Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whaddaya think?

YEAH! 1 100.0% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
1 2 >

After a certain amount of plight in the form of recovering an old account, I have to whine about something. I never got the 2 security questions. And now I can't get my ninja headband off my old account. crying .

I personally think that the Email should be enough, but shouldn't be displayed to anyone. People can just use PMs to email people.

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageI disagrea, I use my email to talk to other Gaians that I became friends with. That would mean every person who emailed me and knew me from the real world could get acces to my pasword sweatdrop

User Image Boxed Lunch User Image
~GAIA Towns Helper~
Maybe just make it like runescape? Make it so you can change the recovery questions but it takes 14 days for the new questions to be active.
The only thing that really sucks, is that I CAN'T EVEN GET THE ACCOUNT OPEN! crying

I had a ninja headband. And I REALLY want one now.
Annihilatus
After a certain amount of plight in the form of recovering an old account, I have to whine about something. I never got the 2 security questions. And now I can't get my ninja headband off my old account. crying .

I personally think that the Email should be enough, but shouldn't be displayed to anyone. People can just use PMs to email people.

Isn't there something about them sending the password to your email?
enjay babe
Annihilatus

That is exactly what I'm whining about. There are security questions you need to answer, but I never got the prompt for those questions...
enjay babe
Annihilatus

yea there is...that's why you should save the emails from gaia

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Contact an omnimoderator about this please. They're the dark green ones.

In general, if you set security questions and forget both those and your password you're out of luck. For the few remaining accounts that never set security questions though, I believe you can ask for help and still recieve it.

No guaruntees, but for you it might be worth a shot.

Security questions are such a difficult thing ... you want people to be able to get ahold of their account if something went wrong but at the same time, you need to make it secure enough that hackers and scammers can't get in.

Difficult, difficult stuff.

You hate to hear about people who get locked out of their accounts, but what can you do, really?
i'm not trying to be mean... but gaians lie when they said they got hacked.... at least 99.9% who say that they got hacked didn't and wanted you gold... i dont' really think you did have a ninja headband in teh old account.. sorry but i think there is nothing wrong with the passwords.. sorry.. sweatdrop
terradi
Contact an omnimoderator about this please. They're the dark green ones.

In general, if you set security questions and forget both those and your password you're out of luck. For the few remaining accounts that never set security questions though, I believe you can ask for help and still recieve it.

No guaruntees, but for you it might be worth a shot.

Security questions are such a difficult thing ... you want people to be able to get ahold of their account if something went wrong but at the same time, you need to make it secure enough that hackers and scammers can't get in.

Difficult, difficult stuff.

You hate to hear about people who get locked out of their accounts, but what can you do, really?

Wow! Thats some really great advice. Thanks a lot, really. Now I have an idea of what I SHOULD do. ^^
Thing is (on being 'hacked') I can't use my old password. It doesn't work.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Annihilatus
Doesn't work, or is being remembered incorrectly? Because if your account was hacked, you'll want to go about this a different way entirely.

Always, if you have a hacked account you can report it and have the account returned to you. ^^; I figured that since you were asking about password retrieval that it was a case of forgetting it.

~

As a side note: to those who are thinking they've just found an easy way to free things, while a person is always welcome to report an account if it was hacked, or they lost access to it via other means, making false claims on what you lost in an attempt to get yourself more things has some really stiff punishments attached to it. No sane gaian who knew the consequences would try it.
terradi
Annihilatus
Doesn't work, or is being remembered incorrectly? Because if your account was hacked, you'll want to go about this a different way entirely.

Always, if you have a hacked account you can report it and have the account returned to you. ^^; I figured that since you were asking about password retrieval that it was a case of forgetting it.

~

As a side note: to those who are thinking they've just found an easy way to free things, while a person is always welcome to report an account if it was hacked, or they lost access to it via other means, making false claims on what you lost in an attempt to get yourself more things has some really stiff punishments attached to it. No sane gaian who knew the consequences would try it.

No no no! I wrote down my password and kept it in a little box, so if I ever decided to come back to Gaia, I could just pick up where I left off! But it said
''The password you have entered is incorrect, multiple log-in fails will result in your IP being banned"
terradi
Annihilatus

~

Actually, I didn't have much. My items are still on the character as well. All I have is the Steel Plated Ninja Headband, a Mami Top, and that Alien head.
Also, who would I ask about getting my items back? question

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces