Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drop the CAP. More fish in Phin Phang.

Drop the CAP ENTIRELY!! 0.24120603015075 24.1% [ 48 ]
A few more fish for gold & cash in Phin Phang 0.20603015075377 20.6% [ 41 ]
Yes please to both Gaia! 0.55276381909548 55.3% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 199 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Hello to all (: *waves*

Reve I do apologize if I go off topic in any way and I hope you are doing well. It's been awhile. I agree with your topic and I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts on aquariums. It doesn't hurt to dream a little dream for GA I guess.

~ I agree totally that the amount of gold dropped per game for both user and tank owner needs dramatically increased. To what amount I am not really sure, but from the looks of the marketplace these days it needs to be substantial! Not only from the standpoint of the game players interest in wanting to even play and feel it is worth the time, but the tank owners and restocking of fish! For those of us that purchase fish with gold do not stand a prayers chance of restocking our tanks, the price in the MP for the most basic of fish is ridiculous! burning_eyes

~ I also feel due to lack of interest in aquariums in general these days and lack of players, it would be helpful to once again lower the player per game count to something around 15 players or less = full game for tank owners so that they stand a chance of getting full games and the possibility of the gold needed to restock their tanks.

~ I feel that all fish that were taken away or nerfed in the past should be re-released in phin phang and restored to their former glory so that aquariums are once again diverse and interesting. I also feel that more good fish should be available in phin phang for cash AND a gold option.

~ I feel that a cap for the day in anyway is sort of unnecessary given the market place. There are only so many hours in a day and only so many games one individual can possibly play anyway.

~ It would also be way cool if the fish could occasionally drop items that would attract players! Maybe a fish of it's like kind, or a plushie or something of value.

~ It would be fantastic if the coin dropped amount could be restored to it's former RAIN glory! It was awesome from a player perspective to be showered with the gold, green, red and blue rain of coins instead of the coin here... coin there... coin here. emotion_zzz

~ And lastly from a purely personal perspective... Thread Voting in GA, especially down voting creates nothing but a lack of unity in the community and a feeling of lack of appreciation. EVERY tank and tank owner is important to the community! I know personally, I was a happier individual here before people were hating on each other and it was clearly apparent through voting the lack of appreciation for each other, our time and effort, our tanks, our support, plays and glow bumps!

Cat Sapphire's Partner In Crime

Devout Gaian

16,540 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Citizen 200
Reve Casse
Cheshire Bronze
I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.

3nodding heart

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Wow. They really just changed that to try and get the users to hush up but they essentially changed nothing. Ouch. Seems really insensitive. :/ I'll hold off on attempting to play BG again until they can actually fix the payout.
Agrees with much things stated in this forum ^.^

The Gaia game rewards and MP/economy are way off balance at the moment.

Have to admit it's brilliant to have players buy gold with CG and take it with gold drop events without giving something in return, not much effort needed making profits then.
It will not work in long term though. Players feel cheated, being ripped of their money, get bored, nothing to see or do here, besides chatting in the forums. Wake up Gaia !!! more and better sites coming up and taking over that community role. You have to add something different, besides the dress-up items.

In my opinion: Sharing (game) experiences, challenges and creativity is what binds people here, they become friends. When you only invest time in shop items, recolors and gold donate events you have nothing more than a very expensive forum site.

These days the aquarium glows are barely played, very few people around.
Is this what Gaia wants for the game? ~ be honest about it
You cannot fool the aquarium holders and players with an update that rises the daily pay-out to 5 mil. If you get 2500 gold a game you would have to play it 2000 times. That's roughly 2000 minutes total. You get more gold by clicking the daily chances and dumpster dive, which takes less than a minute.... dramallama

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
guns and wings
Reve Casse
Cheshire Bronze
I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.

Uh, that's not true otherwise the amount of tanks that you can actually play wouldn't had dropped so much. People used tanks because they were profitable to have back then. Maybe a small amount of people keep up tanks to be part of the community but not that many, otherwise there would be much more tanks out there. I mean, really? Compare 2009 to now. A lot of us kept tanks because they were profitable.

This will take us off topic.... but I will gladly compare 2009 to now. Some won't like me for it, but you are getting honesty. I have been here since we first got aquariums here on Gaia. Even before that.

Back then we had the Immortal fish and Dolphinmania. Some were just cruising on easy street, raking in the gold. THAT is NOT what this game was ever meant to be! It was meant for grabbing a tank and conversing with the people in that thread. Yes.... if you notice....where are the Big Shots today who made their millions upon millions? GONE because it was all about GREED! Only ones that love the game are still here after all this s**t storm!

Oooh .... we still have a few greedy ones that think their tank has to be the biggest and the best and make them tons of gold. Or the ones who refuse to play anything they see as a lessor tank in their eyes. -shrugs- Maybe that is one of the reasons we never get anything. Gaia is tired of juvenile behavior at a game that is played as it was never meant to be. Maybe time some got an attitude adjustment. A little respect goes a long way... instead of having temper tantrums at Gaia staff.

Anyone can still own a tank that is profitable. Two names come to mind when I say that. Ask NocturnalVeil and Purplewiz. Both can be very helpful with that. NocturnalVeil is the one who made me see Black Crows as I do. These little black crows at 2500gg a piece don't cost me a thing to have in my tank. When they die.... I make back more than I paid for them. IF you can't afford 42,500gg to be part of the community.... you have a problem! Hell, I can get more than that off a DC!

There are also still guilds out there that give you an opportunity to win fish. You just have to work for them. But then I guess doing a few dice rolls, or bumping a few tanks is to much to ask of some, when they want everything handed to them. Some are just a solo act instead of being part of the community, for the good of the entire Aquarium Community.

It's not about playing the biggest, or best tanks. Sure for some it is..... but not all of us. Personally, I hate Airsharks and Stones. I can grab more off a mixed tank, but I will also play any and every tank....even one lonely snail glowing. Always have. If someone is good enough to take care of a tank, they are good enough to be played, regardless what is in that tank!

Yes, I want the pay out that the fish drop raised. Reason being, it will attract people back to playing Booty Grab. Simple as that. Not for how much gold I can make off my tank.... or anyone else's. I have never been about profits. I spend part of my entertainment budget on Gaia. It's a game, where I come to kick back and relax.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
-Wings of Tranquility-
Hello to all (: *waves*

Reve I do apologize if I go off topic in any way and I hope you are doing well. It's been awhile. I agree with your topic and I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts on aquariums. It doesn't hurt to dream a little dream for GA I guess.

~ I agree totally that the amount of gold dropped per game for both user and tank owner needs dramatically increased. To what amount I am not really sure, but from the looks of the marketplace these days it needs to be substantial! Not only from the standpoint of the game players interest in wanting to even play and feel it is worth the time, but the tank owners and restocking of fish! For those of us that purchase fish with gold do not stand a prayers chance of restocking our tanks, the price in the MP for the most basic of fish is ridiculous! burning_eyes

~ I also feel due to lack of interest in aquariums in general these days and lack of players, it would be helpful to once again lower the player per game count to something around 15 players or less = full game for tank owners so that they stand a chance of getting full games and the possibility of the gold needed to restock their tanks.

~ I feel that all fish that were taken away or nerfed in the past should be re-released in phin phang and restored to their former glory so that aquariums are once again diverse and interesting. I also feel that more good fish should be available in phin phang for cash AND a gold option.

~ I feel that a cap for the day in anyway is sort of unnecessary given the market place. There are only so many hours in a day and only so many games one individual can possibly play anyway.

~ It would also be way cool if the fish could occasionally drop items that would attract players! Maybe a fish of it's like kind, or a plushie or something of value.

~ It would be fantastic if the coin dropped amount could be restored to it's former RAIN glory! It was awesome from a player perspective to be showered with the gold, green, red and blue rain of coins instead of the coin here... coin there... coin here. emotion_zzz

~ And lastly from a purely personal perspective... Thread Voting in GA, especially down voting creates nothing but a lack of unity in the community and a feeling of lack of appreciation. EVERY tank and tank owner is important to the community! I know personally, I was a happier individual here before people were hating on each other and it was clearly apparent through voting the lack of appreciation for each other, our time and effort, our tanks, our support, plays and glow bumps!

-waves- Hi-hi Wings! Great to see your post hun. Thank you. 4laugh
Maybe a little off topic but good points that need to said and heard! wink

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
oo_fiona_oo
Agrees with much things stated in this forum ^.^

The Gaia game rewards and MP/economy are way off balance at the moment.

Have to admit it's brilliant to have players buy gold with CG and take it with gold drop events without giving something in return, not much effort needed making profits then.
It will not work in long term though. Players feel cheated, being ripped of their money, get bored, nothing to see or do here, besides chatting in the forums. Wake up Gaia !!! more and better sites coming up and taking over that community role. You have to add something different, besides the dress-up items.

In my opinion: Sharing (game) experiences, challenges and creativity is what binds people here, they become friends. When you only invest time in shop items, recolors and gold donate events you have nothing more than a very expensive forum site.

These days the aquarium glows are barely played, very few people around.
Is this what Gaia wants for the game? ~ be honest about it
You cannot fool the aquarium holders and players with an update that rises the daily pay-out to 5 mil. If you get 2500 gold a game you would have to play it 2000 times. That's roughly 2000 minutes total. You get more gold by clicking the daily chances and dumpster dive, which takes less than a minute.... dramallama

Hey fiona! smile Thanks for coming and posting. I so agree with the part I made bold. Aquariums are unique to Gaia. Lets keep them Gaia!!! Increasing the gold that the fish drop will help immensely!

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Reve Casse
To Gaia Staff:

I just read your Staff Update. Well, there was excitement because it looked like you are all trying to save our Booty Grab game. I had to hurry and play a tank. Thank you for trying, but this is not what tank owners and grabbers want in order to save the game we love here on Gaia.

It is the pay out from the tanks we wanted increased. The gold the fish drop. Not the daily grab cap. Even at 500,000.... with the tanks paying out between 500 ....and if you are lucky just over 2000gg per grab....it would take forever to even reach the 500,000 cap.

I was very disappointed with the three tanks I played. They didn't even give enough to make it worthwhile. 1274gg off a tank of Blue Dolphins and Stone Coalts is not an improvement that will help settle the Natives of the GA down. One can make more gold selling garbage from towns on the MP than we can on our beloved game of Booty Grab here on Gaia.

I know you are trying. Please help in a way that will save the game. Not in a way that will make this game go the way of the Immortal Dolphins of 2010. The GA is like a morgue at the best of times now with all the negativity. Please help to give our happy spot back on Gaia to us older and die-hard Booty Grabbing Gaians.

Thank you for taking the time to hear me out.

Reve Casse

**I would ask that anyone who posts in this thread, to please keep you comments polite and decent.

*Thank you Hasuki Aatisuto for doing the math. Hopefully some find it enlightening.*

Hasuki Aatisuto

Let's look at this way.

Let's say that the best case situation is that you can get 1k per grab, there's an infinite amount of tanks you can grab from (seeing how there's even LESS tanks nowadays due to the inflation and the payouts not increasing at all) and you can grab a tank every minute.

That comes to 60,000 gold a hour.

Even if you grabbed every minute for 24 hours, you'd only have about 1,440,000 gold and they have increased the limit you can grab everyday to 5,000,000. It is practically impossible to get to the 5,000,000 limit even under the best circumstances..

Even if they increased the payouts ten times, it would still take a long time to reach the 5,000,000 cap.

10,000 per grab a minute for 60 minutes = 600,000

600,000 gold every hour for 24 hours = 14,400,000.

Well, that's not too bad, but let's see what happens if we halve the time to 12 hours. There's no need to grind for 24 hours if the cap is 5,000,000, after all.

600,000 gold every hour for 12 hours = 7,200,000.

Not bad, not bad. Let's try 8 hours.

600,000 gold every hour for 8 hours = 4,800,000.

Let's round it up to 8.5 hours to get an approximate number of hours you'd have to spend to get 5,000,000. That's... still a long time. Very long time. You'd have to be bored out of your mind to grind for 8.5 hours, and it's impossible with all the things we'd have to do during the day: school, work and so forth.

I think they might have adjusted the daily pay out instead of the payout of each fish because its less work. They'd have to work on the coding of each fish or worse they'd have to shut bootygrab all together like they did zOMG to work on the payout of each fish and the glitches that might arise in doing so.

I say let the staff finish up one big project before starting another one or else it'll take even longer for both to get done.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Samsas_KuroGrell
Reve Casse
To Gaia Staff:

I just read your Staff Update. Well, there was excitement because it looked like you are all trying to save our Booty Grab game. I had to hurry and play a tank. Thank you for trying, but this is not what tank owners and grabbers want in order to save the game we love here on Gaia.

It is the pay out from the tanks we wanted increased. The gold the fish drop. Not the daily grab cap. Even at 500,000.... with the tanks paying out between 500 ....and if you are lucky just over 2000gg per grab....it would take forever to even reach the 500,000 cap.

I was very disappointed with the three tanks I played. They didn't even give enough to make it worthwhile. 1274gg off a tank of Blue Dolphins and Stone Coalts is not an improvement that will help settle the Natives of the GA down. One can make more gold selling garbage from towns on the MP than we can on our beloved game of Booty Grab here on Gaia.

I know you are trying. Please help in a way that will save the game. Not in a way that will make this game go the way of the Immortal Dolphins of 2010. The GA is like a morgue at the best of times now with all the negativity. Please help to give our happy spot back on Gaia to us older and die-hard Booty Grabbing Gaians.

Reve Casse

**I would ask that anyone who posts in this thread, to please keep you comments polite and decent.

*Thank you Hasuki Aatisuto for doing the math. Hopefully some find it enlightening.*

Hasuki Aatisuto

Let's look at this way.

Let's say that the best case situation is that you can get 1k per grab, there's an infinite amount of tanks you can grab from (seeing how there's even LESS tanks nowadays due to the inflation and the payouts not increasing at all) and you can grab a tank every minute.

Even if you grabbed every minute for 24 hours, you'd only have about 1,440,000 gold and they have increased the limit you can grab everyday to 5,000,000. It is practically impossible to get to the 5,000,000 limit even under the best circumstances..

Even if they increased the payouts ten times, it would still take a long time to reach the 5,000,000 cap.

Well, that's not too bad, but let's see what happens if we halve the time to 12 hours. There's no need to grind for 24 hours if the cap is 5,000,000, after all.

Let's round it up to 8.5 hours to get an approximate number of hours you'd have to spend to get 5,000,000. That's... still a long time. Very long time. You'd have to be bored out of your mind to grind for 8.5 hours, and it's impossible with all the things we'd have to do during the day: school, work and so forth.

I think they might have adjusted the daily pay out instead of the payout of each fish because its less work. They'd have to work on the coding of each fish or worse they'd have to shut bootygrab all together like they did zOMG to work on the payout of each fish and the glitches that might arise in doing so.

I say let the staff finish up one big project before starting another one or else it'll take even longer for both to get done.

That is what people don't realize. It takes TIME to tweak the fish to make them drop more coins. Gaia only has so many staff that can work on this. That is why I have asked for patience on the part of the members... if you read back in this thread. I don't think they have to shut Booty Grab down. They never have before to make those adjustments. Booty Grab and Zomg are two different things. I don't want to see this site loose either feature.

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Reve Casse
Samsas_KuroGrell
Reve Casse
To Gaia Staff:

Reve Casse

Hasuki Aatisuto

Let's look at this way.

That is what people don't realize. It takes TIME to tweak the fish to make them drop more coins. Gaia only has so many staff that can work on this. That is why I have asked for patience on the part of the members... if you read back in this thread. I don't think they have to shut Booty Grab down. They never have before to make those adjustments. Booty Grab and Zomg are two different things. I don't want to see this site loose either feature.

Its been long while since I played booty grab mostly because of the time it took to get gold that wasnt enough in these times with gaia's economy. I hope nothing happens to loose BG and if they do start tweeking it I'd love to go back to playing it

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Reve Casse

Dolphinmania was created to help those who had lag issues, which the lot of us did. A handful of us could not use BG threads due to the amount of lag. Dolphinamania was not created out of greed or anything alike, so please do not use your ignorance to say it was.

It does not make one greedy to look for profit, by your logic, any one person, including Gaia, must be greedy, right?

It has shown that tanks are no longer profitable, less people own tanks compare to 2009, which you seemed to lack to understand my point of bringing up 2009, and there is less people playing overall games. Tanks used to get the max players, rarely see that happen. Most I see happen is a bit over 10, usually it does not hit 10 players. You need the help of the community to make a profit, so no, the tank owners are not to blame when they no longer gain profit. You should perhaps talk to more people who were once heavily into the aquarium community, maybe it will shed some light.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
guns and wings
Reve Casse

Dolphinmania was created to help those who had lag issues, which the lot of us did. A handful of us could not use BG threads due to the amount of lag. Dolphinamania was not created out of greed or anything alike, so please do not use your ignorance to say it was.

It does not make one greedy to look for profit, by your logic, any one person, including Gaia, must be greedy, right?

It has shown that tanks are no longer profitable, less people own tanks compare to 2009, which you seemed to lack to understand my point of bringing up 2009, and there is less people playing overall games. Tanks used to get the max players, rarely see that happen. Most I see happen is a bit over 10, usually it does not hit 10 players. You need the help of the community to make a profit, so no, the tank owners are not to blame when they no longer gain profit. You should perhaps talk to more people who were once heavily into the aquarium community, maybe it will shed some light.

Your condescending comments are not needed, nor welcome here. This is for constructive feedback to Gaia. Not personal attacks. Since you are a little mule account with a join date of Join date: 09.17.14 and only 2 friends on your list, show your real face if you are going talk down to people. You were here yesterday doing the same thing.

Claim what you want to justify Dolphinmania. I really don't care. With all the botting it caused.... it is best gone. We still deal with lag! Clear your cache! You will not be acknowledged again in this thread due to you only want to cause grief and be argumentative. THAT is not what this thread is for!

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Reve Casse

I apologize if it seems like I'm personally attacking you or coming off condescending, that was not my intentions and I am sorry if your feelings were hurt. I'm not a mule account, though. I rejoined Gaia after being gone for awhile and made the choice of starting anew.

And that's fine, my first post was on topic and you went off topic with my statements, I was simply addressing what was stated.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
guns and wings
Reve Casse

I apologize if it seems like I'm personally attacking you or coming off condescending, that was not my intentions and I am sorry if your feelings were hurt. I'm not a mule account, though. I rejoined Gaia after being gone for awhile and made the choice of starting anew.

And that's fine, my first post was on topic and you went off topic with my statements, I was simply addressing what was stated.

My feeling aren't hurt at all. I simply do not want this thread to turn into a Gong Show so that Gaia staff turn their backs and close their eyes to it. I am trying to do something productive here.

If you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Try being part of the solution. It's 2014. Gaia has evolved. We, as users, have to evolve. We will never have the glory days back of easy gold from the tanks. But to ask for better than what we have now, is worth it, to try to save the game.

Destructive Reveler

I love booty grab and really would like to see it continue. That being said it does need an overhaul. New or reissuing old fish, the hamuhamu is the fish that shows up on the booty grab loading page but they got rid it. New decorations and an increased payout per game (or at least changing it back to how it was originally pre nerf) I'm glad they upped how much you can get per day but the amount you get per game means you will NEVER reach that goal or even get close.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff