Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Tycoon

9,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think the admins should take the items from deactive account and selll the m and give the gold to chairties instead of letting them go to waste in accounts thay haven't been used it 6 or 7 months maybe years or banned account and them delete the account so people can use the names the good names have already been used by people who dont even get on their accounts anymore
WETUredneck1
I think the admins should take the items from deactive account and selll the m and give the gold to chairties instead of letting them go to waste in accounts thay haven't been used it 6 or 7 months maybe years or banned account and them delete the account so people can use the names the good names have already been used by people who dont even get on their accounts anymore
A commonly requested idea... A good idea... A hopeless idea...
Accounts wont beleted.

Dri
Impracticalities: Deletion of old/unused/neverlogged/etc.. accounts

Why this isn't done and never will be....

Deletion of an account would create various other problems for which there are, with Gaia's make-up, no solutions.
I don't really need to say more than that, do I?

Okay... so why don't you at least change the names on these accounts? (I knew you'd ask that!)

Banned Accounts

It's always a possibility... no matter how unlikely in most instances, that a mistake was made or a decision will be reconsidered and an account will be unbanned.

Zero Posts

Even if an account has zero posts, it doesn't mean that it's not being used. It simply means that account hasn't participated in Gaia's forums. It could be used as a storage mule by someone with a more active account, or perhaps by someone who likes to participate in the non-forum activities on the site.

Users also sometimes make accounts and then don't use them very much... look around, leave, and come back later on when something about the site interests them.

Never Logged In

Many of these accounts are because something glitched and the activation e-mail was never received. Even months after the fact, these accounts are sometimes eventually activated and then used.

Any and all threads asking for accounts to be deleted/renamed/etc.. will be recycled.

Wealthy Tycoon

9,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
G.I.R.-Almighty
WETUredneck1
i saw one account who hasn't been on in 7 months and has a demonic pitchfork nitemare headband and a bunch of other good items that are going to waste if it was a mule they wouldn't make it look so good i think the person just quit
So? Its not our descision. I have quit and come-back, how do we know they wont too?
WETUredneck1
G.I.R.-Almighty
WETUredneck1
i saw one account who hasn't been on in 7 months and has a demonic pitchfork nitemare headband and a bunch of other good items that are going to waste if it was a mule they wouldn't make it look so good i think the person just quit

You think is the problem. They might still be active they might of just had a computer break down D: my friend wasn't on gaia for about 8 months and finally came back about 2 weeks ago and he had a chain wallet and such. His computer broke down so things do happen.
Who cares what items the person got or what the name is or how long they haven't been on. They made the account and if they left they left and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. Give it up already. If you want the items then just save up for them yourself. Gold you can get by hanging out and charities are a good idea but they have donators to help them out. Also if you want the name then suck it up because they got there first. Game names and manga names are very very popular. If you like a name from them then you have to remember that someone who's either active or inactive is likely to have it. Accounts shouldn't be taken down or distributed because they haven't been used. There's life in the real world you know and they may be having rough times. Aka their parents/grandparents are ill, school issues, computer's broken, moving, have a job, and more. You can't take it down. You don't know whether they left Gaia for good or are just having rough times and don't want to deal with stupid kids or anything on the internet (no offence meant to anyone.). Many people on this issue on any site tend to forget that a name's just a name and items are just pixels and that there's life in the real world too. (sorry for the long rant and stuff.)

Quotable Genius

What if it's a mule account? Even mules look good sometimes smile
Accounts will never be deleted, the admins have stated that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff