Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
While we have lots of nature and animal items on this site, ocean stuff is still a bit underrepresented. Sure, we have a pretty good amount of merpeople tails (thanks in large part to the recent Jolly Roger RIG) but we don't have a lot of stuff to go with them. I'd like some cool accessories, backgrounds, pets!

Marine animal pets: The amount of sea life companions on this site is very limited. We have a number of fish, a few otters, and only a handful of cetaceans. Personally I could go for...

Orcas (badass version preferred)
Belugas
Dolphins (of many different types; bottlenose, white-sided, dusky, etc.)
Vaquita (it's a critically endangered porpoise. Maybe it could be sold for cash as part of a charity thing, where some of the money goes to help research and recovery efforts)
Sawshark
Baleen whales (of various types)
Harbor porpoise
Seals and sea lions (perhaps a leopard seal?)

Backgrounds: We only have a couple of underwater backgrounds, which is really disappointing considering how much variety exists in the ocean.

Arctic Sea: A cool (literally!) background with dark water and some sea ice.

Kelp Forest: One of the most fascinating ecosystems on Earth, the kelp forest is an area with a high density of kelp. (some kelp can even get up to two hundred feet tall!) It is home to a variety of marine life. A kelp forest can be dark and spooky, or it can be bright and welcoming!

Aquarium: The avatar appears to be inside a large aquarium tank, possibly with aquarium visitors in the foreground. (maybe the visitors can be a second option?) The aquarium could be blank, or it could have rock structures or reefs or something.

Fish Bowl: Similar to the above, the avatar is in a fish bowl. The fish bowl could have some stuff in the background. Incidentally, this would be perfect for an animal item.

Shipwreck: This can come in a few varieties, like a pirate ship, a Titanic-style ship, or a military one.

Magrove Forest: Mangroves are trees that grow in water, sometimes even saltwater, and their massive roots are visible underwater. This would make a pretty cool background; I'd especially like one that's partially above and partially under water.

Animated Backgrounds: A wide variety of marine backgrounds, including the ones already suggested, could be animated. Some could feature marine life swimming in the background. An aquarium could have some photo flashes, like people are taking pictures. (though a photo flash might be better off as a separate item) I think a kelp forest would be the coolest, with kelp swaying softly in the current.

Clothing and Accessories:

More Merpeople Tails: Cause you can never have too many. emotion_awesome Having some based off different cetaceans would be pretty nice. What I'd really like is to see more multicolored ones.
Seashell bras
Scaly tops, bras
Tridents
Marine themed weapons: Hey, gotta fight off the sharks and rival mermaids somehow! I'd love to have swords, shields, harpoons, and other weapons that are decorated with shells and marine themed designs.

Recolors: Some recolor ideas for existing items.

Sirenia Atargatis is one of the few multi-colored mermaid tails, so some recolors would make me pretty happy. Personally I'm partial to red, or perhaps green and silver.

Abysmal Aria, same reason as the above. Personally I think having white with red would be nice, though I bet black with red or black with blue would be very popular.

Sea's Bones is a pretty badass item and I wouldn't mind a recolor. Maybe with whiter bones, or a different color for the fin.

Sunset Siren has gotten a large number of recolors, most based on different times of day, so I think I'll suggest one more: Midnight Siren! Purple tail and accessories, night-color background.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff