Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

You know how you can get invited to start a gmail account, or if you already have one, you can send invitations out to other people? Well, shouldn't Gaia have a "formal invitation" feature as well? Instead of spreading the word around by mouth or e-mails or whatnot, you can send a friend an e-mail directly from Gaia on a little card type thing that'll have basic information about Gaia and its features. And I suppose the user who sends the invitation out can get a bit of gold (like 50g) if the receiving person decides to join after all.

Of course, there may be a limit to the number of invitations you can send out so as to avoid abuse of the system, but it'll be a great way to let your buddies know about this wonderful forum. ^^

Original Sex Symbol

Sounds a little bit like the referral system that is already in place... I do like the idea of sending emailed invites though, for people that don't have a place to put the referral banners.

(Referral system info: http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/about.php?info=grow )
If there were a limit, say, 10 per each account, then it could still be abused via mule accounts. sweatdrop

And while there's already a referral system in place, you no longer get the 50g. That was disabled due to abuse, apparently.
Jjmvideogamer
If there were a limit, say, 10 per each account, then it could still be abused via mule accounts. sweatdrop

And while there's already a referral system in place, you no longer get the 50g. That was disabled due to abuse, apparently.
I have to agree. But e-mail refferals would be good without the gold you would get from it.

Explorer

jessyta
Sounds a little bit like the referral system that is already in place... I do like the idea of sending emailed invites though, for people that don't have a place to put the referral banners.

Yes, I noticed that. I was thinking about it on my friend's behalf, putting myself in their shoes.

The message topic would be something like, "You've been invited to join Gaia!", and once you open the e-mail link, a Gaia-like page will open, showing who sent the invitation as well as information about the website.

And there can be other limits on the amount/types of invitations you can send out. For example, there's a limit of only one per e-mail address, and you'll only receive gold if the other person accepts the invitation and becomes a member of Gaia. I don't really know why people would just randomly send invitations, though, as a means of abusing the system when Gaia is meant to grow anyhow.

Edit: The gold thing was just a throwaway idea, and the invitation system would work just as well without it.

Cold Hunter

I think this is an awesome idea. I know many people who would probably be interested in gaia if I had the time to explain gaia and its features to them.

An email system would increase the population of gaia and spread the good news around. I mean, today's society basically all have an email account that they check up on. Emails from gaia can really get to people, showing gaia's features and whatnot. It's a great idea and i'm 100% behind you. 3nodding heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff