Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Rune Shine
I think one of the main issues in this whole mess regarding the Cash Shop items and trying to match the marketplace price is the simple fact Gaia is failing to adjust the ratios to match inflation.

It's common knowledge that different currencies hold different values in comparison to each other in the real world and that those values fluctuate depending on the amount of currency in circulation.

In my opinion, the two forms of Gaia currency should work the same. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the formula needed to calculate how much gold the cash is worth is a simple division problem.

G divided by C

If they did this, say once a month, they could price their cash items more fairly and people will be more willing to buy, thus more money in the long run.

I really wish they would go back to their original conversion rate

60 Gaia gold = 1 Gaia cash

That is what they need to do.

By the way. A bit off topic. But we are losing yet another Artist. This means we are also gonna have even less NEW stuff.

Durem Cleric

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Survivor 150
Nyadriel
Rune Shine
I think one of the main issues in this whole mess regarding the Cash Shop items and trying to match the marketplace price is the simple fact Gaia is failing to adjust the ratios to match inflation.

It's common knowledge that different currencies hold different values in comparison to each other in the real world and that those values fluctuate depending on the amount of currency in circulation.

In my opinion, the two forms of Gaia currency should work the same. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the formula needed to calculate how much gold the cash is worth is a simple division problem.

G divided by C

If they did this, say once a month, they could price their cash items more fairly and people will be more willing to buy, thus more money in the long run.

By the way. A bit off topic. But we are losing yet another Artist. This means we are also gonna have even less NEW stuff.

I think they still use the 60 Gold = 1 Cash, which is the problem. While the amount of Gold and Gaia Cash have both increased, Gold has increased far more than Gaia Cash has. But they continue to use the ratio they set when they first introduced Gaia Cash despite the fact things have long changed since then.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Rune Shine
Nyadriel
Rune Shine

G divided by C

I think they still use the 60 Gold = 1 Cash, which is the problem. While the amount of Gold and Gaia Cash have both increased, Gold has increased far more than Gaia Cash has. But they continue to use the ratio they set when they first introduced Gaia Cash despite the fact things have long changed since then.

That is NOT what I meant at all. They need to STOP basing it all on the MP prices because THAT is not the "real value". They are not basing on their original conversion. They are basing it on the conversion of 'marketers' and AI-ers (users).

They need to go back on their OWN original pricing. All these rerealeses I thought was cool in the beginning. Til they started basing it on mp prices which was fairly recent.

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
Prismatic Beat
Best thread in the Site Feedback right now.

3nodding Indeed

Durem Cleric

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Survivor 150
Nyadriel
That is NOT what I meant at all. They need to STOP basing it all on the MP prices because THAT is not the "real value". They are not basing on their original conversion. They are basing it on the conversion of 'marketers' and AI-ers (users).

They need to go back on their OWN original pricing. All these rerealeses I thought was cool in the beginning. Til they started basing it on mp prices which was fairly recent.

I think we are not quite understanding each other or something.
They've been using the 60 Gold = 1 Cash in combination with the market prices to come up with the ridiculous prices they've been releasing. What they've been doing wouldn't be so bad if they would first calculate the true Cash/Gold ratios. (And the real ratio could easily be 1000 gold = 1 cash, possibly more.)

Lonely Nerd

Rya Dracosin
coolguyflame
Rorrim Rory Bludworth

Narumi was given a quota of cash that he has to meet by the executives. He's not going it on free will.

He should've come to us, the community, about it. I'm sure we're a very intelligent community and could've figured a reasonable way to help him make quota. Instead of upping prices, could've easily did something else to be less insulting to our intelligence and our desire for pixelated goods.

No, no he shouldn't. In fact I'm pretty sure if he told us such information he'd most likely be fired. As much as I'm disliking Gaia's practices right now, Narumi shouldn't be disclosing anything that he shouldn't be disclosing.

Invisible Explorer

Best thread ever.

Lavish Millionaire

Everything that's been going on has me to hot and bothered. Why does everything have to be about money?Yes I know a site must have some money coming in, sometimes money from it's members. However you should never bleed your community dry. Gaia is doing just that. My wallet is officially closed to you until you can ******** get your s**t together.
Nyadriel
Rune Shine

G divided by C

Sorry for the thread irrelevance, but who is the artist? Is there an announcement section which details who's leaving the Gaia team, who's being hired, etc.?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Little-Missy-Moo
Nyadriel
Rune Shine

G divided by C

Sorry for the thread irrelevance, but who is the artist? Is there an announcement section which details who's leaving the Gaia team, who's being hired, etc.?

In pm

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
the wayward knight
Rya Dracosin
coolguyflame
Rorrim Rory Bludworth

Narumi was given a quota of cash that he has to meet by the executives. He's not going it on free will.

He should've come to us, the community, about it. I'm sure we're a very intelligent community and could've figured a reasonable way to help him make quota. Instead of upping prices, could've easily did something else to be less insulting to our intelligence and our desire for pixelated goods.

No, no he shouldn't. In fact I'm pretty sure if he told us such information he'd most likely be fired. As much as I'm disliking Gaia's practices right now, Narumi shouldn't be disclosing anything that he shouldn't be disclosing.

How would we know he has a quota? We were told. He didn't have to tell us how much, he could've easily stated in a journal update or something that they've got a goal to meet, and that ideas on how to meet that goal would be helpful even if not used.

I'm a little taken aback, really. How could he be fired for something we were told after the fact anyway? And now that we know, still no queries into the community about what could get them to subscribe to auto cash at higher rates, or what would get them to spend X amount each day/week/month/year.

They're just not using their most obvious resource for making more money, which would be us, the community. emotion_facepalm
Good morning, Gaia. Yesterday's 'Flash Sale' featured some adjusting on prices to better reflect the value of the items.

I'd like to share a little joke. Frustration with Gaia's management is nowhere near a new thing; even as far back as 2005 the joke amongst my friends was' Gaia will do the right thing....after doing it all the wrong ways first.'

Gaian management has never had any intuition about the community spirit of Gaian members or how they will react to questionable practices. I can point to the ur-example, Alchemy's roll-out to show you how the last regime were clueless and tone-deaf as to how a feature that they didn't test, didn't get feedback from mods or SCAS was going to be received by the community. And back then, they were just as bewildered as they act right now as to why the community was upset.

Who was in charge of that Alchemy roll-out, again? Hmmmmmm....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff