Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
if the cause of the problem was a glitch in the system, and the solution to the problem is the removal of the stolen items from the site by literally deleting them, then....

why the hell are you also locking the accounts of users who had stolen items gifted to them? that doesn't seem fair, and doesn't seem to make any sense to me. and I highly doubt that another GC sale will make up for it. you keep taking 25% off of GC every day anyway.

you're punishing users for something that isn't their fault, and giving them nothing at all and calling it a compensation. why pretend you are making up for it?

Shy Cat

15,925 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Chieftain Twilight
if the cause of the problem was a glitch in the system, and the solution to the problem is the removal of the stolen items from the site by literally deleting them, then....

why the hell are you also locking the accounts of users who had stolen items gifted to them? that doesn't seem fair, and doesn't seem to make any sense to me. and I highly doubt that another GC sale will make up for it. you keep taking 25% off of GC every day anyway.

you're punishing users for something that isn't their fault, and giving them nothing at all and calling it a compensation. why pretend you are making up for it?
Maybe they're going to remove all the items and reimburse the gold you paid for them. So they don't want people trading them off to someone else and further complicating the mess.

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Chieftain Twilight

The lock might just be to make sure there wasn't other suspicious activity. (Someone hacks an account, gifts themselves everything, gets off scott free because only the first account was locked.) Also, to lock the account while they delete the items.

25% off GC is basically regular price at this point anyway. Just another reason for a "sale".

Hoarding Hoarder

They're still trying to get everything sorted out. If they find out you did nothing wrong or even send in a ticket explaining so, I'm sure they would unlock it.

Kawaii Spirit

Chieftain Twilight

They're doing it to sort out who did what, and to keep the dirty gold from spreading to other accounts.

Gaia don't know who's innocent. For all they know, more people were involved. They have to sort this out first. I mean, it sucks, but I can totally see why they're doing it.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Zillee
Chieftain Twilight

Maybe they're going to remove all the items and reimburse the gold you paid for them. So they don't want people trading them off to someone else and further complicating the mess.

@ emboldened and sizing: Standard procedure for just that reason. If they did not do that, it would create a bigger mess and the whole thing would take too long to resolve. They literally have to track down each and every illegal item and the subsequent transactions. It is not done by robots. It is done by humans.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Syesta

Zillee

mayakko

so then, are they going to freeze the accounts, delete the items, and unfreeze the accounts? because they didn't specify that, and I feel that if they are going to delete the items, then that should be the end of it. yeah, punishing the perpetrators would be great. but punishing innocent people because you don't know whether they are in on it or not is not a justified way of doing it.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Nyadriel
Zillee
Chieftain Twilight

@ emboldened and sizing: Standard procedure for just that reason. If they did not do that, it would create a bigger mess and the whole thing would take too long to resolve. They literally have to track down each and every illegal item and the subsequent transactions. It is not done by robots. It is done by humans.

and I get that, I really do.... but I feel like this punishes people who may very well have done no wrong. I guess it's mostly salt in the wound because they said that they are giving this pretend compensation as their way of saying sorry. it just infuriates me.

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Chieftain Twilight
Syesta

Zillee

mayakko

so then, are they going to freeze the accounts, delete the items, and unfreeze the accounts? because they didn't specify that, and I feel that if they are going to delete the items, then that should be the end of it. yeah, punishing the perpetrators would be great. but punishing innocent people because you don't know whether they are in on it or not is not a justified way of doing it.

That's generally what happens.

They don't have to specify it. If your account was one, send them a ticket. If you're just observing, quite frankly it's none of your business. It's between the locked account owners and Gaia.

In order to delete the items, they have to lock the accounts. Dirty gold gets spread quickly and if something was bought/sold and then sold again they have to go through all those transactions. They're not "punishing" anyone by locking accounts for clean up.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Chieftain Twilight

I think you're misunderstanding. In order to punish the"perpetrators" they have to follow the lead of each item bought and sold illegally. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but it's the only way they can sort everything out.

Let me give you an example. Cashier A, B, C, D, and E were all on one register. Cashier C shorted the register. In order to find out Cashier C shorted the register the manager has to go through Cashier A, B, C, D and E's transactions.

Kawaii Spirit

Chieftain Twilight

My point is that they don't know who's innocent so they have to lock everyone out of their accounts until they can figure it out.

Stubborn Gifter

Chieftain Twilight

Yes. They will restore the trading pass once the stolen items are removed. And I'm pretty sure they will deliver a PM to inform what happen.

And they're not "punishing" innocents. It's as everyone said. Gaia freezes the accounts to keep the mess from spreading. Think of it as a virus and you use the anti-virus program to "freeze" it from spreading into your computer or if someone is having the chicken pox and the person has to quarantine that person to keep the sickness from spreading.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Jisen Meizuki
Chieftain Twilight

Yes. They will restore the trading pass once the stolen items are removed. And I'm pretty sure they will deliver a PM to inform what happen.

And they're not "punishing" innocents. It's as everyone said. Gaia freezes the accounts to keep the mess from spreading. Think of it as a virus and you use the anti-virus program to "freeze" it from spreading into your computer or if someone is having the chicken pox and the person has to quarantine that person to keep the sickness from spreading.

they didn't say that the locked accounts will only be temporarily locked.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Chieftain Twilight
Nyadriel
Zillee
Chieftain Twilight

and I get that, I really do.... but I feel like this punishes people who may very well have done no wrong. I guess it's mostly salt in the wound because they said that they are giving this pretend compensation as their way of saying sorry. it just infuriates me.

It's to protect you and everyone else (including potential victims)

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Syesta
Chieftain Twilight
Syesta

Zillee

mayakko

That's generally what happens.

They don't have to specify it. If your account was one, send them a ticket. If you're just observing, quite frankly it's none of your business. It's between the locked account owners and Gaia.

In order to delete the items, they have to lock the accounts. Dirty gold gets spread quickly and if something was bought/sold and then sold again they have to go through all those transactions. They're not "punishing" anyone by locking accounts for clean up.

if they don't unlock them afterwards, yes they are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff