Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daring Red-Shirt

Wow...That's...that's really bad. : /

I've had ads disabled for awhile on this site. They take way too long to load and they make the site lag something awful. I also had several fairly annoying ads (video ads that auto-played or ads that would make extremely annoying sounds until you left the page or refreshed it). Plus their advertising is just rather intrusive as it is.

I did turn them off for a little while when they first released the new grants, but it made Gaia lag so bad, I got too frustrated. I didn't run into any virus or trojan problems - but I also have Norton installed. ...Which may be why I kept getting ads that wouldn't load at all, now that I think about it.

I do know that Gaia is the biggest reason I installed Firefox onto my cell phone. Firefox is the only mobile app that I know of that allows you to have an adblocker installed. Twice, within an hour or two, while browsing Gaia on my cell phone, I had pop ups come up that tried to install some kind of malware thing on my phone.

I'm never taking adblock off unless they get their stuff together. : / Sorry Gaia, but the safety of my laptop and cell phone take priority over giving you revenue for your ads.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Welp, my ABP just went back online for Gaia.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The ads are terrible. I want to support the site but when I'm getting malware via ads it pisses me off gaia!

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

I got the malware this past week and didn't know where I got it from. Now I know.
Luckily, I was able to get rid of it by uninstalling the add-ons it installed onto Chrome without me knowing.
And I only turned off Adblock for a couple of days, too. Served me right.
Now it's back on. Sorry Gaia.

Sugary Heart

That's... just sad. I know Gaia gets their ads in packages, but they need a new ad provider or something. gonk I hope a dev or something sees this thread.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
lil lemarine
im scurred.

Couple years back I got a virus that fuqed
My computer up so bad that I had to wipe the
whole system clean. Lost all my saved documents,
Assignments, essays, semester projects, everything.

That happened to me last year on Gaia.

My damn computer got so messed up it disabled malwarebytes, and posed as it. "couldn't find anything wrong". But couldn't open like most of my folders, deleted everything including
ALL MY BABY PICTURES/VIDEOS OF MY DAUGHTER.
(that was all I really cared about, tbh)
Had to system restore; took forever; didn't fix it.
Ended up having to factory reset the damn thing.
I had some backed up, but omfg I cannot express how pissed off I was.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
O.T.L.

Anyhoo, it's also worth noting that, according to Zero Omega, Gaia staff have never encountered malware from ads on the site (post here.) You may initiate your derisive laughter... wait for it... wait for it... NOW!

Five bucks says they browse Gaia with adblock+, noscript, ghostery, multiple anti-virus programs, possibly behind 7 proxies, etc.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

I have never had an issue with this before. what site are you looking at to see this?

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Jekkceo
I have never had an issue with this before. what site are you looking at to see this?
Link in the first post

Intellectual Sex Symbol

Dreko Windgates
Jekkceo
Link in the first post
I only see some blog not an official site so I am not going to believe this but if it is an issue then there are a few ways to protect it

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Jekkceo
Dreko Windgates
Jekkceo
Link in the first post
I only see some blog not an official site so I am not going to believe this but if it is an issue then there are a few ways to protect it

It's part of the official site for Malwarebyes , this is where they post all their latest security finds and articles. It's your choice and your computer if you don't want to believe it thats not my problem. I was just posting up some info for everyone to keep everyone informed.

hempnode's Queen

Accursed Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Dreko Windgates
Gaiaonline has been named by Malwarebytes as a site effected by Malvertising.

Malvertising involves injecting malicious or malware laden advertisements into legitimate online advertising networks and webpages.

This is a major issue , it has been said many MANY times before by countless users. You want us to turn off our Ab-Block but how can we when our computers are in danger of being effected!

----&Major malvertising campaign spreads Kovter Ad Fraud malware

User Image

I would love to be able to support Gaia through AD's but come on! Please FIX this!

I swear...lately it's been one thing after the other with Gaia...I love this site...I grew up with it butt how long must we wait before they will hear our unrest?

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Noretaku
Dreko Windgates

Malvertising involves injecting malicious or malware laden advertisements into legitimate online advertising networks and webpages.

This is a major issue , it has been said many MANY times before by countless users. You want us to turn off our Ab-Block but how can we when our computers are in danger of being effected!

User Image

I would love to be able to support Gaia through AD's but come on! Please FIX this!

I swear...lately it's been one thing after the other with Gaia...I love this site...I grew up with it butt how long must we wait before they will hear our unrest?

Never , unless it causes a decrease in their sales they wont do anything at all. crying

hempnode's Queen

Accursed Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Dreko Windgates
Noretaku
Dreko Windgates

User Image

Never , unless it causes a decrease in their sales they wont do anything at all. crying

Hmmm...well here's a question love, do they still sell gcash cards where you live? Here you have to buy...I think certain gift cards for like Walmart and similar stores and somehow convert that or something...see it's so confusing I don't even really know.

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Noretaku
Dreko Windgates
Noretaku
Dreko Windgates

User Image

Hmmm...well here's a question love, do they still sell gcash cards where you live? Here you have to buy...I think certain gift cards for like Walmart and similar stores and somehow convert that or something...see it's so confusing I don't even really know.[/quote

No they dont have those around here anymore, i used Paypay to get GC because it was easier

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff