Will post opinions 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]

Sparkly Trash

17,190 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Egg Collector 100
Dear Gaia,

Spending events make me deeply upset. There has been a huge lack of decent events for months. Honestly, the spending events aren't worth the time or money commitment. I have also noticed a severe lack of daily gaians. I have been a member for many years, but I've noticed that with the lack of events, comes the lack of users. I believe that this is due to the lack of events other than spending events. Events that only have forum battles or maybe a new chat room aren't worth it either. Site-wide events are the backbone of Gaia Online and I calmly demand more attention to the site as a whole. Large events should include a game, forum activities, a change in the towns, events reward prizes and daily prizes.

All that seems to come from the spending events is bankruptcy, achievements (whoopty-doo) and maybe a half-assed item that will soon lose most of its value making the initial participation in the event pointless. The first spending event was fine. You were able to unlock more tiers with less money. The fist time a spending event was introduced, it was interesting and more gaians participated, However, there seems to be a new spending event every week, which views as a pointless activity. I realize that the spending events most likely exist as an attempt to keep marketplace prices down due to gaians owning less gold. There are gaians with enough gold to fully participate in every spending event, but I have reason to believe that more than half of all gaians are not able to reach past the second or third tier.

Gaia developers, site moderators, admins, site artists and event coordinators, I plea that you may hear this and understand what needs to happen in order for Gaia to become more populated and connected again. Some gaians only use the site during a holiday when they're certain that an event will take place that may be worth their time. By adding more events, there will be more gaians. With more gaians come more profit both socially and financially for other gaians and for people like you who we pay to receive the beautiful items that you create.

Attention has been slipping. I was overjoyed to see that zOMG! will finally be attended to. It is one of the things that I love most about this site. Also, I know that for many, "progress" can be difficult. Many of the things you can do in Towns cannot be done in Towns 2. Where are the summer swimming pools, water balloon fights, ice skating, snowball fights, treat or treating, and Christmas caroling while holiday music plays? Either keep up with these seasonal activities in Towns or add them to Towns 2. I miss them and I really enjoyed them. I also find that the buildings in Towns 2 in the main square are pointless. Also, I would like to see similarities between the town in zOMG! and the town in Towns 2 in the initial entrance. Maybe add that game that used to be played in the towns square in zOMG! to Towns 2. I see Towns 2 to have so much unused potential. Add games and activities to the towns to help meet strangers and make friends. As it is, both Towns and Towns 2 have no ice-breaker activities. I most often find myself quietly existing in one of the chat rooms looking for someone to talk to. Usually the only thing that starts a conversation is when my username is mentioned.

Just an idea, but I think it would be super cool to have more interesting areas other than pointless-restaurant-that-you-can't-enter #1, 2, and 3. Something like a bouncy castle or an abandoned theme park with broken rides that actually move that you can play on. Add the boardwalk from zOMG! to Towns 2. Add a playground. Add a farm with animals and crops. Add a dog park with puppies running around. Add a museum. Add a pillow fort. Just incorporate something interesting as a permanent attraction.

Thank you Gaia for listening.

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
this is a really thoughtful post. I like the idea of a bigger community playground, i always have. Users try to make the best of it but most things haven't seen an update in quite a while, so we are limited. Maybe one day!

Sparkly Trash

17,190 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Egg Collector 100
In light of the new spending event, or another spending event, I have this comment:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Trash

17,190 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Egg Collector 100
In light of the new spending event, or another spending event, I have this comment:

Profitable Hunter

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
I agree on all of these factors. On top of that, although the map idea for Towns 2 is brilliant, within the housing options for Towns 2 (Barton Housing, Durem Apartments, Akea Housing, and Gambino Housing) a smaller map similar to the one in Towns 1 would be great, so you could find friends' houses easier...? I find the diverse features an interesting concept, but as a whole it's hard to navigate.
Also, especially, BRING BACK THE SEASONS!!! I miss the pools, the snowball fights, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff