Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
I'm a male, but my avatar looks better with a female base. Unfortunately because my avatar is female it also says MY gender is female. We should be able to choose our own gender in our profile settings regardless of what our avatars are.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image

True, I never thought about that.

Also, what gender does it say for animal avis? With new bases it's becoming more of an issue to have avi gender choose profile gender. I think that you should be able to select the gender on your profile.
I kinda wonder why this wasn't done from the start.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

i agree. and i think we should have more than two options. or just make it a fill in field (its easier on everyone)

i also wonder what gender it says for paw avis? probably whatever gender we've selected for our human base, regardless of whether we use it

i removed the gender information from my profile a long time ago

Colorful Unicorn

27,275 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
For paw bases it says "Animal" as gender, which is kinda silly. But I agree, I wish profile gender could be edited separately from avatar gender.

Chubby Cutie

37,650 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Squish Squish 500
  • The Sweetest 250
i never really thought about this because i never had that information visible on my profile, but that would be really nice

maybe they could add an 'other' option, too

Gambino Lover

Hah, I didn't notice that.

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I've been thinking of that since I first joined cause I started with a male base and then I changed my gender on my profile and was hugely surprised and annoyed to see the base changing too.
Plus, there are a lot of people who don't fit in the gender binary and having them choose between male or female is not that nice.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Diosu
I'm a male, but my avatar looks better with a female base. Unfortunately because my avatar is female it also says MY gender is female. We should be able to choose our own gender in our profile settings regardless of what our avatars are.

OP, you say that your avatar looks better with a female base...
Of course it looks better, since your avatar represents a female and not anything else, I hope, since you wear a skirt and mostly female items on you.

I don't want to start offending anyone, but why would people like you dress up as a female, per say, and then try and imply that you identify urself as a male to society. That's just sounds really confusing.

Yes, OP you are a male, but still your avatar is not representing or demanding, to be a male; hence, why you say that your avi looks better on a female base, with a female gender, with female clothes on.

I don't consider that we need those kind of changes for human bases, in order to not cause gender confusion and wrong things among users...

I don't think your gender should be female, nor male, in your case I don't really know what kind of gender it should be. And I won't start questioning myself that.

Off topic: I do wish we could have adjustable body sizes feature like tentacl, on all of the bases.

Edit: I really hope I won't have to deal with people calling me out for "offending", it's just my own, personal opinion.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Can't you just put in your 'about me' that you're male?

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Free Killz
Diosu

OP, you say that your avatar looks better with a female base...
Of course it looks better, since your avatar represents a female and not anything else, I hope, since you wear a skirt and mostly female items on you.

I don't want to start offending anyone, but why would people like you dress up as a female, per say, and then try and imply that you identify urself as a male to society. That's just sounds really confusing.

Yes, OP you are a male, but still your avatar is not representing or demanding, to be a male; hence, why you say that your avi looks better on a female base, with a female gender, with female clothes on.

I don't consider that we need those kind of changes for human bases, in order to not cause gender confusion and wrong things among users...

I don't think your gender should be female, nor male, in your case I don't really know what kind of gender it should be. And I won't start questioning myself that.

Off topic: I do wish we could have adjustable body sizes feature like tentacl, on all of the bases.

Edit: I really hope I won't have to deal with people calling me out for "offending", it's just my own, personal opinion.

I'm not offended, but I've had people PM'ing me about my items on the MP and referring to me with female pronouns.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Diosu

I'm not offended, but I've had people PM'ing me about my items on the MP and referring to me with female pronouns.

You could make a giant any kind of sign or writing, indicating that you're a male, using a female base on your store's description, if that bothers you so much.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Free Killz
Diosu

You could make a giant any kind of sign or writing, indicating that you're a male, using a female base on your store's description, if that bothers you so much.

I'm not really that annoyed, but I think that people should be able to choose their gender apart from their avatar's.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Diosu
Free Killz
Diosu

I'm not really that annoyed, but I think that people should be able to choose their gender apart from their avatar's.

Excuse me, but many popular gaming companies don't allow that, especially those related to rpg, or social virtual worlds, your gender should automatically determine your character avi, and there is a good reason for it to be so.
I've never really paid attention to it. I've always thought of it as determining the gender of the avatar itself since it doesn't label the person using the account.

I guess if it bugs some people it might be good to customize, but then opens the floodgates of people not wanting to choose gender and wanting "genderless" avis...

I'm more or less gender blind when it comes to the person behind the computer (because, like race and whatever else can cause discriminatory judgement, it just doesn't matter here since we all basically look the same anyway- if that makes sense?), but the social cues that the person gives with their avi and posts has always keys me in one way or another, so if I call someone sir/he/she/whatever it's because of what their online Gaia "persona" clues me into.

I dunno. Seems less complicated to keep it how it is since it's something where no one is really going to be satisfied with the result, anyway. Even equality pisses some people off. lol

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Free Killz
Diosu
Free Killz
Diosu

Excuse me, but many popular gaming companies don't allow that, especially those related to rpg, or social virtual worlds, your gender should automatically determine your character avi, and there is a good reason for it to be so.

Gaia isn't really a gaming site. The games on here are terrible and outdated. Even if it was, it's a backwater lesser known site that isn't really that popular. I remember when Gaia put ads in Shounen Jump for zOMG and that didn't really pay off. It's more of a forum community that talks about better games.

EDIT: I know, Gaia can be considered a game if you call it Gaia Monopoly, where everybody screws each other over to make a quick buck. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff