Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

codemonkey37179
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Okay codemonkey this is going to be a silly question here. Did you say over the summer during the Rejected Olympics when this thread was in its infancy that Towns 2 will have a feature to set your favorite place within Towns and you and your friends will all be able to go to that same spot if you all set the same place as a favorite? I know you said something about a GPS feature for finding your friends in Towns 2. I ask this because there's a thread about VH and Rallies and one of the concerns was that without the rooms it would be harder to get together with people. I could have sworn you said something over the summer about Towns 2 coming with a way to set a favorite spot kind of like how we can set a favorite area code in original Towns. Me and my crazy thirty-seven year old brain is having a middle aged moment here with that one little detail.

There is a feature to favorite a place, but it doesn't help with getting on the same server.

I do know how important it is to be able to get your friends together in the same place. The housing/neighborhoods will help with that, and we are exploring other ways to implement that as well.

Okay thanks for answering that. Hmm, seems like that feature's going to be Russian Roulette when trying to get a few people together in the same spot on the same server. Guess we're going to have to wait for the houses to port over to the new Towns.

Time-traveling Senshi

Sir Zoid
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Okay codemonkey this is going to be a silly question here. Did you say over the summer during the Rejected Olympics when this thread was in its infancy that Towns 2 will have a feature to set your favorite place within Towns and you and your friends will all be able to go to that same spot if you all set the same place as a favorite? I know you said something about a GPS feature for finding your friends in Towns 2. I ask this because there's a thread about VH and Rallies and one of the concerns was that without the rooms it would be harder to get together with people. I could have sworn you said something over the summer about Towns 2 coming with a way to set a favorite spot kind of like how we can set a favorite area code in original Towns. Me and my crazy thirty-seven year old brain is having a middle aged moment here with that one little detail.

Call Me crazy, but I believe that the feature is already implemented. In the phone I think that there is a favorites button. I don't know how it works but I'm pretty sure it is there.

My guild and I are still saying goodbye to our favorite spot in Towns before we have no choice but to use Towns 2. We want to use Towns 2 and are looking forward to it but we want to give the old feature a proper goodbye first.

Aged Genius

Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

There is a feature to favorite a place, but it doesn't help with getting on the same server.

I do know how important it is to be able to get your friends together in the same place. The housing/neighborhoods will help with that, and we are exploring other ways to implement that as well.

Okay thanks for answering that. Hmm, seems like that feature's going to be Russian Roulette when trying to get a few people together in the same spot on the same server. Guess we're going to have to wait for the houses to port over to the new Towns.

Right now I agree it is a bit difficult, but I'm sure Narumi and I have been kicking around some ideas. A good user experience is very important to the team.

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

Psst..... Codemonkey.
>_________>
<_________<
o_________o

Got any screenshots of the latest build you've been working on?
I'm like dying with excitement xDD

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

-WhiteAlbum-
Psst..... Codemonkey.
>_________>
<_________<
o_________o

User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image

I agree!
Just one screencap... even if it is just of a single Barton house...
or even just a fraction of the house... @w@ Breadcrumbs, purdy please? emotion_kirakira
We get spoilers of Towns 2 before Rejected Olympics...
Wouldn't hurt to give us a lil' sneak peek of Towns beforehand, right? emotion_kirakira
I swear I'll spam the :kirakira: emote until we get screencaps.
codemonkey37179
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Right now I agree it is a bit difficult, but I'm sure Narumi and I have been kicking around some ideas. A good user experience is very important to the team.
throwing crap all into one big mess isn't going to make it more secure.

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

Crystal Sparda
-WhiteAlbum-
Psst..... Codemonkey.
>_________>
<_________<
o_________o

User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image

I agree!
Just one screencap... even if it is just of a single Barton house...
or even just a fraction of the house... @w@ Breadcrumbs, purdy please? emotion_kirakira
We get spoilers of Towns 2 before Rejected Olympics...
Wouldn't hurt to give us a lil' sneak peek of Towns beforehand, right? emotion_kirakira
I swear I'll spam the :kirakira: emote until we get screencaps.

If the forum assistant agrees with me, then it has to be a good idea x3

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

pig grin

Make your own version of Towns 2 then.

I've seriously had it with people thrashing Codemonkey's work.
-WhiteAlbum-
pig grin

Challenge accepted!

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

pig grin
-WhiteAlbum-
pig grin

Challenge accepted!

Awesome! xD

Aged Genius

pig grin
-WhiteAlbum-
pig grin

Challenge accepted!

Great biggrin When can we expect to see something?

Aged Genius

-WhiteAlbum-
Psst..... Codemonkey.
>_________>
<_________<
o_________o

I'd love to show you, but it isn't up to me. I'll ask, but the wait won't be much longer anyway.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
When the neighborhoods are added, will all four towns be available, or just Gambino to start?

Aged Genius

Sir Zoid
When the neighborhoods are added, will all four towns be available, or just Gambino to start?

Good question. Just Gambino. Over the next few month, Gambino will be extended, and new towns will be added over the next year. It takes a very long time to put in all the details. We have two dedicated (some would say very dedicated) artists to draw the towns. They've come up with some very nice housing areas.

In the beginning, Gambino will act as a hub to all the housing areas, and then later each housing area will link to its respective area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff