Welcome to Gaia! ::

Before anyone starts slamming me with "this thread doesn't belong here" posts, I would like to quote the description for this forum.

Site Feedback - Suggest enhancements, features, and ideas to help make the user experience better!

I have been an active member of GaiaOnline for well over a year now. Through this time, I feel I have been a good role model for others. I have run many contests, guilds, lotteries and even a popular charity. I have many friends and am well respected for my honesty and integrety. But, for some reason, none of this seems to matter to the Moderators/Admin.

Recently, I held a large lottery in which I was giving away two complete sets of donation letters. The lottery went well, and at the grand finale I tried to give out the prizes and was hit by a banking glitch. I managed to get all of the prizes out to every winner except one. I informed her of the problem and she gave me an alternate name to try send them to. This didn't work, and I also tried sending the prize to my other account and to a friend I trusted to pass on the prize. I still was unable to send the prize to anyone. [Error transfering items from inventory, refresh trade window and try again.]

I went to the Q&A forum and found that many others were having the same problem wtih the bank and that it was noted on the Sticky. I kept the recipent up to date with what was happening in regards to her prize and waited for the glitch to be fixed. A while later, the glitch was removed from the Sticky, but I was still having problems sending the prize, so I contacted an Omnimoderator. I explained what was going on and she said there was nothing she could do, but she would make a note of it. I PMed the recipient to let her know that the moderators were aware and that I was trying to work out an alternative solution.

Next thing I know, I am banned for "scamming".

Problems I have with this whole situation (and it's not an isolated incident):
1. This whole mess was completely out of my control. I do not have the authority or knowledge to fix the whole mess of glitches around this site myself. I should NOT be penalized for being the victim of such a glitch.
2. There was NO attempt by anyone on the staff to see if I actually was guilty of what I was accused of. Is this to mean that I can say "I don't like that person, so I'm going to say they scammed me." and reasonably expect that it will happen? Since the lottery in question had multiple winners, did anyone bother to ask if the others received their prizes?
3. Taking the word of one random user without listening to the other is favortism. Again, "I got scammed." seems to be the magic words around here. That's all anyone has to say and everyone goes "oh, poor dear! Let's give you things! Let's lynch the person who has nothing against them but your word that it happened!" This one is not only to the staff but to the general user base as well.
3. There was no warning. (Not warning as in cease and desist, but prior inclination that this might happen). No, NO ONE bothered to come to me and ask about my side of things.
4. I had already contacted an Omnimoderator in regards to this issue. Does that not count for anything, or do people on staff just not care what the other hand is doing?

In all, it is nice to know that my attempts to fix problems get me so rewarded on this site. I am very sick of the attitude and treatment of users that the moderators that I have had contact with.

Since being banned, I sent in a report through PM to a moderator who said they had passed it on to an Omnimoderator. I also sent the message to two different Omnimoderators when I didn't receive any sort of response even after the PM went to my sent box. So potentially, there is one Dedicated Moderator and three Omnimoderators who are aware of this problem as well as the original Omnimoderator I contacted. I still have received NO response from any of them in regards to if I will even get my accounts back. This is completely unacceptable.

Solutions I would like to see from the staff:
1. Both of my accounts returned intact.
2. Record of this banning removed from my account (I know they keep logs).
3. Apology from the staff.

Omnipresent Elder

This would seem like a valid fault on the Mod's side, since there are few of them and they are swamped, I would see it that a few of them care little for some of us and banning might make them feel better, even if all the facts were not in front of them to make sure it was a bannable offense, since the glitch was in current status of wreaking havoc on trades.
My account has been banned for profiting from a scam that my little brother did, but I didn't know anything about it. Though they thought we were the same person because I use a wirless internet connection. The IP address doesn't change since everything is being used off the same modem. I am still waitting to see if there is a chance that I'll be unban. This is the first time I been acused of anything and so my little brother. They premantly have banned him and in the rules it says that you're not premantly banned from this being the first time he did something wrong. My problem with gaia is that everyone who buys an item from the market place can be ban, you know why? Because if a scammer is selling an item in the market and you buy it. You would be profiting from a scam. All I can say is that they're banning more inncoent people than they're of the those who actually did the crime.

As you look at the link in my sig you can see I too have been helping others.

Omnipresent Elder

ShadowKatz
My account has been banned for profiting from a scam that my little brother did, but I didn't know anything about it. Though they thought we were the same person because I use a wirless internet connection. The IP address doesn't change since everything is being used off the same modem. I am still waitting to see if there is a chance that I'll be unban. This is the first time I been acused of anything and so my little brother. They premantly have banned him and in the rules it says that you're not premantly banned from this being the first time he did something wrong. My problem with gaia is that everyone who buys an item from the market place can be ban, you know why? Because if a scammer is selling an item in the market and you buy it. You would be profiting from a scam. All I can say is that they're banning more inncoent people than they're of the those who actually did the crime.

It actually is your fault for getting banned, as he should not have been on your account, yet you let him. He should of had his own account.

For the market, yes it is scamming, and I would wish the admin would code a Store Price Max for pricing to prevent such, since store items can not be sold in bulk, and that they try even for 5 times or more what an item is actually is worth.
Drak of Paradise
ShadowKatz

It actually is your fault for getting banned, as he should not have been on your account, yet you let him. He should of had his own account.

For the market, yes it is scamming, and I would wish the admin would code a Store Price Max for pricing to prevent such, since store items can not be sold in bulk, and that they try even for 5 times or more what an item is actually is worth.

Pardon me, but he never was on my account to begin with. They thought we were the same person because we have the same IP address. We have three different computers. So please do not assume things. He bought me three mugs from the store and they consider that profiting from a scam.

Omnipresent Elder

They would only ban an account for such if it was on your account, not another's. If you accepted mugs off a trade that were stolen or bought as an extreme low price, then perhaps then that counts you in being involved, but only if you accepted.
They really need to fix how they do things around here. If I don't get my account back, I will be really pissed off because I have worked hard in getting a name for myself here and now I don't even have my name.
Drak of Paradise
They would only ban an account for such if it was on your account, not another's. If you accepted mugs off a trade that were stolen or bought as an extreme low price, then perhaps then that counts you in being involved, but only if you accepted.

They weren't stolen. Any interacting you have with a scammer they will automaticly ban you. That's what several mods have told me. Like I said I didn't know before hand until I was ban.

Omnipresent Elder

For both of you, you need to PM an account Moderator about this with FULL details on your situations.
Fuzzy Lizard Charity
They really need to fix how they do things around here. If I don't get my account back, I will be really pissed off because I have worked hard in getting a name for myself here and now I don't even have my name.

My mom might bring the police into this since she has donated a great amount of money to gaia. Even states in the Rules guaranteed to received an item back from a donation to Gaia. If you do not receive an item you will get a refund. Meaning in a way they have broken their part of the contract of conducting. They can actually get in trouble for this.
ShadowKatz
Fuzzy Lizard Charity

My mom might bring the police into this since she has donated a great amount of money to gaia. Even states in the Rules guaranteed to received an item back from a donation to Gaia. If you do not receive an item you will get a refund. Meaning in a way they have broken their part of the contract of conducting. They can actually get in trouble for this.

There is no way you can use law enforcement to help you here. O_o Yes, you recieve an item for donating to Gaia. And I'm sure you recieved it. But if you're banned you lose it. It's a donation.

You need to contact the moderators. Yes, you might not thing that will do any good, but it will. As users we simply cannot help you.

Omnipresent Elder

ShadowKatz
Fuzzy Lizard Charity

TOS
Upon termination of the User's account, all Content contained therein: Avatar, Gold, items, and other features provided by the site and which are not explicitly covered in the TOS will be permanently deleted. GAIA Online reserves the right to deny Service to a former User.
InsaneHyperDragon
ShadowKatz
Fuzzy Lizard Charity

There is no way you can use law enforcement to help you here. O_o Yes, you recieve an item for donating to Gaia. And I'm sure you recieved it. But if you're banned you lose it. It's a donation.

You need to contact the moderators. Yes, you might not thing that will do any good, but it will. As users we simply cannot help you.

Then they have to give me a refund and yes I can bring law enforcement. If you have at least dontated over the amount of twenty dollars.
Drak : Acutally, she could have received and accepted the mugs as a gift without knowing they were obtained from scamming. There was the example a few months back were a stack of questors were banned because they accepted a donation from someone who had profited from the massive gold glitch. They didn't know that teh gold was glitched, and were penalized for being a victim as well.

Also, this has been brought to the mods attentions BEFORE I was even banned, and where did that get me? I have since sent PMs to 4 different mods both Omnimoderators and Admin as well as sent an email to the admin account. It has been a day and I still haven't received any word back that they have even acknowledge my problem (I know the PMs have been received because they have moved to my sent box).

ShadowKatz : That seems a bit extreme, but if it works for you, let me know. I have invested a great deal into this site as well, and if they are going to deny me access for no valid reason, then I would like my money back.

Omnipresent Elder

ShadowKatz
InsaneHyperDragon
ShadowKatz
Fuzzy Lizard Charity

Then they have to give me a refund and yes I can bring law enforcement. If you have at least dontated over the amount of twenty dollars.
Read my above post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces