its the fact that you cant seem to go anywhere in towns without seeing that Generic avi of a guy with a fancy suit, wings, and a crazy hairstyle.

Gaia used to always be exciting, even back when I started in 2006 when it took me a few months to even 10k gold, at least I had things to look forward to. Now a days when I get on gaia I just get hounded with 10 alerts a day (half of which are alerting me of gaia cash sales), a bunch of lack luster recolors, and tons of Items that I could swear have already seen, but in slightly differing variations.

Ill cut to to my point, Im not interested in recolors, im not interested in Gaia cash sales or the items that require you to buy gaia cash, Im not interested in the same generic clothing items that continued to be released on the daily. Items these days are missing the same iconic feeling as Items such as the Ancient katana, flame sword, Dark Star, or Summoning Tome. There is nothing special about gaia cash items, so why are they advertised so heavily? Why is gaia cash even around? Whats the point in having a secondary currency to buy items that you're gonna turn around and sell on the marketplace using the Sites Primary currency? Why not just make it so people can spend real money on the sites primary currency instead?

As for recolors, wouldnt it be awesome if you could say....use INK ( which has always been around on this site) to perhaps Dye pieces of clothing and items that you already own, instead of having to buy completely new items?

Just a thought.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
That's an interesting use for ink. eek
I'd be down.
One word: Profit. That's what pretty much dictates the direction of the website right now; they aim to milk the cow dry. Likely, unlike cows, we humans have brains and can easily see their deception. Unfortunately there's still a few shills left to still take the bait xp

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Rosalind Hawk
That's an interesting use for ink. eek
I'd be down.

I know right? Its a good idea. They were heading in the right direction with alchemy but failed when they started adding limited items to some of the ingredients lists. Its literally impossible to craft some recipes in alchemy because so many items have been used to extinction.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Ianzer jr
One word: Profit. That's what pretty much dictates the direction of the website right now; they aim to milk the cow dry. Likely, unlike cows, we humans have brains and can easily see their deception. Unfortunately there's still a few shills left to still take the bait xp

I understand that gaia is trying to make profit, but they could just as easily make the same amount of profit by selling gaia gold instead of gaia cash. They'd just have to come up with how much gaia gold would be worth actual price value (for example $10.00 - 10 billion gold?).

and its no surprise to me I got 3 dislikes on this post, because there are idiots out there that do buy gaia cash, and enjoy the stupid amounts of the same stuff being released. Thats fine with me, because I didnt leave this status for the community to like or dislike, I wrote this and left it in the site feedback forum so that the admins could know my feedback and what believe is wrong with the site.

Gold sinks are a needed at the moment, but releasing gold generating items along side gold sinks is like taking one step forward and 5 steps back. If they could release a gold sink where they would announce changes they'd like to make to the site, and have the community vote using gold on things they agree need to be changed, and things the community disagrees with (things that dont need to change or be a main focus), that would be great.

Undead Enchantress

With Gaia's mindset, we'll soon look into ink inflation and they'll start selling them in bundles like charms.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Erynne
With Gaia's mindset, we'll soon look into ink inflation and they'll start selling them in bundles like charms.

That would be a problem, if ink wasnt created by squishing bugs that you collect in towns. With the current economy ink is already inflated, ive been selling all my ink and bugs ive collected on this profile over on a mule account and have already made 80 mill in 2 short weeks.

Red ink alone is selling for an average of 10 mill a pop.

Distinct Star

3,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
You sir have some good ideas that I would like to see implemented.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
HadesComrade

Thank you

Distinct Star

3,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Thank you

I am really disappointed in the alchemy. I was all excited to try it out and I can't seem to even obtain a lot of the materials because the market has sold out and there doesn't seem to be a renewable source.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Thank you

I am really disappointed in the alchemy. I was all excited to try it out and I can't seem to even obtain a lot of the materials because the market has sold out and there doesn't seem to be a renewable source.

Im stuck at lvl 3 alchemy because most lvl 3 item recipes have extinct items in the recipe.

Distinct Star

3,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
RageHelios
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Thank you

Im stuck at lvl 3 alchemy because most lvl 3 item recipes have extinct items in the recipe.

Right? It's so uncool.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Thank you

Right? It's so uncool.

Its alright I guess, after all alchemy was just another gold sink that they let run dry.

Distinct Star

3,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
RageHelios
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Thank you

Right? It's so uncool.

Its alright I guess, after all alchemy was just another gold sink that they let run dry.

sad It just seems like they could do so much more with the idea.

Godly Powerhouse

20,225 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade
RageHelios
HadesComrade

Right? It's so uncool.

sad It just seems like they could do so much more with the idea.

Its sad because alchemy was one of the last good ideas ive seen come from this site. It was impossible to craft stuff before the economy inflated, but now that I can actually afford most of the ingrediants there are so many extinct ingrediants that its impossible to make anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff