Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
A Wandering Houngan
Lord Elwrind
And to do that, they need... money!

Are you people even aware of the starting pay for Devs and anyone else that does technical work in the corporate world? Starting pay is $60 - $70 a year. A YEAR! That does not even include health/dental insurance/benefits. This is why GaiaOnline does not have the Devs they need and why things are not getting done as fast as it otherwise could.
So I keep wondering why people keep bitching about the business aspect of this and every other site that must make an income - even better if making a profit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Many people here know that Gaia needs to make income to keep running, and of course profiting is always the best. But Gaia's business practices of late are beyond shitty, and the money being spent doesn't seem to be put back into fixing or improving THIS site. Tentacl's existence is not needed, and Gaia is using our money to fund that s**t hole while continuing to wreck this site and leave it to rot.

This is why people are bitching.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

I dunno what the other (few ) Devs do (except some are doing the backend stuff for zOMG for some time), but they got ONE person doing Towns and Events. I dunno what else he does. But he is only one person and cannot do it all.
The Beach Party has begun. We got manga and GoFusion (where did that even come from? )

Business practices are causing a lot of "buyer's fatigue" and somebody obviously has no idea what that is or they would have changed their tactics months ago when I started to warn them about it. I am a 53 year old and from a Customer side of view, I know well what I am talking about. Just because they have a collage degree in business, does not mean he knows what they are doing. Pretty obvious. And not listening to consumers IS bad business practice. Unfortunately, money talks and we got people putting their money on the wrong stuff and not enough on the right stuff (if more put it on the right stuff, maybe items would not be so ridiculously rare)

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
KittieCupcakes
Lord Elwrind
KittieCupcakes
Lord Elwrind
Emo Vampire Panda818
... This whole site needs to be reworked

Are you people even aware of the starting pay for Devs and anyone else that does technical work in the corporate world? Starting pay is $60 - $70 a year. A YEAR! That does not even include health/dental insurance/benefits. This is why GaiaOnline does not have the Devs they need and why things are not getting done as fast as it otherwise could.
So I keep wondering why people keep bitching about the business aspect of this and every other site that must make an income - even better if making a profit.
$60 - $70 a year? Ouch. No wonder people are poor. wink
On topic, Gaia is squeezing more than enough money out of adolescents and we all know it. The problem is they're not putting that money and their resources back into the parts of the site that need actual work. How about instead of designing/coding/doing the artwork/making poor quality items for the "Kickstarters" or other features that no one wants (GoFusion) they actually fix the s**t they've been promising they'd fix? Like the inventory arranger or alchemy or homes....
The point is, if a site/business is interested in staying in business in the long term, it needs to make smart decisions about where to put the money it earns and ways to make that money that don't anger its customers. Gaia is doing neither of those things, so why should anyone continue to give them money? They have shown that they are grossly incompetent.
In the same way they wouldn't give money to a junkie who obviously has no interest in getting clean and contributing to society in a meaningful way, many people on this site are not willing to just hand over their money to a company who has shown that they don't know what they're doing.

You are under the wrong impression that Devs also do all the artwork. Ummmm... no. Without the Artists, there would be nothing to put into the CS or anywhere else. Nothing in the CS means no means of income. No income, no Devs or Artists and etc.
And I need to reiterate myself. They do NOT Have enough Devs to do everything there needs to be done. Especially in the short amount of time you want it done.
Artists are also the ones that do the stuff for the Gold Shops. Not the Devs.
So how about you make up your damned mind and decide whether or not you want these things done and stop bitching about gCash and what Artists do.
I can't tell if you're not understanding intentionally or not.
Of course I'm aware that Davs and Artists are two different jobs with two different tasks. I'm saying that the company as a whole should be putting more of its fiscal resources towards the Devs, and less to the marketing department, which is really only serving to piss off its users and drive them away from the product. If Gaia was actually interested in making money long-term it would listen to the features that its users want, like RIGs instead of GGs, updates to alchemy rather than a whole new system, and work and updates on this site rather than Tentacl. They're using the money they're making poorly, and that reduces consumer confidence, thus earning them less money.
I'm not saying people shouldn't buy GC. I understand that Gaia is a company that needs to make money. However people who do not support the direction the company is going should not be pressured into buying it or rebuked (for lack of a better word) by other users for not buying it. Most Gaians are reasonable people, and we've realized that the only voice we have on here now is our wallets. Either Gaia starts listening to its users desires and starts putting its money in the right places or it goes under when more people finally get tired of the bullshit.

I brought it up like that because it looks like you are suggesting that they get rid of their Artists and/or any way they have in offering things for revenue (cause they dont have enough Artists to start with either), and hire more Devs instead. Some people may read your comments as such. (not to mention that some people actually dont know what Devs and Artists do and would only get confused). Not enough Staff means things go really really slow.
They really do need to stop repeating their GC sales several times a day. It's not like anyone needs to be reminded of what's in there and stuff. We aren't people that have Alzheimer's or other brain disorders that affect our memories. And announcing the things they should be announcing is either lacking or really late. That's just not right either.
And Tentacle should be making their own revenue by now.

Also, we are severely lacking in sponsorships these days. We have had many missed opportunities because apparently the upper management knows nothing about Gaia's userbase or our interests.
(currently missing out on TMNT, Dragon Ball, something something I can't remember offhand, various video games)
Now I grant you that I dont see the ads for these. But I dont see anyone talking about them either. And when was the last time we've seen NPC Dash doing anything other than a couple of books once in a blue moon? It's just lame, imo. Yes yes, I know. They "sponsors come to them". But they don't seem to go seeking either.

There is a lot that is way off since Gaia hired Wallstreet corporate guys that dont know how to handle small businesses or dont seem to know what the Spirit of this site is.

Edit: we just got another commercial announcement. I swear!

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lord Elwrind

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Many people here know that Gaia needs to make income to keep running, and of course profiting is always the best. But Gaia's business practices of late are beyond shitty, and the money being spent doesn't seem to be put back into fixing or improving THIS site. Tentacl's existence is not needed, and Gaia is using our money to fund that s**t hole while continuing to wreck this site and leave it to rot.

This is why people are bitching.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Sparkly Fairy

User Image

It would be nice to have all the animal items in one shop. We have shops for other themes/types of things, why not one especially for the animal avs. Makes the most sense to me. But then what makes sense to me, probably doesnt to them.

Also, we've been waiting forever for the inventory arranger to be updated. Dont tell me they have no time to squeeze in to update some basic functioning things. they sure updated and got that gold cap removed fast enough. and yeah i know neither are really related to each other, but still.

Take care of some of the basic stuff on the site to keep people here instead of just focusing on cash cash cash, whats gonna make us more cash.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lord Elwrind
KittieCupcakes
Lord Elwrind
Emo Vampire Panda818

On topic, Gaia is squeezing more than enough money out of adolescents and we all know it. The problem is they're not putting that money and their resources back into the parts of the site that need actual work. How about instead of designing/coding/doing the artwork/making poor quality items for the "Kickstarters" or other features that no one wants (GoFusion) they actually fix the s**t they've been promising they'd fix? Like the inventory arranger or alchemy or homes....
The point is, if a site/business is interested in staying in business in the long term, it needs to make smart decisions about where to put the money it earns and ways to make that money that don't anger its customers. Gaia is doing neither of those things, so why should anyone continue to give them money? They have shown that they are grossly incompetent.
In the same way they wouldn't give money to a junkie who obviously has no interest in getting clean and contributing to society in a meaningful way, many people on this site are not willing to just hand over their money to a company who has shown that they don't know what they're doing.

You are under the wrong impression that Devs also do all the artwork. Ummmm... no. Without the Artists, there would be nothing to put into the CS or anywhere else. Nothing in the CS means no means of income. No income, no Devs or Artists and etc.
And I need to reiterate myself. They do NOT Have enough Devs to do everything there needs to be done. Especially in the short amount of time you want it done.
So how about you make up your damned mind and decide whether or not you want these things done and stop bitching about gCash and what Artists do.
I can't tell if you're not understanding intentionally or not.
Of course I'm aware that Davs and Artists are two different jobs with two different tasks. I'm saying that the company as a whole should be putting more of its fiscal resources towards the Devs, and less to the marketing department, which is really only serving to piss off its users and drive them away from the product. If Gaia was actually interested in making money long-term it would listen to the features that its users want, like RIGs instead of GGs, updates to alchemy rather than a whole new system, and work and updates on this site rather than Tentacl. They're using the money they're making poorly, and that reduces consumer confidence, thus earning them less money.
I'm not saying people shouldn't buy GC. I understand that Gaia is a company that needs to make money. However people who do not support the direction the company is going should not be pressured into buying it or rebuked (for lack of a better word) by other users for not buying it. Most Gaians are reasonable people, and we've realized that the only voice we have on here now is our wallets. Either Gaia starts listening to its users desires and starts putting its money in the right places or it goes under when more people finally get tired of the bullshit.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
KittieCupcakes
Lord Elwrind
Emo Vampire Panda818

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
shakierarox
Teabo Milk Tea
shakierarox
Teabo Milk Tea
I think it was said at Fanime that codemonkey will work on expansion to Houses once he has free time.

Don't forget the inventory arranger, commencing work after our... Summer event...? Did Gaia just forget about it or something? zzz

We still have August. Gaia has held summer events in August before (see: 2k7: summer festival, 2k9: Camp Chaos, and 2k10: Frontier Skies.

Still... They could finish awarding the prizes from the first "Kickstarters" before putting out more. Just seems like the smart business decision to me. /shrug

Reapersun said she's gonna harass her coworkers to get the prizes from the other Kickstarters out as soon as possible. Let's see how well her "harassing" works (reaper can't award the prizes herself, though, since she wasn't involved with the other Kickstarters besides the Hidden Tome one).

Timid Regular

Teabo Milk Tea
shakierarox
Teabo Milk Tea
I think it was said at Fanime that codemonkey will work on expansion to Houses once he has free time.

Don't forget the inventory arranger, commencing work after our... Summer event...? Did Gaia just forget about it or something? zzz

We still have August. Gaia has held summer events in August before (see: 2k7: summer festival, 2k9: Camp Chaos, and 2k10: Frontier Skies.

Still... They could finish awarding the prizes from the first "Kickstarters" before putting out more. Just seems like the smart business decision to me. /shrug

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
shakierarox
Teabo Milk Tea

Timid Regular

Teabo Milk Tea

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'd like to see them use tabs in the cash shop like they do with the gold shops.

Eg. One of limited items, one for rigs etc etc so it's much easier to see what's actually in there. To me it's a giant mess.

I guess the difference between loyals and DC is that people still have trouble accessing loyals. They need to fix that counter.
Hasuki Aatisuto
Gaia, here's an idea.

Why don't you just convert all gold prices to GC and make it you can only buy items with GC in the gold shops?

Let's see if Gaia does THAT, as it is actually something that can earn them money and pretty much the only feedback they'd listen to nowadays.

Oh spirits, no!!!!! gonk

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Hasuki Aatisuto
Gaia, here's an idea.

Why don't you just convert all gold prices to GC and make it you can only buy items with GC in the gold shops?

Let's see if Gaia does THAT, as it is actually something that can earn them money and pretty much the only feedback they'd listen to nowadays.

Don't they have that for most of the shops already (except LB/D*C, because they're supposed to be "gold only" )?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Yes gold shops need an update as well as other parts of the site. Quantity to buy option would be very nice. I love all of those suggestions. I don't use marketplace that much anymore, so I couldn't care less about the 1784917839238568322374963467+ announcements or the clutter in cash shop. I like the gold shops and games and I think both deserve to get new items. Then again I doubt Gaia would do anything to make Gaians happy with the 30% user drop rate since last year. I think they forgot something called balance when it comes to working on every aspect of their site, not just their cash shop. xd I really couldn't care less about how much money Gaia makes. It's a private company, I'm not an investor, I'm an user. All I care about is the service I'm getting from their so called "social gaming" site from an entertainment aspect. So Gaia is lacking in providing a decent service and I think lack of basic stuff in gold shops and decent customer service is badly needed on the site. If I wanted to be on a site that only cares about avatars, I'd use a MMO or Sims or tektek more than Gaia. As much as I'd love there to be more avatar items in gold shops, I'd like it more if there were items in rallies, towns, zOMG!, fishing, and aquarium to buy more. There is only so many items you can buy for your avatar before it gets boring fast.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Gaia, here's an idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff