Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia needs something, and badly-- but another Cash Shop wasn't it.

While I'm sure the name for Kanoko's new shop "Rococo" was merely a nod to the style of the 18th century French art movement, it can't just be mere coincidence that you "forgot" about the major part of that movement.

_____Rococo was developed from the "late Baroque" style in 18th century France, and was used to lavishly outfit noble houses with lots of luxuries-- things they didn't need. This was done while the masses of France were in extreme poverty, which caused protests because all the money for the government was being spent on lavish places like the Palace of Versailles. When the people of France had no money for bread to eat, this spawned the famous saying from Marie Antoinette, "Then let them eat cake." Protests became riots, and were ultimately a factor into starting the French Revolution, a civil war that lasted ten years and ended in the execution of King Louis XIV and Queen Marie Antoinette.

Gaia, FOR REALSIES, you need to brush up on your history. (And economics, and marketing...) Someone should have done the research. Because anyone can see what a slap in the face it is to get ANOTHER cash shop, when we're dying for balance in the Market and salvation from inflation.

HOWEVER! Hope is not lost.

I feel that one of the best solutions to this problem (while still keeping the namesake of the style you were going for) is to change Rococo into another high-priced gold shop, like Dernier Cri.

It makes sense-- Kanoko worked under Brennevin in the story for the previous few years, so it should only be natural that she learned something from him before pursuing business ventures on her own. People saved their gold to buy items from Dernier Cri, since it was certainly not a whimsical buy, and made deals to sell them on the Marketplace for more than half their worth, but not more than their shop worth-- and that made a lot of people happy.

Now, the high-priced gold shops DEFINITELY need an update-- and I'm not just talking about Loyal's Bazaar. Having those items out is all well and nice, but they're recolors of items you've already designed. We need some new, quality, original items that are devoted to the high-end gold shops.

A gold sink works-- takes gold out of the Marketplace, and some of the users who can't make that much gold find a little bit of solace buying it at a discount off of other users when they're finished with the item.

Think you're stuck because you just debuted the shop, and don't want to say "oops, we made a mistake!" Gaia users will forgive you if you move Kanoko's 3-4 items into La Victoire-- really, we will. Besides, you switched the purpose of Josie's Shop (Global Imports) a few years back, and heck, you still make fun of it when she welcomes you to the Housing Department!

Seeing that the cash shop is getting 2-3 new items, a gold RIG, and a few recolors every day is going to keep inflating your problem-- and how fast will your artists burn out? You need to dedicate time and effort into fixing the problem you've made, so you can resume customer satisfaction.

And turning Rococo into one of those model places, by making it a GOLD shop, is a good place to start.

Gaia, you've lost a bit of integrity, and your customers are starting to leave, and a lot are disappointed and angry. Those who have stayed WANT to see that integrity regained, but we can't if you don't start listening to what we want, and cater to ALL of your users as a whole. You're leaving us in the dark, feeling used and ignored. Stop this, and do the right thing.

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I fully agree with everything you said! But, sadly, I doubt it will happen...

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
the current CEO of the company is an idiot, who thinks he can make the site survive by piggybacking on free to pay models that actual MMORPGs are using, but he fails to realize that Gaia is not an MMO. He's making some profits right now, but at the cost of the loyalty of the users.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Your little history blurb only makes it feel more appropriate as a cash shop.

Still I don't think we needed another shop (cash or gold). We already have a shop for high end unique gold items (D*C) and one for cash (Verge).
I really wonder how far I'll personally continue with this site. It's kinda lost what I like about it.
Doc Arkham
Your little history blurb only makes it feel more appropriate as a cash shop.

Still I don't think we needed another shop (cash or gold). We already have a shop for high end unique gold items (D*C) and one for cash (Verge).

If they're going for the art style, it could work as a gold shop. I'm just saying that there are extra connotations that go with that.
I do like the concept of Rococo but I do agree that we don't need another cash shop on this site when we have Verge and La Victoria!

What we need is some good gold sinks and Rococo had potential to do that along side Loyal's Bazaar, with the inflation being the problem right now we do need this! If Gaia HQ was worried about monetizing the feature why not add a small cash option like they did with most of the gold shops but make gold the main purchase option?

I also agree that we do need some newer items in Loyal's Bazaar, I was happy that it opened (finally) and I'm happy that all my wishlist items are still available in there but kinda dissapointed that there's not many new items available, they need to be consistent with the gold shop updates not leave them unloved sad

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I didn't think they needed a new cash shop at all. They could've put the items into the cash shop or verge, tbh. There's nothing super special about them. They're just created by particular artists. But all the items are created by particular artists *shrugs*

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I was just thinking about how Denrir Cri is now ... well, affordable. When that's simply not the way it started out years back. Seconding the need for a good high-priced gold sink, now that gaia gold has become so easy to obtain.

I was away from the site for a couple of years ... I just sold a piece of furniture for multiple millions of gold. I'm a gaian millionaire off of a piece of furniture?? That's just ... way too easy. Given that I don't expect Gaia to do anything to change the amount of gold going into the market (gold caps were just raised, after all), I'd really like to see more gold going OUT in the form of high-ticket items that only the select few can obtain.
Either that, or they need to raise the amount of gold that we get from the site itself. That would help things balance out to the prices they are now.

But, if they're truly devoted to making sure you can't have the items you want without purchasing Gaia Cash, then they've already got the makings for it.

But they risk their users being unsatisfied and/or leaving with such corporate greed.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
That's what Dernier Ci and Loyal Shop are for. If Rococo was to be a high priced gold shop then we wouldn't have a need for Loyal's Bazaar.
But Loyal's is for people who have been loyal to Gaia, constantly logging in. I think that's a phenomenal idea. It does recolors specifically of the items people remember, which ten years ago used to be at the top of the Market. I'm sure hundreds of scarves and mini-wings were bought just to show Gaia pride.

My first inclination with those items was "wow, I get the items I've always wanted in colors that actually match my avatar."

Rococo's purpose would be for new, unique quality items, rather than oldie item recolors. The price range, ideally, would be around the same.

Jolly Soldier

16,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Thank you SO much for making this thread.
Cpt Odd
Thank you SO much for making this thread.

Thanks!

Jolly Soldier

16,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Areishia_01

I wanted to sign your over-sized sleeves petition, but I got an error message saying it's old and decrepit so I can't.. But, I sign, nonetheless.

Quote:
Sorry, this thread is now old and decrepit. Please find a newer thread about this topic or create your own to continue discussing!

Oops, we found the following problems:

Error: Sorry, this thread is now old and decrepit. Please find a newer thread about this topic or create your own to continue discussing!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces