Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

That's why you stick with mid level heals at 10k a pop that give you a 150 spirit points. It's more cost efficient, and gives you more points in the long run. So at least in this part there's definitely a bit more strategy going on...

As for the games I don't like them. I don't want to lose gold since I don't have much to begin with. It's also because the item that we could win in the spinning wheel was a disappointment. I got a star charm, I've read others getting gold shop stuff...

On one hand I'm glad it's not new game items that'd make it nearly impossible for most anyone to get but at the same time it's a disappointment. I don't know if I like the gold sink games since the event has moves that you pay gold with...(and that's a gold sink as well especially those who want to attack--100k/1 million for the midlevel and high attacks )

Sparkling Loverboy

i agree. i've just been doing the free attacks
but like...
there arent even any items or achievements or anything
so, like, what's the point?

Unstoppable Krampus

Adnama Lavode
Should add #5: Give us goals. There's literally nothing motivating me to do anything else in the event because there's no achievements or item prizes. This event goes on for more than a week and I'm already bored with it. There needs to be some goals.

I'm stopping until I get some goals. It's a waste of gold otherwise.

Agreed. I have no reason to be interested on an individual level, and unless they suddenly announce the winning team will get a super amazing prize at the end, on a group level either.

The games are really boring as well. The ones that actually work, there's no skill or any real involvement at all. You just click one button and that's it. Your prize is either gold, which sorta defeats the whole gold sink purpose; a gold shop item, which you could have bought on your own for much cheaper at any time; maybe a GF charm if you're lucky, which doesn't even include the event-exclusive one; or spirit points, which are totally useless to an individual player. When the kickstarter had games as rewards, I assumed they were already made or almost finished and they were just using the event as a big debut. But really, it seems more like they were just slapped together in a rush at the last minute.

User Image

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Twisted Lady
Adnama Lavode
Should add #5: Give us goals. There's literally nothing motivating me to do anything else in the event because there's no achievements or item prizes. This event goes on for more than a week and I'm already bored with it. There needs to be some goals.

Agreed. I have no reason to be interested on an individual level, and unless they suddenly announce the winning team will get a super amazing prize at the end, on a group level either.

The games are really boring as well. The ones that actually work, there's no skill or any real involvement at all. You just click one button and that's it. Your prize is either gold, which sorta defeats the whole gold sink purpose; a gold shop item, which you could have bought on your own for much cheaper at any time; maybe a GF charm if you're lucky, which doesn't even include the event-exclusive one; or spirit points, which are totally useless to an individual player. When the kickstarter had games as rewards, I assumed they were already made or almost finished and they were just using the event as a big debut. But really, it seems more like they were just slapped together in a rush at the last minute.

User Image

That was what I was afraid of. I remember during the kickstarter thinking and wondering that if the ending the kickstarter and the beginning of the event was going to be not that long then how could the developer have enough time to make the games? It couldn't be that they'd already had the games developed... because that'd negate the need of a kickstarter...

So as a result we get these games...I don't like that we earn spirit points from them since I can earn them far more easily healing others (over attacking). Then there's the fact that the items we do get has been lackluster. I managed to get a star charm but someone else got a gold shop item... sweatdrop

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Twisted Lady
Adnama Lavode

User Image
I was thinking they probably used the kickstarter to stall for time so they could finish the event itself. It seems bare bones compared to other events and it still took way longer than people anticipated to get started.

Not having things together when the event starts is pretty detrimental to the rest of the event too. If they introduce achievements too late into the event (it's getting close to too late), people won't have time to do them depending on how difficult they make them. They also probably wouldn't tell us how to get the achievements, as I think Uncle Kenny was the only one to really take the initiative to help us out like that.

Basically, this event has the coordination of a high school group project.

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm disappointed by the event, I believe it could use these:

- Event Items that you can earn by earning spirit points, or the number of attacks/kills/heals you make.
- Achievements for reaching a certain amount of spirit points and for kills and heals etc.
- A header at the top of the forum (we've had this for events in the past) that has your stats and health listed.
- A battle log that shows your heals/kills/attacks that can be accessed through the header.
- To be able to know many spirit points you've earned for the team.
- The spinning and balloon games have a poor payout, and event exclusive items should be added to them. Spinning for a stupid star charm or heart charm at 5m ea isn't worth it when I could buy one on the mp and probably spend less.

Just some sort of INCENTIVE is needed, because I've gotten bored really quickly with it since there is nothing to work for. Usually I do these things to earn an achievement or an event item and there's none this event.

Also not to keen on the flash space opening in another window every time I want to attack.

Quotable Ally

I want to add that I also hate everything opening in a new window.
Gaia is already so load-heavy that my computer lags half the time just browsing the site... even with the ads blocked. neutral
this is the worst event i've ever seen here.

******** blows.

5 or whatever goldsinks in a row then this bullshit.........

57,900 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
this event blows

57,900 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
R0RA
I want to add that I also hate everything opening in a new window.
Gaia is already so load-heavy that my computer lags half the time just browsing the site... even with the ads blocked. neutral

yes!!! and it shoots you back up to the top of the page (for me at least). It's really annoying emotion_donotwant

makes everything lag emotion_8c

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
        Honestly? I picked a side at the start of the event and that was it. I haven't bothered with any of the games and I'm pretty tired of "omgbattleyus" events anyway, adding to that the complete lack of incentive makes this event not worth my time or effort at all.

What is the point of an event if you don't earn anything or work towards a goal? This feels like a rushed uncoordinated last minute attempt to appease the Gaia masses.

Quotable Ally

Same, I joined a side but I haven't even posted in the event forum. I peeked in like once, but I have better things to spend my time on that are actually rewarding and fun.
Like Tales of Xillia 2

The NPCs aren't even interesting... I have zero reason to care about this event.
Not ALL of the event items should be in the Cash Shop. neutral

57,900 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items