Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I've been having serious lag-outs with your site lately, and I know it's not my laptop or browser or internet. I tried to write a bug report regarding the Save Our Louie page having lagged and my trying to hit "donate" to advance to the confirmation of donating (however, thanks to my hitting the button a total of 3 times, I'm now out 150b instead of the 50b I intended to sink for a chance at that headband), and I couldn't even get the "make a new topic" to open properly. When it did, it took so blasted long that the topic didn't post at all - the connection timed out. Again, I know I have shitty internet but it loaded TUMBLR and YOUTUBE just fine.

I thought some of you were paid well enough to not let this kind of lag happen.

And I still have the achievement bubble locked up here not going away no matter HOW MANY ******** TIMES I click it.

Seriously, get your s**t together.

Noble Kitten

12,525 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
The achievement part of this shouldn't be part of the lag, and a lot of other Gaians are experiencing it. It sucks about the rest of your issue (The only advice I can really give is to file a ticket. They'll probably get to it in about half a year.), but the achievement thing was caused by them removing the achievement score from the header. So just letting you know, it won't go away until that issue is fixed. I've had the stupid thing up since this event started, and it's pissing me off, too, but if it helps, that's not contributing to the lag or anything.

iArrgRainbows's Honey Bun

It's kind of funny, getting all this lag and thinking about how many people that used to be on this site at once, and not getting this kind of lag.

Wintry Dragon

I had serious lag about an hour or two ago. It was dreadful when trading with a friend and fixing my inventory, I thought it was just my connection.

I think you can file a ticket to get your gold back. Choose the one regarding Issues with Items and Gold. This problem is definitely brought by the site.

Destitute Puppy

A Subway Kid
It's kind of funny, getting all this lag and thinking about how many people that used to be on this site at once, and not getting this kind of lag.

this...so this....

i remember over 150k people on during a CI release when those were new, there was clearly some site lag but....

the same and worse for under 20,000? wtf is the GC cash being spent on.... oh right overpaid ceo's who dont give half a s**t about their product

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
A mali
I had serious lag about an hour or two ago. It was dreadful when trading with a friend and fixing my inventory, I thought it was just my connection.

I think you can file a ticket to get your gold back. Choose the one regarding Issues with Items and Gold. This problem is definitely brought by the site.
I couldn't find that so I put it under "general account inquiry" and Gaia Events, as this is technically a Gaia event.

Wintry Dragon

Cecilia Davidson
A mali

I couldn't find that so I put it under "general account inquiry" and Gaia Events, as this is technically a Gaia event.
It's fine. I think it doesn't matter as much since they are going to read it anyway.

Interesting Gaian

3,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
first of all idk why there are any downvotes to this thread at all and secondly it seems to me that every time i click on the achievement bubble the site slows down for me so i stopped clicking it and things seem to be running faster now for me
idk it could just be my computer but idk gaia has been running slow for the last 3 days and it needs to be fixed now

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
unexistant
A Subway Kid

this...so this....

i remember over 150k people on during a CI release when those were new, there was clearly some site lag but....

the same and worse for under 20,000? wtf is the GC cash being spent on.... oh right overpaid ceo's who dont give half a s**t about their product

or the customers..

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
unexistant
A Subway Kid

this...so this....

while i hated the lag too, i understand why it happened, and it's honestly a reasonable problem to have. it happened because of the sudden boom in activity from Torii's Gateway opening, and because the servers were feeling the strain from all of that activity happening at once.

and i don't care who you are, you don't buy and maintain servers for that kind of server strain if your site is only ever going to feel that kind of strain maybe once a month, and only for a couple of hours during that one day. it doesn't matter how much money you're making, that would be an outright waste of money from any working joe's perspective.

Steam has the same problem every time they have a major sale. every time.

it's just something that happens.

Desirable Shapeshifter

16,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
i only really get lag when i have a page with ads on it. sweatdrop

Divine Muse

My computer is from 2005
I upgraded the graphics card, ram, and added a 1tb hard drive.

Other sites I go to like Reddit/Game deals, Cheezburger, Slickdeals, Ebay, and Craigslist all load within seconds. I also do not run into the typing issue below on any other site but here.

Problem
Gaia
Gaia takes three times as long
Page comes up, I start typing something
It blinks when I am in the middle of typing
I have to reclick the page with my mouse in order to continue writing after the blink

Expected result
Typing continues until I am done and ready to send the post/Search the MP/Send a PM/ or sell an item.

My stats
Windows 8
Latest version of FF
550ti graphics
I use adblock unrepentantly so ads aren't a factor
Noscript (I pick and choose what scripts are allowed)
Ghostery (unneeded programs are blocked increasing the speed of loading websites)

Gaia should not be letting this go, it interferes with site usage, creates lag, and it discourages proper use of this website.

Do something with all this money you get from the cash shop and put some of it back into this website, When is the last time you updated s**t here?
Jayce Reinhardt
My computer is from 2005
I upgraded the graphics card, ram, and added a 1tb hard drive.

Other sites I go to like Reddit/Game deals, Cheezburger, Slickdeals, Ebay, and Craigslist all load within seconds. I also do not run into the typing issue below on any other site but here.

Problem
Gaia
Gaia takes three times as long
Page comes up, I start typing something
It blinks when I am in the middle of typing
I have to reclick the page with my mouse in order to continue writing after the blink

Expected result
Typing continues until I am done and ready to send the post/Search the MP/Send a PM/ or sell an item.

My stats
Windows 8
Latest version of FF
550ti graphics
I use adblock unrepentantly so ads aren't a factor
Noscript (I pick and choose what scripts are allowed)
Ghostery (unneeded programs are blocked increasing the speed of loading websites)

Gaia should not be letting this go, it interferes with site usage, creates lag, and it discourages proper use of this website.

Do something with all this money you get from the cash shop and put some of it back into this website, When is the last time you updated s**t here?

I have this exact same problem, so it's definitely not just you. Especially annoying for me when I'm typing in my password to buy something in the mp.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff