Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have alittle Beef with the Avatar Spolight on the front page, Personally I think that they should have it so that it randomly chooses an Avatar.

Though that would have it's down points (e.g. mule accounts, and newbie accounts) But it would at least be kinda neat having one's Avatar in the Spotlight.

What are your opinions?
If they did it at random, then the winners wouldn't feel very special. gonk And people wouldn't give their avatars much thought.
Ah. I like the way its managed.
I wouldn't like to see a person in peasent's clothes in the front page every day

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Plus you try having a random system for 1/2million gonk
They choose depending what they think is good.

I believe that they like originality and color.

All black avatars are unlikely to get on the Avatar Spotlight.

It's called a Spotlight because the avatars shown there are special. Making it random would be going against what it is. 3nodding
Wow. That's a horrible idea.

The whole point of the avatar spotlight is to honor those who put a lot of thought & creativity into their avatar to make it unique & well-matching/good-looking.

If they did it at random...it would give a whole bunch of idiots big ideas that would make them arrogant when really they suck.

So that wouldn't work. At all.
It would take lots of coding to do something like that, and in the end, it would not be worth it. As users have stated, all kinds of n00bs would be arrogant to other users about their avatars being in the spotlight, when they're not that good.
I know.. I know.. but I mean.. they should at least updated it like eveyr month or so!... remember when we had those two Avatar's there for like.. I dunno a year!
I thought it was already random. If i remeber correctly, dont they pick 10 or so random avis and then pick the best 2, and thoes 2 are the winners. SO in a way it is already pretty random.
Damean Blodricther
I know.. I know.. but I mean.. they should at least updated it like eveyr month or so!... remember when we had those two Avatar's there for like.. I dunno a year!
Yeah
I think wwe should have a new avatar in the spolight every week. None of this two-and-a-half months crap.
Aerinna
I think wwe should have a new avatar in the spolight every week. None of this two-and-a-half months crap.
yea I agree
Didn't we use to have a vote option when it came out? eek
I would like them to change it once a month, but not randomly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff