Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drop the CAP. More fish in Phin Phang.

Drop the CAP ENTIRELY!! 0.24120603015075 24.1% [ 48 ]
A few more fish for gold & cash in Phin Phang 0.20603015075377 20.6% [ 41 ]
Yes please to both Gaia! 0.55276381909548 55.3% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 199 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Dapper Noob

I don't think it was a mistake on their part, but rather a case of them being deliberately dense, and hoping that people would be appeased because they did SOMETHING, if not really what people actually wanted.

You know they're probably sitting in their offices going "We can't raise the actual gold payout on anything. It will cause inflation!"

Widow

Stone-cold Phantom

27,425 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Frozen Solid 200
Pewpewkachu
I don't think it was a mistake on their part, but rather a case of them being deliberately dense, and hoping that people would be appeased because they did SOMETHING, if not really what people actually wanted.

You know they're probably sitting in their offices going "We can't raise the actual gold payout on anything. It will cause inflation!"

Gaia already knows there is a problem with inflation. Raising the amount of gold that the fish drop is not going to contribute to inflation in a major way, IF they only increase it tenfold.
Actually, being able to grab 5,000 to 40,0000+ off a tank would help many people, not just the tank owner. I think it is a realistic figure.

Dapper Noob

Ashi_Kisaki
Pewpewkachu

Gaia already knows there is a problem with inflation. Raising the amount of gold that the fish drop is not going to contribute to inflation in a major way, IF they only increase it tenfold.
Actually, being able to grab 5,000 to 40,0000+ off a tank would help many people, not just the tank owner. I think it is a realistic figure.

They do, and it doesn't make sense, but every time something like this is brought up, they will use that excuse, while completely ignoring that their gold gens caused the problems in the first place.

They simply don't WANT people to be able to make gold without paying for it, but they can't just outright say that, so they do these small things to try to appease us and shut us up.

Widow

Stone-cold Phantom

27,425 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Frozen Solid 200
rolleyes Some people just can't stay on topic.

Support bump for Gaia raising the gold dropped by the fish in Booty Grab!!

Playful Gaian

My (possibly naive) hope is that they raised the gold cap now so that when they get done doing background tests and adjustments for the fish payouts, they won't have to do a new gold cap then.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
oneia
My (possibly naive) hope is that they raised the gold cap now so that when they get done doing background tests and adjustments for the fish payouts, they won't have to do a new gold cap then.

Always good to be hopeful!! wink

Dapper Noob

Ashi_Kisaki

How is my post off topic? I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up that they'll ever raise the actual payout, because they don't want it to be easy to make gold using the site features. If they do, it will by such an insignificant amount that they may have well not done it at all.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Pewpewkachu
Ashi_Kisaki

How is my post off topic? I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up that they'll ever raise the actual payout, because they don't want it to be easy to make gold using the site features. If they do, it will by such an insignificant amount that they may have well not done it at all.

You can make lots of gold on this site without paying for it. You just have to learn how to do it. wink

Here's to hoping a lot of us get our hopes up and try to get the pay out from the fish raised. Being negative has gotten us no where.
By the way..... do you even own a tank or play booty grab?
It's nice that they raised the cap, that helps but without higher gold payouts, it's useless, because no one has that much time to play, even assuming you can find enough tanks to play.

We need the gold to be multiplied by 20 at least, or even maybe 50. In this inflated economy, booty grab isn't worth doing at it's current rate.

Has there been any response from staff about this?

Dapper Noob

Reve Casse
Pewpewkachu
Ashi_Kisaki

You can make lots of gold on this site without paying for it. You just have to learn how to do it. wink

Here's to hoping a lot of us get our hopes up and try to get the pay out from the fish raised. Being negative has gotten us no where.

Oh, I know how. Too bad they're talking about taking away Alchemy though. If they do, there goes my main source of income, since I don't vend or do art.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Fenris deLune
It's nice that they raised the cap, that helps but without higher gold payouts, it's useless, because no one has that much time to play, even assuming you can find enough tanks to play.

We need the gold to be multiplied by 20 at least, or even maybe 50. In this inflated economy, booty grab isn't worth doing at it's current rate.

Has there been any response from staff about this?

Not as of yet, but I only started the thread and sent a personal PM to a Staff Member last night.
We just need to be patient. I know that's difficult.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Rome didn't fall in a day.
I'm thinking positive. They did say they are willing to look at things.
Hopefully, we show some respect, we get some respect.
Gaia staff takes a look and we get answers... and hopefully changes.

Dangerous Dabbler

I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Pewpewkachu
Reve Casse
Pewpewkachu
Ashi_Kisaki

Oh, I know how. Too bad they're talking about taking away Alchemy though. If they do, there goes my main source of income, since I don't vend or do art.

Well maybe you should learn how to vend. The MP has always been a major source of income.

As for Alchemy.... that belongs in another thread. Not this one. This is about gold pay out from the fish. Only gold pay out from fish.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Cheshire Bronze
I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.
Reve Casse
Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.

Amen! Speak the truth!
No seriously. I still spend my freetime coding things for Aquariums
~Lord Awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out