Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
So I'm sure a lot of you are aware that the store prices for some of the H&R items have been increased while the shop is closed. I'm disappointed but not surprised; Gaia has been doing lots of things they said they wouldn't do. But what bugs me is that it's going to make things difficult for newbies. One of the things that kept me on Gaia was that it was very newbie-friendly. I could make a nice avatar and have lots and lots of gold shop options. Today, the inflation has gone crazy thanks to gold generators, but most free gold generating features on this site haven't been updated to catch up. If you're going to raise the GS prices, I suggest updating the gold generating features so the new users can purchase items without buying GC. You won't get many new users sticking around if they have to spend real money to buy stuff. Most people aren't gonna buy virtual items for a site they just joined.

Perfect Saint

Seems to balance out the gold they get from the DC now. Maybe, they intend to raise the payout of other games as well? They definitely do not look like they intend to fix inflation anyway.

Dapper Noob

Don't forget that the newbies these days have free Charms coming out of DC that they can sell for around 10 mil each, and Old Crumpled Newspapers that are selling at 1.5 mil a piece. They'll be able to afford it (as long as they aren't lazy).

Fuzzy Dragon

New accounts are granted 1 million gold when they start.
The welcome fairy pms you daily with gold links.
Bugs, inks and some trash are going for high rates right now.
Daily chance give outs are higher.
People are generous and give out gold and items to others in the forums.
Not to mention the dumpster dive (philosopher's caches and some good items on occasion)
Its not hard to get gold if you want to. You may have to look like a noob until your trading pass goes active but that is only a few days.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Super_Ninja_kun

New accounts aren't granted with 1mil (not that 1mil means anything these days)? I created this account like a week+ ago and didn't get 1mil. The welcome fairy PMs only grant 3k each. DC doesn't seem too high (most I got so far was 20k), it's merely adjusted to inflation, so the gold you get from DC is similar to the gold you got back in the day. Basically yeah, best way for a newcomer to get going is gaining help by other people by them giving items/gold to you, because the current free ways aren't adjusted well enough to fit today's inflation, doesn't make it better for the gold shops to raise until the gap between free vs pay are more close together, though.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
marshmallowcreampie
So I'm sure a lot of you are aware that the store prices for some of the H&R items have been increased while the shop is closed. I'm disappointed but not surprised; Gaia has been doing lots of things they said they wouldn't do. But what bugs me is that it's going to make things difficult for newbies. One of the things that kept me on Gaia was that it was very newbie-friendly. I could make a nice avatar and have lots and lots of gold shop options. Today, the inflation has gone crazy thanks to gold generators, but most free gold generating features on this site haven't been updated to catch up. If you're going to raise the GS prices, I suggest updating the gold generating features so the new users can purchase items without buying GC. You won't get many new users sticking around if they have to spend real money to buy stuff. Most people aren't gonna buy virtual items for a site they just joined.

In regards to H&R price updates, we don't know if these are legit or definite as the shop is not back in place and there has not been word from an admin about these changes as of yet (not from any threads i've seen)
At this point the price changes could still be a glitch. (until confirmed otherwise)

In regards to making money on gaia, that is easy to do without gold generators, sure you may not get into the billions straight away but it is still do-able.

With the introduction of charms and the fact that they are in DC, people can either sell these or gain them and redeem for items to then sell. Some chance items are even available through charms.

Ink/bugs/trash sell for quite a pretty penny and are available through towns or DC.
DC itself has had the gold increased in it.
We also have the dumpster dive where people can lurk and get free stuff from to either use or sell quite easily.
Even if its caches, these can still sell for 5-10k easily.

Getting gold isn't hard if you are actually trying. we don't need to blame the cash shop.

EDIT; I do however agree that the old games like word bump and the like should prolly have the gold increase cause 100G is not much.

Generous Bunny

It's not confirmed that the prices are going up.
Seeing is believing, after all.

Furthermore, everyone's listed many ways that you can earn gold.
It's slow at first, yes, but it's possible without spending money.
Patience, charities, giveaways, etc.
Utilize them.

Fuzzy Dragon

Amia-Chan
It's not confirmed that the prices are going up.
Seeing is believing, after all.

Furthermore, everyone's listed many ways that you can earn gold.
It's slow at first, yes, but it's possible without spending money.
Patience, charities, giveaways, etc.
Utilize them.
It may not be confirmed but the store price of items on the mp from there have changed. If they aren't raising the prices then why did they change?

Generous Bunny

Super_Ninja_kun
It may not be confirmed but the store price of items on the mp from there have changed. If they aren't raising the prices then why did they change?

My only guess would be a glitch...? Gaia + Glitches go hand in hand.
I really don't know.

If prices are rising, then, at the very least, Gaia should have told us before hand.
A staff notice or something. Instead of using a Kickstarter to hide what they're doing.
That's shady.

Fuzzy Dragon

Amia-Chan
Super_Ninja_kun

My only guess would be a glitch...? Gaia + Glitches go hand in hand.
I really don't know.

If prices are rising, then, at the very least, Gaia should have told us before hand.
A staff notice or something. Instead of using a Kickstarter to hide what they're doing.
That's shady.

If its a glitch fine. Gaia does seem to run rampant with those, and Ill have no issues with it. I hope it is but their practices lately have been shady and it does not look good.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Myrielle
Seems to balance out the gold they get from the DC now. Maybe, they intend to raise the payout of other games as well? They definitely do not look like they intend to fix inflation anyway.

It absolutely would not balance out the gold they get from the DC. I've gone this over in another thread- the prospective prices that have been reported so far are too high when compared to the DC payout. Louie's vest was raised to something around 700k. There's 8 pages per day to claim the daily chance on, not all of which will payout gold (let alone a decent amount of it), and not all newbies understand what it does or that it's something they need to be doing.
Assuming each of the 8 chances pays out 7,500g, it would take 11.66 days to get the 700k vest alone (rounding so probably more days than that). It'd take them a month+ to make an outfit from HR.
If they intend to increase the payout of other things, it's moving very slowly. Post rewards, kicking things in towns, and to some extent even the items you get from playing the games don't really get you anything; and people who are new to the site aren't going to know how to play the market with the game items anyway. They could boost the value of the game items by adding more items to exchange them for, but that's got a snowball's chance in hell of happening it feels like.

If they wanted to goldsink with gold shops, we've already got Dernier Cri.
Which barely has half of a page.

And no, it doesn't look like they intend to fix the inflation. Not at all.

Perfect Saint

Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle

It absolutely would not balance out the gold they get from the DC. I've gone this over in another thread- the prospective prices that have been reported so far are too high when compared to the DC payout. Louie's vest was raised to something around 700k. There's 8 pages per day to claim the daily chance on, not all of which will payout gold (let alone a decent amount of it), and not all newbies understand what it does or that it's something they need to be doing.
Assuming each of the 8 chances pays out 7,500g, it would take 11.66 days to get the 700k vest alone (rounding so probably more days than that). It'd take them a month+ to make an outfit from HR.
If they intend to increase the payout of other things, it's moving very slowly. Post rewards, kicking things in towns, and to some extent even the items you get from playing the games don't really get you anything; and people who are new to the site aren't going to know how to play the market with the game items anyway. They could boost the value of the game items by adding more items to exchange them for, but that's got a snowball's chance in hell of happening it feels like.

If they wanted to goldsink with gold shops, we've already got Dernier Cri.
Which barely has half of a page.

And no, it doesn't look like they intend to fix the inflation. Not at all.
How much was Louie's vest before the price increase and how much do people used to earn gold from the DC? How long would they have had to wait to get one of those vests? More than 11.66 days? Less than 11.66 days? Exactly 11.66 days?

Generous Bunny

Rosalind Hawk

I tend to make on average ~ 100k a day with DC alone.
I might investigate this on a mule and see exactly how much one can make in a 7 day period (one week) with purely DC.

You should also note that BG now offers 500k a day - while it's hardly anything compared to what it used to be, there's that, if one has the patience and ability to play.

zOMG is being revamped and worked on (supposedly), but I'm hoping that the cap goes up for that as well. Assuming it's capped at 500k a day as well - that's still 1mil a day.
That's quite a lot compared to the "old days" when I first started.

Or maybe back then i just sucked at questing and saving gold. lol
I remember it used to take a week to make 1mil for me personally.
(keep in mind, I was in high school and never purchased gc either).

Greedy Fatcat

I'm a frequent visitor of the welcome forum and the chairity/ quests forum, and i can say that the newbies aren't struggling at all with gold shop items. Many users are very generous, giveaways have taken over cb and they're getting alot from daily chance alone.

Plus, higher gold shop prices= more gold sunk.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
guns and wings
Super_Ninja_kun

New accounts aren't granted with 1mil (not that 1mil means anything these days)?.

If you're referred by another member and join.** (that is when you get 1mil.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff