Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Cultist

Quote:
Marketplace Tax Increase

Hello again Gaians,

We wanted to let you know about a change we will be making to the Marketplace. We will be increasing the tax on item sales, moving from 3% to 5%. This will take effect on Friday, August 8, 2014. We believe that this increase will allow us to sink more gold while not significantly impacting your Marketplace experience.

We thank you for your understanding and thank you for using Gaia Online!

To quote Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: "What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?"

Why are they doing this? First it was 2%, then 3%, now 5%. I'm losing out of 50,000,000 million gold when I sell something for 1,000,000,000? Screw it, I'm taking my business to the auction forum.

UPDATE: I read your responses, and I wonder if you've bothered reading my later posts. Repeating myself, respectable Gaians views and analyses have successfully changed my opinion on the Market Place. And honestly, is there need to be rude? Everybody, and at all times, has their own opinion. I simply chose to voice mine, and at the time, it did come across as greedy. I apologize if anybody took offense to a post, but opinions happen. I thank everybody for their feedback, but I especially thank those who were kind with their words. It was their words that changed my opinion on the tax.

EDIT: No one is reading this.

Perfect Saint

Gold sink to control inflation. They stopped selling gold generators as well. Two measures to reduce the amount of gold in the economy. Won't fix overnight, but it's better than doing nothing.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I can't even..... lol

Shadowy Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Molniya Weisshart
▌WHY SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE☻

Wow, you must be really sad and lonely if you only care about the gold you're losing, instead of how much this'll help the economy heal. Beautiful. Please go to the exchange and never sell on the MP again.

☻WHEN YOU CAN MAKE SOMEONE SWALLOW THEIR TEETH ▌

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Greed is an ugly ugly thing...

Magic Warrior

It will help you out as well on the long run.
But yeah, exchange seems to be the best solution for you.

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
And here you can see the greed of gaians! emotion_facepalm

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
wah wah deflation is bad and i want our economy to be stuck in the trillions for the rest of gaias days

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I can understand people disagreeing with you, but the abusive language wasn't needed from them. The tax will hurt a little, it always has, but it will help deflate and stabilize the economy as well.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Holy crap... is it impossible to have an unpopular opinion without being immaturely ridiculed?

Anyways, I too am not a fan of the tax. I don't really care about losing an extra 2% when I list items in the marketplace, I just don't like the premise behind the tax increase. Gaia has gone a full year of gold generators and hasn't even taken any portion of responsibility for causing some of the inflation to begin with. It is kind of like a whiplash effect. Gaia heads down the tubes for so long and then we go in the other direction without an apology or a strategic plan of action. It's hard for me to just forget what Gaia has done to lead up to this point and just forgive. Gaia is largely guilty for inflation and I can't trust Gaia just like I wouldn't trust a freshly released inmate. We need time before we see whether or not this tax increase is really worth it. If gold generators come back, then it was all a publicity stunt.

Fluffy Bunny

Zandykins
Holy crap... is it impossible to have an unpopular opinion without being immaturely ridiculed?

Anyways, I too am not a fan of the tax. I don't really care about losing an extra 2% when I list items in the marketplace, I just don't like the premise behind the tax increase. Gaia has gone a full year of gold generators and hasn't even taken any portion of responsibility for causing some of the inflation to begin with. It is kind of like a whiplash effect. Gaia heads down the tubes for so long and then we go in the other direction without an apology or a strategic plan of action. It's hard for me to just forget what Gaia has done to lead up to this point and just forgive. Gaia is largely guilty for inflation and I can't trust Gaia just like I wouldn't trust a freshly released inmate. We need time before we see whether or not this tax increase is really worth it. If gold generators come back, then it was all a publicity stunt.

Agreed.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Zandykins

Yea, so let's just not add goldsinks and let Gaia's economy stay the same! Great freakin logic you got there...

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Zennethe
Zandykins

Yea, so let's just not add goldsinks and let Gaia's economy stay the same! Great freakin logic you got there...

Um, excuse me? There is absolutely no need to be rude. Where in my post did I imply that we should just let Gaia's economy stay the same?

Shadowy Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Zandykins
Zennethe
Zandykins

http://img.zd-cdn.net/anime/Mirai-Kuriyama_transp.png

Um, excuse me? There is absolutely no need to be rude. Where in my post did I imply that we should just let Gaia's economy stay the same?

Your utter lack in seeing Gaia's plan of action for one...

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Zennethe
Zandykins
Zennethe
Zandykins

http://img.zd-cdn.net/anime/Mirai-Kuriyama_transp.png

Your utter lack in seeing Gaia's plan of action for one...

I said Gaia didn't have a strategic plan for getting themselves out of being a year in a rut. All of this, "wait and see what happens" feels like rolling dice and never knowing what the outcome will be. That in itself does not imply that I want the Gaia economy to stay the same. You're just putting words in my mouth at this point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff