Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Healer

SuccuViv
Pandora Hearts Freak
No thank you. There aren't a lot of posts that are worth 10k. Sure they are agreeable hence the small tip. But they aren't normally mindblowing. Hence- 10k should not be the min.

Gaia is not keeping up to the inflation they are causing. So 10k is a lot when you can't make it all back. It does pile up.
In your opinion, in mine there are plenty of posts that are worth 1m and so, and this inflation lets you sell a heart charm (common in the daily chance) for 20m, whoever is saying they don't have 10k is either lying or just can't be bothered to even check their daily chance.

Don't forget there are new users and for them 10k is a lot even if they check their daily chance every day.

Also there are users who can't be online often enough to make up for what they tip even if they collect their daily chance.

As for heart charms, some might not want to have to resort to selling their heart charms just to catch up with the economy especially considering they might only get one or two a day if any.

Lavish Smoker

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Orchid Mists
Gaia doesn't like to give us choices for some reason. :/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Demonic Lover

shezeu
Don't forget there are new users and for them 10k is a lot even if they check their daily chance every day.

Also there are users who can't be online often enough to make up for what they tip even if they collect their daily chance.

As for heart charms, some might not want to have to resort to selling their heart charms just to catch up with the economy especially considering they might only get one or two a day if any.
Getting new items is also a lot for new users, it just means they can't spam tips right away, wich to me is a non-issue, we'll just disagree with this, I'm on the camp that still finds 10k too insignificant x_x;

By the way, one heart charm, sold for 20m is about 2000 tips (the 10k kind) XD; assuming you tip 2000 times a week (unlikely) you only need to sell one heart charm for your weekly tipping needs.

Devoted Healer

SuccuViv
shezeu

Getting new items is also a lot for new users, it just means they can't spam tips right away, wich to me is a non-issue, we'll just disagree with this, I'm on the camp that still finds 10k too insignificant x_x;

By the way, one heart charm, sold for 20m is about 2000 tips (the 10k kind) XD; assuming you tip 2000 times a week (unlikely) you only need to sell one heart charm for your weekly tipping needs.

That's true... sweatdrop I dunno, it just kinda feels like if I were a new player looking at the tipping function and how much it is it would make me feel like it was just one more thing I'd feel excluded from just because of the fact it would be difficult to afford ya know?

Demonic Sex Symbol

13,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
SuccuViv
Pandora Hearts Freak
No thank you. There aren't a lot of posts that are worth 10k. Sure they are agreeable hence the small tip. But they aren't normally mindblowing. Hence- 10k should not be the min.

Gaia is not keeping up to the inflation they are causing. So 10k is a lot when you can't make it all back. It does pile up.

In your opinion, in mine there are plenty of posts that are worth 1m and so, and this inflation lets you sell a heart charm (common in the daily chance) for 20m, whoever is saying they don't have 10k is either lying or just can't be bothered to even check their daily chance.

And how is your opinion worth more than anybody elses?

I myself check daily chance a lot. on average I get 20,000-30,000 a day. Now before you get back on your high horse saying that could be used for tipping, that is normally used for items or to save up to knock off the insanely pricey items from the wishlist. At least with 25g, I didn't have to worry about being set back but I could still show that I agree with someone's post.

Demonic Lover

Pandora Hearts Freak
I myself check daily chance a lot. on average I get 20,000-30,000 a day. Now before you get back on your high horse saying that could be used for tipping, that is normally used for items or to save up to knock off the insanely pricey items from the wishlist. At least with 25g, I didn't have to worry about being set back but I could still show that I agree with someone's post.
My opinion isn't worth more than anyone elses e_e the difference between you and I?, I said it was my opinion, I didn't speak as if it was fact, there's the point to my "in your opinion" observation.

Sorry, like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion 10k is still too low and I'm not going to continue debating for such a ridiculously small amount of gold. It's not worth my time.

Demonic Sex Symbol

13,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
SuccuViv
Pandora Hearts Freak
My opinion isn't worth more than anyone elses e_e the difference between you and I?, I said it was my opinion, I didn't speak as if it was fact, there's the point to my "in your opinion" observation.

Sorry, like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion 10k is still too low and I'm not going to continue debating for such a ridiculously small amount of gold. It's not worth my time.

I never spoke like it was a fact sweet heart. Opinions against 10k tipping are what sparked the majority (if not all) of these forums. When Gaia releases an update and lots of forums against the updates are posted, you know there is something wrong.

This will be my last reply to you. heart

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Arac86
What if there was a choice button with several tipping options?

i love this idea! because it seems everyone has split ideas on what is a proper tip. i've actually worked in tip driven environments so to me, in this economy, a proper tip for me would be 1mil, but i only tip when i extremely approve of a post.
most of the complaints about 10k seem a bit off. when gaia was older 25g was a lot of gold to tip. i remember vending items for only a 100g profit. now percentage wise 10k is still extremely low for what most items go for. but because of the over inflated economy, people starter giving tipping another meaning, instead of the living you could once make off of it. the change of 10k still makes it to where no one is really going to be able to "live" off of posting. i think this site is in the middle of readjusting everything price wise so soon people wont even bat an eye at 10k. i stopped a few days after i got back on this site a few months ago.
Sydney Delphine
Kali Kii
Sydney Delphine
Pandora Hearts Freak
Kali Kii
what if we could just type in the amount we want to tip?

That would be perfect. I am concerned as to why gaia didn't do this.

Because it's too hard... ZeroOmega said so.

really? can you link me to where he said that?

I can't understand what would be so hard about it. And it would allow the greatest flexibility so that people can tip whatever amount they want.

Here you go.

thanks. sounds like maybe they will implement that in the future. smile

Profitable Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Something someone suggested is to have a thumbs up option (or something of the like).

Essentially a way to say "I agree with you." or "Well said" without bringing money into play. I'm not against tipping myself, but that would definitely be a nice addition to the forum interactions.

You have a choice to say either "I like/agree with this post/opinion" with a *Thumbs up* OR "I think you deserve money for this post" with a tip.

IMO it seems like a win-win for both parties on this argument.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

A multiple option for tipping was suggested ages ago, which is why I was slightly annoyed
when they updated tipping, but only made it 10k, with no other option for either a lower tip, or higher amount.

Personally I see no excuse as to why it couldn't be done with 5k increments at least, with the max perhaps being 20 - 30k.

Dangerous Dabbler

8,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Arac86
What if there was a choice button with several tipping options?

Or if they just let you type the amount like they do with a trade? I would even like the option to gift an item to a poster in place of a tip XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff