Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
To solve the problem with people hoarding the project tickets. I asked in the most recent AtS and got no response. Someone got an answer but I still dont like it since it was an artist and not a developer... http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-26-jan-2015-closed/t.95707779_167/#167

They really shouldnt allow people monopolizing the tickets. There should be a limit on how many a user can have and turn in, Or even make future ones soulbound so people cant sell and trade them. Both would solve the problem with the same certain people collecting them all. I wont name names but we all know who they are since they like showing it off in the MP. This whole ticket thing was suppose to be a privilege to create our own items, not have the richest people on gaia claim them all for themselves.

Perfect Saint

I wonder how people will react if the tickets were soulbound to the winners? That way they cannot be sold or traded to those with the means.
Soul-binding the tickets wouldn't necessarily solve anything as the ticket-holders who aren't sure what to make with their ticket could just be persuaded by ___ to make ___.
Putting a time limit on how long between tickets a single user can redeem one, or that the user can only have so many in the queue at a time could work to a degree, but could still be something worked around with the use of multiple accounts/the help of friends.

You also have to keep in mind that you can only blame Gaia so much for such because a lot of it is on individual choice of users.

Perfect Saint

~ Aki - Fairy ~
Soul-binding the tickets wouldn't necessarily solve anything as the ticket-holders who aren't sure what to make with their ticket could just be persuaded by ___ to make ___.
Putting a time limit on how long between tickets a single user can redeem one, or that the user can only have so many in the queue at a time could work to a degree, but could still be something worked around with the use of multiple accounts/the help of friends.

You also have to keep in mind that you can only blame Gaia so much for such because a lot of it is on individual choice of users.
True. We do complain about many things on Gaia but turn a blind eye that such things are perpetrated and perpetuated by the users themselves.

Katschi's King

Clockwork Bat

32,440 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I know so many people who would love to have those tickets but can't even afford to buy anything from Gaya. I would like it better if Gaya had a different way of dispersing the tickets, such as someone being 18+ or with parent's permission, phone number, blah blah blah (basicly like a limited timed raffle), so selfish pricks don't' override those wanting to do it simply because one person can drop 1,000$ on Gaya to get a ticket and the other can't.

But of course Gaya won't do anything about it, all the CEO cares about it money. Who cares as long as someone is coughing up money for a ticket? Better luck going on some other website that's not full of pricks. *cough* Not trying to sound like a b***h or anything but that's all Gaya has turned into. Once the CEO sucks Gaya dry of money, it'll shut down like the sites before they once owned. It's only a matter of time.

Eternal Bookworm

23,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Clock Senpai
I know so many people who would love to have those tickets but can't even afford to buy anything from Gaya. I would like it better if Gaya had a different way of dispersing the tickets, such as someone being 18+ or with parent's permission, phone number, blah blah blah (basicly like a limited timed raffle), so selfish pricks don't' override those wanting to do it simply because one person can drop 1,000$ on Gaya to get a ticket and the other can't.

But of course Gaya won't do anything about it, all the CEO cares about it money. Who cares as long as someone is coughing up money for a ticket? Better luck going on some other website that's not full of pricks. *cough* Not trying to sound like a b***h or anything but that's all Gaya has turned into. Once the CEO sucks Gaya dry of money, it'll shut down like the sites before they once owned. It's only a matter of time.
^this

Angelic Star

8,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's really annoying when tickets become monopolized and used for ego feeding or to recolor the same damn series of items. How original. rolleyes

Tricky Fox

I agree to this. I've spent so much on rigs to get a ticket since I've planned out an item to make but everyone who is rich only sells them to friends and the other rich people to hold and hog all for themselves. :/ It's not fair to hold on to them just to say "I got a ticket. I'm selling it for 999 Trillion. No one on gaia has this much money but you know what, I don't care! Haha, you stupid poor people with your lack of tickets."
so how did users get such tickets?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Radiophonic
It's really annoying when tickets become monopolized and used for ego feeding or to recolor the same damn series of items. How original. rolleyes

Some of those recolors are at the request of multiple other users. Just pointing that out. I made a request myself to someone and he did it as he did with others. There is a recolor of some other item I still have yet to see. But that guy does not have the gold fast enough for that. (snek). But some of these ticket-holders do take in ideas/requests. You just have to be in the middle of the discussion.

Demonic Alchemist

20,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You know, this question did get an answer, and I was kind of annoyed to see you post this question over and over again after that.
Just because someone else asked it and was quoted, doesn't mean that you shouldn't check the thread before asking this many times.
I believe you should have at least receive a warning for spamming (esp. that even if the question remains unaswered, it is stated in the rules to not repeat it)
rolleyes

Here is the answer:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-26-jan-2015-closed/t.95707779_167/#167

Now, let me make it clear - I am not arguing with you on the issue of tickets, I am in agreement with you on that. If I see one more gold item, I swear...
But I am not overly impressed with how you handled it.
And to start a thread without even checking the AtS thread if maybe the issue has been raised and addressed there, well, I won't say what it is rolleyes

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
SPEEDY XIII SSC
so how did users get such tickets?

They go around and buy them all.

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
AishiSo
You know, this question did get an answer, and I was kind of annoyed to see you post this question over and over again after that.
Just because someone else asked it and was quoted, doesn't mean that you shouldn't check the thread before asking this many times.
I believe you should have at least receive a warning for spamming (esp. that even if the question remains unaswered, it is stated in the rules to not repeat it)
rolleyes

Here is the answer:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/ask-the-staff-26-jan-2015-closed/t.95707779_167/#167

Now, let me make it clear - I am not arguing with you on the issue of tickets, I am in agreement with you on that. If I see one more gold item, I swear...
And to start a thread without even checking the AtS thread if maybe the issue has been raised and addressed there, well, I won't say what it is rolleyes

I read over multiple pages and never saw this, but thank you.

Ice-Cold Lover

AishiSo
rolleyes

Here is the answer:

You wanted OP to sift through all the stupid questions in AtS just to find an answer?
And to act so bloody snarky about it, well, I won't say what it is.
rolleyes
They won't (or more correctly can't) do anything about it on the user side.

The solution comes from Gaia implementing limits on how many times an item can be selected for ticket customization.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff