Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold generators are never going to be okay. The first ask the staff post seemed to imply that that gold generators would be made to work with the economy, but that is impossible. Just because they've been released before, doesn't make them any less terrible. Releasing gold generators is still as horrible a thing as it was when it was Flynn's booty. People still want them to stop as much as ever. People don't complain as much, but only because of how hopeless they have become.

Stop releasing gold generators, please. The total cessation of gold generators would turn this terrible site into an okay site.

Ice-Cold Star

Distinct Hunter

Dapper Noob

Haven't you heard? They're "unable" to remove them, since they've shoved them so far up the site's a** already. Apparently any attempts to remove gold generators will lead to immediate site death...or something.

rolleyes

(This post is about 99.9% facetiousness).
As it is, the Gaia economy is based entirely on gold generators. Where else can one get any significant amount of gold? When you sell thing on the market, almost certainly all of the gold you receive originated from such an item. It's absolutely sickening.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Skullmizer
As it is, the Gaia economy is based entirely on gold generators. Where else can one get any significant amount of gold? When you sell thing on the market, almost certainly all of the gold you receive originated from such an item. It's absolutely sickening.

Seriously. It's common for sites like this to sell the normal currency for cash, and that's one thing that always set Gaia apart. But not only did they bring that, they brought it BADLY. The generators give you such an obscene amount of gold for such a small amount of cash. And because Gaia wanted to keep selling them at a high rate, they had to increase the amounts of gold each time to keep up with the economy that they were continuing to ruin. It's completely insane, and I can't imagine a lot of newbies are sticking around long these days since spending cash is basically required to get any gold at this point.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
At least these give you a choice in either gold or charms since we can't get charms any other way from the CS.

Fashionable Explorer

User Image

The site is literally at the point where no one can afford anything anymore without buying Cash or gold generators... How is a newbie/someone who doesn't buy Cash supposed to make 1 bil to buy, let's say, art, breedables or anything in the MC?
Even 1 mil actually doesn't get you anywhere anymore unless you buy gold shop items only.

bunnieberry's Love Of My Life

Generous Donator

15,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
l BitterSweet l
User Image

The site is literally at the point where no one can afford anything anymore without buying Cash or gold generators... How is a newbie/someone who doesn't buy Cash supposed to make 1 bil to buy, let's say, art, breedables or anything in the MC?
Even 1 mil actually doesn't get you anywhere anymore unless you buy gold shop items only.

It's really sad because A: The gold gens are a huge freaking problem and it's only because people want the "easy gold" that they'll shell out real money for gold gens and it hikes up prices so badly that no one can do anything. just a few days ago they uped the booty grab to 5mil just so people can get a decent amount of gold off of it and that's sad.

Fashionable Explorer

ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
User Image

It's really sad because A: The gold gens are a huge freaking problem and it's only because people want the "easy gold" that they'll shell out real money for gold gens and it hikes up prices so badly that no one can do anything. just a few days ago they uped the booty grab to 5mil just so people can get a decent amount of gold off of it and that's sad.

When I took a break from Gaia (around 2009 I believe?), sealed envelopes were 10k! Imagine my surprise when I returned a few weeks ago to Gaia, with 32k to my name, and checked out the MP to see what new MCs I could buy.

I had no idea what gaia cash, cash shops, or gold generators were when I came back... Their gold sinks and selling more gold generators/booty grab shows that don't actually care about the economy and they just want to make more money off the users that are willing to buy generators and sink that gold for the achievements.

Generous Donator

15,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
User Image

When I took a break from Gaia (around 2009 I believe?), sealed envelopes were 10k! Imagine my surprise when I returned a few weeks ago to Gaia, with 32k to my name, and checked out the MP to see what new MCs I could buy.

I had no idea what gaia cash, cash shops, or gold generators were when I came back... Their gold sinks and selling more gold generators/booty grab shows that don't actually care about the economy and they just want to make more money off the users that are willing to buy generators and sink that gold for the achievements.

Yeah I took a break a few years back and recently came back seriously in the last few months and saw the same thing. I have items that used to maybe cost 5k not cost like 5mil and it's really sad. I was hoping to try and get back some of the items i held very dear to me after I was hacked in 2011 [when I stepped away for a while] but kiki and coco alone are so much now that it's basically impossible.

Fashionable Explorer

ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
User Image

Yeah I took a break a few years back and recently came back seriously in the last few months and saw the same thing. I have items that used to maybe cost 5k not cost like 5mil and it's really sad. I was hoping to try and get back some of the items i held very dear to me after I was hacked in 2011 [when I stepped away for a while] but kiki and coco alone are so much now that it's basically impossible.

What other items are you trying to get back? I may be able to help with your quest, I was an obsessive hoarder of old MCs before I took a break from Gaia!

I sold some things to obtain the old MCs that I thought I would NEVER own in all my life (nitemare scarf, angelic scarf, the pair of guitars, kitsune mask...).
Can you believe it? These old, coveted items are being sold at a fraction of the cost for some of these new items that are out?! This concept was very foreign to me.

Generous Donator

15,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
User Image

What other items are you trying to get back? I may be able to help with your quest, I was an obsessive hoarder of old MCs before I took a break from Gaia!

I sold some things to obtain the old MCs that I thought I would NEVER own in all my life (nitemare scarf, angelic scarf, the pair of guitars, kitsune mask...).
Can you believe it? These old, coveted items are being sold at a fraction of the cost for some of these new items that are out?! This concept was very foreign to me.

Those two and the picto's urn [because got knows how you spell that thing] were the only ones very very dear to me as far as items went. And yeah I understand that some of the items are being sold FAR less than the ones out there. It's so weird that some of these are less important to others.

Fashionable Explorer

ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
ChurchofCas
l BitterSweet l
User Image

Those two and the picto's urn [because got knows how you spell that thing] were the only ones very very dear to me as far as items went. And yeah I understand that some of the items are being sold FAR less than the ones out there. It's so weird that some of these are less important to others.

My first big quest I ever completed was to get my kiki. I sold everything of value and all my gold for it in the Gaia Exchange when I finally had enough.
My coco kitty quest took forever as well but I eventually was able to reach it.
My demonic pitchfork was won in an art contest that my sister and I collaborated in completing our piece for the contest (I gave her back half of the pitchfork's value in gold so I kept the item!)

I know exactly how it feels to hold items that mean a lot to us!

Luckily, the kitties aren't extremely overpriced like the ninja band or angelic halo!

Dapper Noob

l BitterSweet l
User Image

Well, Breedables have mostly stayed the same as far as prices go, unless you're trying for an auction...but those have always been insane, so what else is new.

B/C is probably one of the only FUN, art related parts of the site that IS still accessible to those who aren't rich, if you're into that kind of thing.

It does make me sad that apparently even...not that great line art goes for at least 100 bil in auction now though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff