Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not sure if this was suggested/requested already but do you like the idea of having a bank around here in Gaia?

There's this bank where you can deposit some of your golds, interest can help increase your money, then go shopping with discounted items courtesy of the bank, get a housing loan or car loan... So many great possibilities await! exclaim exclaim exclaim
This has been suggested too many times to count. x.x; But anywho, there's too much of a risk for glitched with losing/gaining too much gold. Plus it's pointless.
It's not going to work.

Interest would create an even larger gap between the rich and the poor.

A poor person deposits 500 gold, rich person deposits 5,000.

Interest is 5%.

Poor person gets 25 extra gold, while the rich gets 250. And it increase and increases until the rich get an INSANE amount of gold.
It's been suggested lots. LOTS.

Savings account = Good Idea

Savings account with interest = Impractical-- not ever going to happen.

Discounted item shopping is impractical. It'd be abused and people would make a profit.

You don't need a loan to get a house. We don't have cars.

'Nuff said x.x
i dont really like the idea of having a bank. i mean, what if something happened like a glitch or something, and the bank stole all the gold you deposited?
too many times? should have been around earlier when i saw gaia online in the search results.

well, because im a newbie and does not have enough gold to buy something flashy, making lots of gold is on top of my head so that should explain it. but i dont think the bank would steal your gold for it would run under gaia's management, ayumi.

but i dont think it could make a gap. *shrugs* 'nuff said. i'll just leave it to the admins. neutral

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
What if you want a real expensive item, and you can't afford it? What if you take out a loan to get it and then any gold you earn goes to the bank until you're paid up. You can't buy anything or trade with any users until you have paid your debt, but you can sell items to stores. Good?
Scheneider
too many times? should have been around earlier when i saw gaia online in the search results.

well, because im a newbie and does not have enough gold to buy something flashy, making lots of gold is on top of my head so that should explain it. but i dont think the bank would steal your gold for it would run under gaia's management, ayumi.

but i dont think it could make a gap. *shrugs* 'nuff said. i'll just leave it to the admins. neutral

No, they meant that because Gaia is so glitchy, you could very well LOSE the gold deposited in your bank account. And the save data could be lost, as well.

And yes, interest WILL create a huge gap;

Rice person has 25,000 gold in bank. Poor person has 2,500 in bank.

Interest = Say...5%?

Rich gets 1250, while the poor gets just 125.

That means the rich has 26,250, and the poor has 2,625.

Next week, Rich gets an extra 1,313 (Rounded up) and now has 27,563 and the poor gets 131 (Round to the nearest whole), meaning they just get 2,756. And eventually, the other gets so much gold a week, it's insane.

EDIT: And Houses are FREE. The upgrade, however, is 20,000.
And we have no cars. And I hope we'll NEVER get them.
No, it wont work
Scheneider

but there were some glitches where some ppl lost things.you never know. it could happen. i still think a bank is not a good idea
You dont need one.
Suggested for the 2458245903th time.
No, and it gets suggested about 3 times a week.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff