Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxic Trash

Dear Gaia,

I know that you are a company, and your main goal as a company is to support yourself and gain a monetary value for you and your workers. That is business and that's how, in this economy, people live. I find this acceptable, and I support this notion. No one can ask you to work for free and this site, is very much, work. For a long time, I've supported Gaia in all of it's choices and continually spent money to make sure that my part in keeping the forums alive is accounted for.

Lately, I've not spent anything. I've barely logged on. I'm sure the decline in user usage is not only in me. I'm sure other users have slowed their pace as well. And I figured that this was enough to send a message that something is going wrong.

More and more I've seen updates go out on new items; and damn do they look good! But, as these items are hitting amazingly well with the community, recolours come out! One right after the other with no pause. Resales of older items. "Ancient" items that should be shelved and prized, are being pushed forth at high cost rates. Stitches no longer lets users make items through competition, but is replaced by a ticket item that you can buy for a sum of money. The value of the marketplace is swamped with gold that, without gcash (earned either by art or money), you can no longer participate in.

You have to stop pushing for sales like it's the end of the world. Because that's what it's starting to feel like. That, with this final great big rush of "BUY US NOW", you all will pack your briefcases and look for another game or forum to cash in on.

You, as a company, have to realize that something is wrong.

I haven't given up on you. It is why I write you this letter and hope that someone on your staff reads it. That this letter becomes more than just another rant and it is taken in even a half serious notion. That you still care about your community just as much as you care about the money we give you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that that thinks all of this. And regardless of that, we're still here. Still here and supporting you. We haven't given up on you, don't give up on us.

Sincerely,

Corvias.
You did better than me since you spent GC for the Promote My Post.

Let's hope Gaia sees your post or you can get them through false advertising on the effect of the PMP.
Seriously though, I do hope to see positive changes one day.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I used to buy 10$ here and there, but now, I don't waste any extra money I have here. I find it pointless. If I don't keep spending, my last dollar is completely worthless. I leave, then come back, leave then come back. I love this place, but my 9 digit gold is worthless. I do come here for friends, but I want to dress up my avatar. I have a habit of buying, selling, buying, selling, so that I can afford new outfits. But as it stands, I can't afford anything new. There's nothing on this site that I can do that will give me enough gold, unless I use real cash, and that, my friend, is WRONG.

It's just like a person telling me I can freely cross a bridge. But wait! In order to do so I can only wear special shoes that must be bought (not earned) in order to walk on it. But it's totally free for anyone who's got the shoes. But I can't afford the shoes. But yet you're sitting there insisting it's free to cross.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome! I have really very little to do here but complain and whine. Thanks.

Toxic Trash

I'm hoping this stays active. That this doesn't end with just a once over because, I've noticed I'm not the only one posting a letter. Maybe I will paste other letters into the thread as well just to show how many of us there are.

Perfect Borg

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nerd 50
  • Vicious Spirit 250
One thing.. There IS currently a cross stitch competition for making items. It's easy to have missed the ONE announcement for it in the sea of cash push announcements though.

Toxic Trash

Lord Rosario
One thing.. There IS currently a cross stitch competition for making items. It's easy to have missed the ONE announcement for it in the sea of cash push announcements though.

I did see that. I'm very happy that there is still a few of those floating. But by all means, it has been "replaced" by tickets in a general sense. If the frequency were switched. it think it'd be more acceptable. I would not mind dropping the money for a ticket if it came out as rare as the cross stitch competitions.

Shirtless Streaker

I said the same thing 6 months ago.

Now I login once a month just so my stuff doesnt get deleted or given away and to b***h about gaia being shitty

Toxic Trash

Neko Heroine
I said the same thing 6 months ago.

Now I login once a month just so my stuff doesnt get deleted or given away and to b***h about gaia being shitty

We have to hope for something better than that though. And it can't just be negative. All and all, the gaming community has gone downhill. If we don't do something about what we already have, we can lose that too.

Gaia's been through a lot and there's be quite a few reworks with her. Everyone knows that. This has just grown into a problem that nothing but extremely hard work or throwing money at it will fix. It's just the easy way out to pay to win. Servers do it just as much as we do. We as a community need to stop ranting and waiting for minor fixes. We need to fix this together because, Gaia and her community are not two separate issues, it's one.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
I <3'd this thread. biggrin

Toxic Trash

Great Lakes haze
I <3'd this thread. biggrin

Thank you. Your support means a lot to me.
I been here 10 years and never spent a dime, and I was never disappointed

Toxic Trash

Killbot_Pirus
I been here 10 years and never spent a dime, and I was never disappointed

I'm very glad that there are still people who are free users. I could never resist shiny things though. Heh. You have a high resistance to its lure!

Business Millionaire

5,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Corvias
Dear Gaia,

I know that you are a company, and your main goal as a company is to support yourself and gain a monetary value for you and your workers. That is business and that's how, in this economy, people live. I find this acceptable, and I support this notion. No one can ask you to work for free and this site, is very much, work. For a long time, I've supported Gaia in all of it's choices and continually spent money to make sure that my part in keeping the forums alive is accounted for.

Lately, I've not spent anything. I've barely logged on. I'm sure the decline in user usage is not only in me. I'm sure other users have slowed their pace as well. And I figured that this was enough to send a message that something is going wrong.

More and more I've seen updates go out on new items; and damn do they look good! But, as these items are hitting amazingly well with the community, recolours come out! One right after the other with no pause. Resales of older items. "Ancient" items that should be shelved and prized, are being pushed forth at high cost rates. Stitches no longer lets users make items through competition, but is replaced by a ticket item that you can buy for a sum of money. The value of the marketplace is swamped with gold that, without gcash (earned either by art or money), you can no longer participate in.

You have to stop pushing for sales like it's the end of the world. Because that's what it's starting to feel like. That, with this final great big rush of "BUY US NOW", you all will pack your briefcases and look for another game or forum to cash in on.

You, as a company, have to realize that something is wrong.

I haven't given up on you. It is why I write you this letter and hope that someone on your staff reads it. That this letter becomes more than just another rant and it is taken in even a half serious notion. That you still care about your community just as much as you care about the money we give you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that that thinks all of this. And regardless of that, we're still here. Still here and supporting you. We haven't given up on you, don't give up on us.

Sincerely,

Corvias.

In any business, let alone gaia. One you show you are DESPERATE to make money is when you don't make as much money. Also not so sure how gold generators and these real life money costing get gaia rich quick methods are helping them out with making money.

Toxic Trash

tybg taskforce

In any business, let alone gaia. One you show you are DESPERATE to make money is when you don't make as much money. Also not so sure how gold generators and these real life money costing get gaia rich quick methods are helping them out with making money.

My point exactly. Lets just hope that they come to their senses?

Business Millionaire

5,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Corvias
tybg taskforce

My point exactly. Lets just hope that they come to their senses?

Well it just makes no sense, why give a method to users to get rich without having to spend much real life cash? They should be making it hard to become rich. If everyones rich then what desire does a noob have to be rich? Just to be one of the 95% of people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff